• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

India's longest train journey takes 3.5 days

Status
Not open for further replies.
In early part of 20th century the longest train used to be the Grand Trunk Express(GT) that ran between Mangalore and Peshawar in Pakistan that took 104 hours ie 4.5 days

DE9DChrUQAAS5a5.jpg:large

Source:Twitter

hi sir,

when i was in army....i travelled from chennai to gawhati in assam by vivekananda express in three days....again from gawhati to

tezpur in assam more than six hours...its long train journey in my life....during monsoon sometimes ...we may have four days...

but in our speicial army train from assam to delhi more than 15 days.....we have to stop many places more than one day...

In 1950's the train from Howrah to Chennai used to take 3 days, That too in unreserved bench seats, No AC. And the end of the journey in a coal fired steam engine we all used to look like coal miners. We all had steel trunk, holdall, and good friends.

In 1950's the train from Howrah to Chennai used to take 3 days, That too in unreserved bench seats, No AC. And the end of the journey in a coal fired steam engine we all used to look like coal miners. We all had steel trunk, holdall, and good friends.
hi

it used to be same in GRAND TRUNK EXPRESS FROM CHENNAI TO DELHI took 3 days in 1950s...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back