• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Unable to do Yajur Upakarma on August 6th, 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does this apply to people in USA also. The eclipse may not be seen here...I am guessing
hi

in USA....there is no lunar eclipse...so august 7th upakarma...ONLY IN USA...THERE IS WHOLE DAY SOLAR ECLISPSE IN

AUGUST...

.. ...ONLY IN USA...THERE IS WHOLE DAY SOLAR ECLISPSE IN AUGUST...
OMG! Whole day, TBS Sir? :nono:

Please remember that Solar eclipse lasts for ONLY a few minutes and the total eclipse this August will be

visible ONLY to people living within a particular 70 miles stretch! This one will be for 2 mts and 40 secs.

Here is and interesting page which says: ''
On Aug. 21, 2017, people across the United States will see the sun

disappear behind the moon, turning daylight into twilight, causing the temperature drop rapidly and revealing

massive streamers of light streaking through the sky around the silhouette of the moon. On that day, America

will fall under the path of a total solar eclipse .

The so-called Great American Total Solar Eclipse will darken skies all the way from Oregon to South Carolina,

along a stretch of land about 70 miles (113 kilometers) wide. People who descend upon this "path of totality"

for the big event are in for an unforgettable experience.

Here is Space.com's complete guide to the 2017 total solar eclipse. It includes information about where and

when to see it
, how long it lasts, what you can expect to see, and how to plan ahead to ensure you get the most

out of this incredible experience
.''

Ref:
Total Solar Eclipse 2017

aHR0cDovL3d3dy5zcGFjZS5jb20vaW1hZ2VzL2kvMDAwLzA2NC82MDAvb3JpZ2luYWwvMjAxNy10b3RhbC1zb2xhci1lY2xpcHNlLXRyYWNrLmpwZw==

OMG! Whole day, TBS Sir? :nono:

Please remember that Solar eclipse lasts for ONLY a few minutes and the total eclipse this August will be

visible ONLY to people living within a particular 70 miles stretch! This one will be for 2 mts and 40 secs.

Here is and interesting page which says: ''
On Aug. 21, 2017, people across the United States will see the sun

disappear behind the moon, turning daylight into twilight, causing the temperature drop rapidly and revealing

massive streamers of light streaking through the sky around the silhouette of the moon. On that day, America

will fall under the path of a total solar eclipse .

The so-called Great American Total Solar Eclipse will darken skies all the way from Oregon to South Carolina,

along a stretch of land about 70 miles (113 kilometers) wide. People who descend upon this "path of totality"

for the big event are in for an unforgettable experience.

Here is Space.com's complete guide to the 2017 total solar eclipse. It includes information about where and

when to see it
, how long it lasts, what you can expect to see, and how to plan ahead to ensure you get the most

out of this incredible experience
.''

Ref:
Total Solar Eclipse 2017

aHR0cDovL3d3dy5zcGFjZS5jb20vaW1hZ2VzL2kvMDAwLzA2NC82MDAvb3JpZ2luYWwvMjAxNy10b3RhbC1zb2xhci1lY2xpcHNlLXRyYWNrLmpwZw==
hi

in USA PANCHANGAM......according to EST....Morning 9 .00am, to 5.00pm ....on sunday...august 20th...i think so...

I would like to clarify my question.. I am out of town on August 6th, August 7th, August 8th.. and need to know if there are any alternate days that I can do my upakarma as a prayaschitham.. I know it is best to do on the day.. but there are situations when you are unable to do and would still want to perform this once in a year upakarma.. especially the Kamokarishith.. manyurakarishith japam..

Dear TBS Sir,

Different places in the U S of A will see the eclipse at different times.

From the commencement to end of eclipse it will take two to three hours.

But the total eclipse will be ONLY for 2 mts 40 secs.

The chart below will help to know the time of total Solar eclipse, at different places:

The chart below lists the moment of mid-totality and the duration of totality for a handful of cities that lie close to the center of the path.

Data from NASA.

Eclipse BeginsTotality BeginsTotality EndsEclipse Ends
Madras, OR09:06 a.m.10:19 a.m.10:21 a.m.11:41 a.m.PDT
Idaho Falls, ID10:15 a.m.11:33 a.m.11:34 a.m.12:58 p.m.MDT
Casper, WY10:22 a.m.11:42 a.m.11:45 a.m.01:09 p.m.MDT
Lincoln, NE11:37 a.m.01:02 p.m.01:04 p.m.02:29 p.m.CDT
Jefferson City, MO11:46 a.m.01:13 p.m.01:15 p.m.02:41 p.m.CDT
Carbondale, IL11:52 a.m.01:20 p.m.01:22 p.m.02:47 p.m.CDT
Paducah, KY11:54 a.m.01:22 p.m.01:24 p.m.02:49 p.m.CDT
Nashville, TN11:58 a.m.01:27 p.m.01:29 p.m.02:54 p.m.CDT
Clayton, GA01:06 p.m.02:35 p.m.02:38 p.m.04:01 p.m.EDT
Columbia, SC01:03 p.m.02:41 p.m.02:44 p.m.04:06 p.m.EDT

From what locations will the total solar eclipse be visible?

The path of totality for the Aug. 21, 2017, total solar eclipse is about 70 miles wide and stretches

from Oregon to South Carolina.

It passes through Idaho, Wyoming, Nebraska, Kansas, Missouri, Illinois, Kentucky, Tennessee,

Georgia, North Carolina and South Carolina.

Source:
Total Solar Eclipse 2017

From what locations will the total solar eclipse be visible?

The path of totality for the Aug. 21, 2017, total solar eclipse is about 70 miles wide and stretches

from Oregon to South Carolina.

It passes through Idaho, Wyoming, Nebraska, Kansas, Missouri, Illinois, Kentucky, Tennessee,

Georgia, North Carolina and South Carolina.

Source:
Total Solar Eclipse 2017
hi

boton/ new york and other eastern,,,,,this is from newyork temple panchangam....

Grahan if not visible not applicable. So in USA it is on Monday 7th August. In sankalpa you have to adjust thidhi, nakshthra & month as applicable.

Hi, I have a similar question, only I'm presently in india, but I will be in USA in a few weeks.

I'm unable to do it from india because of some major commitments and I'm out of town.

I'll be in USA next month. So when can I do it when I'm in USA, or how do I go about changing my thread?

Any inputs will be highly appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back