Tamil Brahmins
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

FATHER's SHRADDA THITHI

0 Not allowed!
    SIR
    MY FATHER ATTAINED MOKSHA ON 24th JULY 2002 at 4--15 p.m
    IN TIRUCHIRAPALLI. HE BREATHED HIS LAST ON THE PRATHAMAI DAY AFTER POURNAMI. PLEASE INFORM ME THE DATE ON WHICH I HAVE TO DO ANNUAL SRADDHA. THANKS.
    SAINATHAN
    (sainath1951@yahoo.com)
    Downloads
    Uploads

0 Not allowed!
    I referred to Paambu panchaangam.

The date of sraaddham is August 8th 2017.

Smt. Raji Ram
  3. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    If you are having a problem with a particular thread or user, please use the "REPORT POST" button beside the offending post to inform us or raise a complaint.
    Downloads
    Uploads

0 Not allowed!
    Dear Sri Sanath

Same day as Gaayathri Japam -- Tuesday 8th August 2017. Please also note that Pournami thithi expires at 12.43 am, i.e. about three-quarters past midnight that morning.

S NarayanaswamyIyer
  5. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    If you are having a problem with a particular thread or user, please use the "REPORT POST" button beside the offending post to inform us or raise a complaint.
    Downloads
    Uploads

0 Not allowed!
    It is basic courtesy to send a note of thanks, when members care to answer our query !

Smt. Raji Ram
  7. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    Downloads
    Uploads

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Raji Ram View Post
    It is basic courtesy to send a note of thanks, when members care to answer our query !

Smt. Raji Ram
    Why today?
    OP was 0n 02/07.
    Your answer was on 04/07.
    Just curious.
  9. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    Downloads
    Uploads

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by prasad1 View Post
    Why today?......... .
    OP was on 03/07. Since no one answered for one day, I wrote on 04/07.

Now that I don't get e-mail notifications, I entered this thread again. Not a note of thanks!

That is it.
  11. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    Downloads
    Uploads

0 Not allowed!
    When doing a paropakaaram, you do NOT expect thanks. Ours is a "dharmam-kara sathyam vada" society, not a return-expecting Christianised society. The reward (e.g. "thank-you notes") awaits in the next world (if you believe in next worlds!).

S Narayanaswamy Iyer
  13. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    Downloads
    Uploads

0 Not allowed!
    Thank you Iyer Sir for your nice advice.

Let me thank you in this janmA itself!!
  15. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    Downloads
    Uploads

0 Not allowed!
    Very gracious of you, Madam Raji Ram, to "thank me in this janma itself", though never expected this.

You might not be aware that whenever I perform graha-pravesham, bhagavathi seva, jaatha-karmam, naama-karanam, anna-praashanam, aayushya-homam, mahaa-ganapathi homam, sudarshana-chakra homam, other homams, archanas and abhishegams in other Brahmins' homes, I do not accept any aachaarya sambhaavana or gifts in kind in lieu. Even reimbursement of transport expenses is at kartha's total discretion.

So advising on matching of horoscopes, times for shraaddham, upanayanam, marriage, and other functions is also gratis without expectation of any word of thanks.

God/Goddess in His/Her benevolence has given me plenty in this world and in this life. No reason not to share all this with others in need when the chance happens.

S Narayanaswamy Iyer

S Narayanaswamy Iyer
  17. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    Downloads
    Uploads

0 Not allowed!
    Iyer Sir!

You can afford to give free service to fellow brahmins, since you had a fantastic job to earn for a your comfortable life.
  19. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast