• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Avani Avittam 2017 Date

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Devarajan89

This is the only festival for the brahmin gents. Generally it comes in tamil month Aadi. Once the new moon day of Aadi month completes and full moon day comes, yajur avani avittam will come. For Rig veda brahmins it comes in the day prior to full moon day and that day should be a chathurthi day. In some occasions, both will fall on the same day. For sama veda brahmins, avani avittam will come on the day of vinayaka chaturthi or the previous day.

Attachments

• IMG_2807.JPG
    IMG_2807.JPG
    142.3 KB · Views: 631
மிக்க நன்றி. ஆவணி அவிட்ட (யஜுர் உபாகர்மா) மஹா ஸங்கல்பத்தில் எனது சந்தேகத்தை தீர்த்து வைக்கவும். நான் இப்போது ஆஸ்த்ரேலியாவில் பிரிஸ்பேன் நகரத்தில் எனது மகன் வீட்டிற்கு வந்திருக்கிறேன். பிரிஸ்பேன் நகரம் ஆஸ்த்ரேலியாவில் கிழக்கு கடற்கறையில் உள்ளது. வீடு பிரிஸ்பேன் ஆற்றிற்கு மேற்கு புறம் உள்ளது. இப்போது மஹாஸங்கல்பம் செய்யும்போது " ஜம்புத்வீபே, பாரத வர்ஷே, பரத கண்டே" விவரங்களுக்கு என்ன சொல்ல வேண்டும்? ரெ. ராமஸ்வாமி.

U can substitute as :

Kusha dweepe,Hiranmaya varshe, Astraalaya khande (astra-aalaya)The place where missles(Astra)has been tested in mahabharata periods..

மதிப்பிற்குரிய நண்பரே,
மிகவும் நன்றி.
ரெ. ராமஸ்வாமி

Kindly let me know the date of Gayathri Japam which follows normally the next day to Yajur upakarma. Please also its Sankalpam in Tamil

Sir

Understand there is a debate this year on when the avani avittam is - In August 17 or September 17.... Vaithigas are going with Aug 17 while the post before quotes Kanchi Madam....

The justification as quoted by the vaithiga s also appears reasonable..

Now need to have a consensus on the dates.....

Lot of controversies this year about the date of Yajur upAkarmA!

Kanchi mutt considers the lunar eclipse and postponed the date to 6th September 2017.

Kerala sAsthtigaLs say that there is no need to change the date because the eclipse occurs ONLY at night.

BTW, I got the following page, while surfing the net. Here it is:

''Since there is NO Chandra GrahaNam in America (North and South)

Yajur upAkarmA is on 7th August and Gayathri Japam on 8th August.''

The following page is very useful. Please check it out!

http://hindupad.com/yajur-veda-avan...vedi-upaakarma-procedure-with-maha-sankalpam/

Lot of controversies this year about the date of Yajur upAkarmA!

Kanchi mutt considers the lunar eclipse and postponed the date to 6th September 2017.

Kerala sAsthtigaLs say that there is no need to change the date because the eclipse occurs ONLY at night.

BTW, I got the following page, while surfing the net. Here it is:

''Since there is NO Chandra GrahaNam in America (North and South)

Yajur upAkarmA is on 7th August and Gayathri Japam on 8th August.''

The following page is very useful. Please check it out!

http://hindupad.com/yajur-veda-avan...vedi-upaakarma-procedure-with-maha-sankalpam/

hi

we have uparkarma on aug 7th in USA...

Hello all, Namaskaram,

I live in San Francisco & want to confirm a confusion I have. I will be in India in September and in the USA in August (2017).
1. Can someone please confirm the date of Upakarma in the US (as Aug 7th?)
2. What should I do about being in India during Avani Avittam? Should I change it again?

..........I live in San Francisco & want to confirm a confusion I have. I will be in India in September and in the USA in August (2017).
1. Can someone please confirm the date of Upakarma in the US (as Aug 7th?)
2. What should I do about being in India during Avani Avittam? Should I change it again?
1. Please do it on 7th August, in the U S of A.

2. No need to do again! :cool:

Sankalppam for Upaakarma in Melbourne:

"U can substitute as : Kusha dweepe, Hiranmaya varshe, Astraalaya khande (astra-aalaya)" -- Devarajan89.

No, you can't. Correct sankalppa manthram for Melbourne, Australia is:-

"jambhoo dveepe, bhaaratha varshe, bharatha khande, meroho aagneya dikh bhaage dakshina-dhruva samudra madhye asthreliya mahaa-dveeepasya aagneya dikh bhaage, jaithra-ranee deshe, melbarana-puri kshethre......"

S Narayanaswamy Iyer

Avani avittam 2017

View attachment Avani avittam 2017.pdf
This is the only festival for the brahmin gents. Generally it comes in tamil month Aadi. Once the new moon day of Aadi month completes and full moon day comes, yajur avani avittam will come. For Rig veda brahmins it comes in the day prior to full moon day and that day should be a chathurthi day. In some occasions, both will fall on the same day. For sama veda brahmins, avani avittam will come on the day of vinayaka chaturthi or the previous day.

I have received a message on July 3, from Mahaperiava group Periva kural regarding the Avani Avittam as given below along with the pdf file attached. In that the group of people gathered and discussed regarding, performing of the Upakarma for 2017 and suggested 7.8.17 is good. Our group senior members may suggest further reviewing the pdf file. Thanks
Periva Kural:
Namaskaram. We've been receiving separate mails and chats from quite a few members asking for confirmation of the Upakarma date. In this regard, we would like to share this file from Vaithikasri magazine, which was authorised for public release and circulation by Brahmasri Nannilam Rajagopala Ganapatigal. This file, which is an extract from the current month magazine is exhaustive knowledge base which concludes the issue by taking in the views of many scholars, as mentioned therein. We hope you find this useful, and we would like to thank Sri Rajagopala Ganapatigal once again for his great service to the society. Periva Saranam
1f64f

Last edited:
Lots of discussions this year! Now the new notice confirms the date as 07-08-2017 for everyone.

Anyway, for those living in our colony in West K K nagar, our Vinayakar temple notice will confirm the date. :)

Dear Sri R Ramaswami

Ref yr query n on 22 Junr 2017. The correct sankalppam for Brisbane is:-

"jambhoo dveepe, bhaaratha varshe, bharatha khande, meroho aagneya dikh bhaage dakshina-dhruva samudra madhye asthreliya mahaa-dveeepasya poorva dikh bhaage, mahaa-ranee samsthaana
deshe, thasmaan saagarasya paschima theere, bruhaspand-puri kshethre......"

S Narayanaswamy Iyer

Namaskaram,

I have a question.
I'm in kerala and my grandma from chennai said avani avittam is postponed to the next avittam in Lieu of the lunar eclipse.

I'm going to leave to the USA next month but I believe it's today in the US.

So how do I go about, with the practice?

Any input is highly appreciated.

Regards,

Dear Sri Muralig 57

Herewith sankalppam for today (8.8.2017)'s mahaa gaayathri (1008) japam:-

மமோபாத்த ஸமஸ்த துரிதக்ஷயத்வாரா ஸ்ரீ பரமேஸ்வர ப்ரீத்யர்த்தம்

ஸுபே சோபனே முஹுர்த்தே ஆத்யப்ரஹ்மணஹ த்வித்தீய பரார்த்தே
ஸ்வேத வராஹ கல்பே வைவஸ்வத மன்வந்தரே அஷ்டா விம்ஷதி தாமே
கலி யுகே ப்ரதமே பாதே ஜாமபூ ட்வீபே பாரத வர்ஷே பரத கண்டே மேரோஹோ
தக்ஷிணே பார்ஸ்வே ஷகாப்தே அஸ்மின் வர்த்தமானே வ்யாபாரிகே பிரபவாதி
ஷஷ்டி ஸம்வத்ஸராணாம் மத்யே ஹேவிளம்பி நாம ஸம்வத்ஸரே தக்ஷிணாயனே
வர்ஷ றுதௌ ஸ்ராவண மாஸே கிருஷ்ண பக்ஷே பிரதம்யாம் ஷுப திதௌ
வாஸரஹ பௌமவாஸர யுக்தாயாம் ஷ்ரவிஷ்டா நக்ஷத்ர யுக்தாயாம்
ஷுப யோக ஷுப கரண ஏவங்குன விஷேஷண விஷிஷ்டாயாம் அஸ்யாம்
பிரதம்யாம் ஷுப திதௌ

தோஷவட-அபதனீய ப்றாயஸ்ச்சித்தார்த்தம் மித்யாதீத ப்றாயஸ்ச்சித்தார்த்தம்
சம்வத்ஸர ப்றாயஸ்ச்சித்தார்த்தம் அஷ்டோத்தர ஸஹஸ்ர ஸந்க்ஹ்யயா
காயத்ரீ மஹாமந்த்ர ஜபம் கரிஷ்யே (2 தடவை)

Aasheervaathams

S Narayanaswamy Iyer

Dear All,
I live in Netherlands, Eindhoven. My father said the Yajur upakarma is tomorrow (6th Sep 2017). I have the same query as one above, How do I substitute "Jabhutvebe .." verse. Please help. Also if you have the Yajur upakarma version in English or Tamil, please share.
Regards,
Venkataramanan Srinivasan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back