• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Theresa May: I'll tear up human rights laws so we can deport terrorists

Status
Not open for further replies.
A powerful speech by incumbent British PM (& next PM too) ...Compliments to her...When terrorism rears its head we have to safeguard our people & the country...We cannot talk of human rights at that point of time!! Her speech in poll bound UK is applicable to all countries that are adversely impacted by terrorism!! An apt topic for discussion in GD

Do not forget to watch the video embedded
[h=1]Theresa May: I'll tear up human rights laws so we can deport terrorists[/h]

6 June 2017 • 8:53pm Theresa May will start work on toughening anti-terrorism measures on Friday if she is re-elected, she said last night, and promised she will not let human rights laws stand in her way.
The Prime Minister will make it easier to deport foreign terror suspects and will extend existing laws that restrict the freedom of British suspects.

Mrs May has been stung by criticism of her record on counter-terrorism following Saturday’s attack on London, the third terrorist outrage in the space of three months.

She has faced a barrage of questions about why the three Islamist terrorists who killed seven at the weekend were free to do it despite two of them of them being on the radar of the police or MI5. She has also been taken to task over a 20,000 reduction in police numbers under her watch.

In an effort to get back on the front foot, Mrs May used a campaign speech in Slough last night to signal a significant gear change in her response.
She said: "When I stood on the steps of Downing Street after the London attack I said enough is enough and things have got to change.
"We need to take on the ideology that unites and motivates the perpetrators of these attacks."

Above and beyond that, she said: “We should do even more to restrict the freedom and the movements of terrorist suspects when we have enough evidence to know they present a threat, but not enough evidence to prosecute them in full in court.

"And if human rights laws get in the way of doing these things, we will change those laws to make sure we can do them.

"If I am elected as Prime Minister on Thursday, I can tell you that this vital work begins on Friday."
Mrs May had already announced plans for longer prison sentences for terrorists and a clamp down on internet firms that enable access to extremist material, but she now wants to go further.
She will extend the powers of police and the courts to restrict the movements of terrorist suspects using Terrorism Prevention and Investigation Measures (Tpims).

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/201...l-not-let-human-rights-act-stop-bringing-new/

"If I am elected as Prime Minister on Thursday, I can tell you that this vital work begins on Friday."
Mrs May had already announced plans for longer prison sentences for terrorists and a clamp down on internet firms that enable access to extremist material, but she now wants to go further.
She will extend the powers of police and the courts to restrict the movements of terrorist suspects using Terrorism Prevention and Investigation Measures (Tpims).

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/201...l-not-let-human-rights-act-stop-bringing-new/

Looks like Even English people have a heart.
This kind of knee-jerk reaction is not good for any country.
Human Right laws are for the sake of Humanity.
Yes, we must act against terrorists but there is no need to give up our humanity.

The English handed her an upset defeat. She lost the 20% advantage she had when she called for the election.

Looks like Even English people have a heart.
This kind of knee-jerk reaction is not good for any country.
Human Right laws are for the sake of Humanity.
Yes, we must act against terrorists but there is no need to give up our humanity.

The English handed her an upset defeat. She lost the 20% advantage she had when she called for the election.

True..human rights should prevail and terrorist should be dealt with a different act.

This just looks like she wants some political mileage.

Politicians say anything to get mileage.
Just becos a politician says words we want to hear we shouldnt get excited and jump with joy.

If our personal rights are removed then everyone will call out for an Avatar..saying its Adharma.

When it suits our desires..its Dharma..when it does not suit our desires its Adharma.

Sometimes I wonder why Avatars waste time on humans..may be He is just clearing up the mess to make His life easier.

Last edited:

There are reports about the Government breaching human violations on many occasions earlier and human rights law, besides failure on many human rights measures.

There are politicians, we have seen, who go to any extent to uphold their policies, commitments, missions, promises...etc without any compromise...

They are more tactful and prove 'Dare Devil' at times as they are after power.

Can anyone forget Indira Gandhi, the 'iron lady' and her 'Operation Blue Star' mission.

Recent Indian Commandos 'Surgical strike' across LOC in POK is one such against terrorists.

Given opportunity they will display their courage..

And BTW some one has to Bell the cat.

Last edited by a moderator:
When many children were relentlessly bombed in vietnam by US , no one shed tears for them and talked of human rights.

Many children in west asia were made homeless and many got killed as collateral damage in fighting terrorism.Did anyone shed tears for them?

Now it is touching western powers and the citizens of european countries.

When it hurts close to home, I suppose everyone wakes up.

But even now India gets supported to take on a neighbour by US only as a balancing factor and nothing more.

World politics is only power play.

There is no morality. Only military strength. with economic clout counts.

The problematic behavior from Indira Gandhi was during the Emergency rather than Bluestar. Just my opinion.

There are reports about the Government breaching human violations on many occasions earlier and human rights law, besides failure on many human rights measures.

There are politicians, we have seen, who go to any extent to uphold their policies, commitments, missions, promises...etc without any compromise...

They are more tactful and prove 'Dare Devil' at times as they are after power.

Can anyone forget Indira Gandhi, the 'iron lady' and her 'Operation Blue Star' mission.

Recent Indian Commandos 'Surgical strike' across LOC in POK is one such against terrorists.

Given opportunity they will display their courage..

And BTW some one has to Bell the cat.

The problematic behavior from Indira Gandhi was during the Emergency rather than Bluestar. Just my opinion.

Yes Sir,

You are right.

Several human rights violations took place

President's rule was imposed

All opposition parties were threatened

There was imprisonment of most of the prominent leaders like, JP Narayanan, Morarji Desai, L.K.Advani, A.B. Vaipayee, etc

Elections suspended.... civil liberties curbed... there were ban on demonstrations, rallies, public meetings, etc

News papers, TV channel contents were censored.

There was new model of code of conduct for journalists.

There were several laws implemented granting immunity for the PM

All the State Governments were asked to fall in line and to be loyal to the Central Govt.,

Government was to decide the number of children for every parents
(Mass -sterilization)

Forceful eviction of slums, etc

Sanjay Gandhi’s pet projects were implemented with haste…

And there was lot to speak….

And there were lot of plus also

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back