• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Mantra for conceiving /Child.

Status
Not open for further replies.
In our home town, mannargudi, the famous vaishnava shrine, the presiding deity is Sri Santhana Gopalan. It is believed that those couple who want to have a child if they keep the Idol in their hands for a while as one keep the baby normally in cradle form, she conceives. Another such place in Thirukarugavur, near papanasam in Tanjavur, Deity Garbharakshambigai is also worshipped for conceiving.
Sorry I do not know of any mantras/slokas.

Dear Rajan,
Sowndarya Lahari by Adi shankara's 6th sloga is very powerful for sandanya bagyam. you can recite it as much as possible with bakthi which gives immediate results.
regards, Gaya

As posted by Gaya the 6th sloka is much powerful. The slokam "Dhanu poushpam mourvi.." is meant for vigor and also getting into family way.

Similarly, the thevaram sung for "thiruvenkadu" is also very much powerful for this

Pranams

drsundaram
"In our home town, mannargudi, the famous vaishnava shrine, the presiding deity is Sri Santhana Gopalan. It is believed that those couple who want to have a child if they keep the Idol in their hands for a while as one keep the baby normally in cradle form, she conceives. Another such place in Thirukarugavur, near papanasam in Tanjavur, Deity Garbharakshambigai is also worshipped for conceiving.
Sorry I do not know of any mantras/slokas."
Unquote

I concur with Sri drsundaram.

I am giving the Garbharakshambika mantram and the Santaana Gopaala mantram.(and providing the relevant links for further knowledge in this).

The main deity in the Thripunithura Temple (Sri Poornathrayeesa ), a place near Kochi is Sanatana Gopaala .Many people come here for prayer for Satsantaana labdhi.

Santhana Gopala Mantra
Om Devaki Sudha Govinda Vasudeva Jagath Pathe
Dehimey Thanayam Krishna Thwamaham Saranam Kadhahaa
Deva Deva Jagannatha Gothra Vridhi Karap Prabho
Dehimey Thanayam Sheegram Ayushmandham Yashashreenam

Garbarakshambigai sloka to have child :
Aum devendhiraani namosthubyam Dhevendhira piriya baamini
Vivaaha baakyam aarokyam puthra laabam sadhehime
Padhim dhehi sudham dhehi Soubaakyam dhehime subhe
Soumaangalyam subam Gnayanam Dhehime Garbarakshake

Kaathyaayini mahaamaaye Maha yoginya dhisvari
Nandhagoba seedham dhevam Padhim Megurudhe Namah

Garbhaadhaanam is one of the Samskaaras .This is now not cared by many. Some may even laugh at the mention. The pachaangams prescribe Muhurtam for this also. It is also termed 'Sekam".

(These are given only for academic interest for interested.)

Links for further in this.

santanalakshmi vratam - iAnswers Ask Agent : Ask questions, Seek advice, Ask an expert

Gender Selection, How to conceive Boy Or Girl, Post Pregnancy Care

http://www.trsiyengar.com/id26.shtml
Greetings

Last edited by a moderator:
i hope the parties concerned, that there has been only one recorded instance of immaculate conception, and that happened around 2000 years or so ago, in bethlehem.

i wish this couple well, and may venture to suggest, that as a supplement to all the prayers, that they do indulge in coitus regularly and often many times a day, and ofcourse relaxedly and enjoyably. i have heard that the right mood is important.

again, we are assuming that all the relevant details re sperm count, female cycle fertility and what else, has been thoroughly vetted out. i think it is good to approach to take all the help that one can get from all quarters, and if successful, pay due obeisance to the same all quarters, for one really does not know where the help comes from in these matters.

finally, after a time boxed period, they may consider adoption.

best wishes for an early fulfillment.

Last edited:
.... that there has been only one recorded instance of immaculate conception, and that happened around 2000 years or so ago, in bethlehem.

Sorry to take some of the levity and the seriousness of the problem away, but immaculate conception is not a recorded instance, but only doctrine, that too not unanimously shared by all Christian denominations.

Further, the myth of conception without sex was believed by many other religions of the area at that time. It is almost certain that to be taken seriously, the early Christians came up with their own version of pregnancy without sex.

I have read about reports of labs that study and suggest the most fertile time that maximizes the success probability. Perhaps the couple could look into this as well. i wish the couple well.

Cheers!

Thank you for the e-mails.

Hi,

Thank you very much for the Mantras and the info about the temple in Manargudi and your best wishes.

Appreciate your help and suggestions.

Regards,
Packiarajan Siva

Dear PSiva,

Firstly get the couple medically evaluated.
Infertility can have many causes either male factors, female factors or a combination of both.
Sometimes a couple can be medically normal and still fail to conceive.

The best is to get the medical problem sorted out first if any and go along the lines of treatment advocated by the doctor.
But at the same time mantras/shlokas/prayers can be recited to create positive vibes around the couple.
You can also get astrological 2nd opinion from Shri Swaminatha Sharma of TB forum.

Tell the couple concerned not to worry too much.
Sometimes couples who take a longer time to conceive are more fortunate as their minds are more focused.

Even the act of coitus for them is purely for beggeting a child and children born are not through lust or failure of contraception.

I have seen many divine interventions all these years as a doctor.
Hope is not too far way.

renuka

Last edited:
renu,

can you please share some of these divine interventions with us?

it might me a pickerupper for psiva. also could be a term of reference for the rest of us, for future use.

thanks.

dearest kunjuppu,

You know i actually dare not post it here.
I am scared that no one will believe me and i might be asked for scientific evidence.
I dont have too much strength to handle too many questions where i might not have an evidence based answer.
when i get the mental strenght i will post it here.

renu

dearest kunjuppu,

You know i actually dare not post it here.
I am scared that no one will believe me and i might be asked for scientific evidence.
I dont have too much strength to handle too many questions where i might not have an evidence based answer.
when i get the mental strenght i will post it here.

renu

renu,

i understand that.

why not private message me? just curious. that's all.

thanks..

My wife was conceived to her parents after 13 years of their marriage. They just waited; visited various temples (they would have done anyways!). Unless it takes over 5 to 6 years after the marriage, I wouldn't really worry. If medically everything is okay, then, Thalayanai Mantram is good for conceiving child, in my opinion.

Cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back