• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Is this true..?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The link provided here gives the screen shot of twitter handle of one Dr. Jagdish Hiremut.

https://twitter.com/Kaalateetham/status/869524359714664449/photo/1

It is claimed that Tamil kids and non-moslem kids are asked to eat their lunch in Toilets
during Ramzan fasting in Malaysia.

I would like to know if this is true and can Dr. Renuka give some inputs on this?

Well it is true..its old news..few years back and the school gave an explanation that the canteen was under repair but parents said otherwise.

The issue was brought up to Ministry of Education and it was resolved and a temporary place for eating was provided till the canteen was repaired.

But during Ramadhan some schools have an unwritten rule that no one should eat or drink in front of a fasting student.

But during Ramadhan some schools have an unwritten rule that no one should eat or drink in front of a fasting student.

Here is an article on the 'unwritten rule'.......

Here Are What Malaysians Think About Eating In Front Of Fasting Muslims During Ramadan

Published on Friday, 24 June 2016 08:08

assdasdasd.jpg

On the first week of Ramadan, Kelantan mufti Datuk Mohamad Shukri Mohamad apart from urging non-Muslims to dress conservatively throughout the fasting month of Ramadan, he further advised them to refrain from “eating and drinking in front of Muslims during the fasting month.”

The Kelantan mufti’s statement is not something new. Last year Perak mufti Tan Seri Harussani Zakaria told an English news portal that non-Muslims should “respect” Muslims with dressing appropriately mirrorring the remarks made by a Muslim teacher at a Kedah school who had told non-Muslims students not to drink in front of Muslim students during Ramadan.

I am a Malay Muslim myself and I feel embarrassed when my fellow Malay brothers and sisters demand “respect” from Malaysians of other ethnicity especially during this holy month of Ramadan.

From what is reported in the news, it almost seem like the Malay race is a group of people who like to make demands from their non-Malay fellow countrymen.

Why would our non-Muslims friends have to adjust their life because we have to fast during this month? Asking them to eat in seclusion is like denying their rights to eat in public.

During this month too, we come across non-Muslims asking this very question “is it ok for me to eat in front of you?” or would you mind if eat?”

Malaysian Digest
decided to approach regular Malaysians to ask what they think about demanding “respect” by not eating and drinking in front Muslims who are fasting.

“Perhaps Some Of Us Have Forgotten That Respect Is Earned Not Demanded”

Read more at:
http://malaysiandigest.com/frontpag...-front-of-fasting-muslims-during-ramadan.html

Last edited by a moderator:
During Ramadhan we non muslims avoid eating and drinking in front of muslims just as a form of respect...no one forces us to do so.

This we do voluntarily cos all 3 races here live in harmony.

During Ramadhan there are evening Bazaars selling food and cakes..I myself go buy veg dishes and so do a lot of other non muslims too.

Last edited:
BTW even when any Hindu is keeping a fast other Hindus who are not fasting do not eat and drink in front of them.

Those who take Kavadi for Thaipusam undergo strict fasting rituals and other Hindus respect them by not eating non veg infront of them.

Btw even other races too have respect for other religions.

This should not be so surprising. It is the price you pay for living in a Muslim country.

India is supposed to be secular, but we also have the gau rakshak problem now.

This should not be so surprising. It is the price you pay for living in a Muslim country.

India is supposed to be secular, but we also have the gau rakshak problem now.

Dear Biswa ji,

Its not really a price you pay...its about living with other races and religions.

Just like how in USA even Hindus celebrate Halloween/Christmas when its not Hindu culture..so what is so wrong respecting a person observing Ramadhan?

There is no price to pay anywhere..its just about living in peace with anyone.

Dear Biswa ji,

Its not really a price you pay...its about living with other races and religions.

Just like how in USA even Hindus celebrate Halloween/Christmas when its not Hindu culture..so what is so wrong respecting a person observing Ramadhan?

There is no price to pay anywhere..its just about living in peace with anyone.

Renukaji,
There is a slight difference.
One is out of choice the other one is forced on you.

hi

in any muslim country...certain things forced to others.....but here in USA...NOBODY FORCE US TO DO HALLOWEEN/CHRISTMAS...

western countries adopted many free thinking...especially in religious freedom...

Common TBS Sir! If your child does NOT celebrate Halloween, how does he / she get a new dress

and a pot full of chocolates? :D

Common TBS Sir! If your child does NOT celebrate Halloween, how does he / she get a new dress

hi madam,

my child never celebrated halooween....not in home atleast....may be in school....

hi madam,

my child never celebrated halooween....not in home atleast....may be in school....in home...still we follow tamil brahmin south

indian culture so far....including avani avittam every year for my son...so far ok....i dont know further...

My grand kids celebrate Halloween and buy new dress and collect chocolates! :)

And, the family celebrates ALL South Indian festivals including AvaNI avittam, in the best manner possible.

My d i l can make delicious food - both South Indian and North Indian. So, vadai and pAyasam are prepared

for all festivals and specials like mOdakam, murukku, seedai are + on special days! :thumb:

hi

in any muslim country...certain things forced to others.....but here in USA...NOBODY FORCE US TO DO HALLOWEEN/CHRISTMAS...

western countries adopted many free thinking...especially in religious freedom...

Its different here..we get holidays for Thaipusam..Buddha Jayanti ..Deepavali.

On a day to day basis I am not forced to do anything I do not like.

Only 1 state in Msia which is ruled by an Islamic state government tends to enforce rules and regulations but mostly for muslims.

Non muslims are not governed by Shariah Law here.

My grand kids celebrate Halloween and buy new dress and collect chocolates! :)

And, the family celebrates ALL South Indian festivals including AvaNI avittam, in the best manner possible.

My d i l can make delicious food - both South Indian and North Indian. So, vadai and pAyasam are prepared

for all festivals and specials like mOdakam, murukku, seedai are + on special days! :thumb:
hi

in our home ....we teach our culture our kids....even my daughter did bharatanatyam too....i never outside culture to inside home.

so far.....as much as possible...my son wear poonal always...he is in high school and tell abt the poonal in school friends...in

home....we follow tanjore culture.....

Last edited:
Celebrating Halloween does NOT mean that the kids don't know our culture! :nono:

Why are the kids attending 'Bala Vihar' and carnatic music classes?

They surely know our culture and learn many songs and shlOkams. :thumb:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back