• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Thiruvaradhana 'Kalasam' or water pot related question

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Jeeyardaasa

After samskaram, A vaishnava does tiruvaradam to the perumaL in the house. I have greatest book on the procedure based on Jeeyar Padi. But this is where I get the confusion, the book suggests 2 different types of water pots or Kalasams.
1. Ramanuja teertha kalasam
2. Kaveri Kalasam for perumAL

After putting Tulasi in the copper/bronze pot and pouring the water into 5 or pancha patras, still I am left with some water in the pot, should I use it for next day or can I or the water should be emptied somewhere and filled with fresh water next day. I am confused because the pot has been revered with Mantras (abhimantranam) and I want to be sure, if I need to use fresh water, where should I empty existing? So here are my questions

1. Can I use it next day? This my feeling is no, because Tulasi which was put in it previous day, that water how it can be used again next day but need to be sure
2. If not, where should I empty the water or what is the best place to empty the water which has been revered with mantras and Tulasi the previous day ? (Sure i can keep some in water bottles but if I use 2 pots, one for acharya tiruvaradana and other for perumal, storage is difficult)

adiyen Ramanuja daasa

After samskaram, A vaishnava does tiruvaradam to the perumaL in the house. I have greatest book on the procedure based on Jeeyar Padi. But this is where I get the confusion, the book suggests 2 different types of water pots or Kalasams.
1. Ramanuja teertha kalasam
2. Kaveri Kalasam for perumAL

After putting Tulasi in the copper/bronze pot and pouring the water into 5 or pancha patras, still I am left with some water in the pot, should I use it for next day or can I or the water should be emptied somewhere and filled with fresh water next day. I am confused because the pot has been revered with Mantras (abhimantranam) and I want to be sure, if I need to use fresh water, where should I empty existing? So here are my questions

1. Can I use it next day? This my feeling is no, because Tulasi which was put in it previous day, that water how it can be used again next day but need to be sure
2. If not, where should I empty the water or what is the best place to empty the water which has been revered with mantras and Tulasi the previous day ? (Sure i can keep some in water bottles but if I use 2 pots, one for acharya tiruvaradana and other for perumal, storage is difficult)

adiyen Ramanuja daasa

The water left over can be used to water the tulsi plant or anyother plant growing in your house.

You may not use it the next day for Aradhana.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back