• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

How Nicki Minaj helped provide clean water to a village in India

Status
Not open for further replies.

prasad1

Nicki Minaj is earning quite the reputation, and this time it is not for her derriere or her music. The rapper recently revealed that she has been donating money towards the improvement of a small village in India.

The 34-year-old celebrated the latest developments in an Instagram post on 21 May. "This is the kind of thing that makes me feel the most proud," she wrote alongside a video of the villagers showing off their newest manual water pump. "The money I've sent to this village in India for the last couple years [via my Pastor Lydia Sloley], has gotten them a Computer Center, a Tailoring Institute, a Reading Program and 2 WATER WELLS."

"We complain about the most ridiculous little things when some ppl don't even have clean water. Blessings to India. Our work is far from done. I'll tell you guys more about my charity work in the near future in case you'd like to be a part of it. Love."

Minaj also posted a photo of a group of women at what looks to be the village's new tailoring centre with its two sewing machines.

"I'm so proud of our sisters in India. God is so good. Their desire was to have water wells and places where they can worship, places where they can learn technology, computers, reading, etc. We're just getting started. These women are us and we are them," the Bang Bang artist wrote.

This is not the singer's lone charitable action. Earlier this month, Minaj shared her fortune with other people in need when she helped financially stressed students pay off their education loans. She also purchased books for those planning to start their new semesters soon.

"Show me straight A's that I can verify w/ur school and I'll pay it. Who wants to join THAT contest?!?! Dead serious," she wrote on Twitter following which she spent approximately $20,000 (£15,408) paying of people's tuition. Following the powerful response to her offer, the High School singer now plans to repeat the donations in a couple of months.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/nicki-minaj-helped-clean-water-091313898.html

I guess if I posted some of her photos, more young people will join this forum, LOL.;):eyebrows:

Wow.

Didnt know this side of her.

I like her..she is quite a sexy chick and talks very openly and direct to the point.

... "The money I've sent to this village in India for the last couple years [via my Pastor Lydia Sloley],
"I'm so proud of our sisters in India. God is so good. Their desire was to have water wells and places where they can worship, places where they can learn technology, computers, reading, etc. We're just getting started. These women are us and we are them," the Bang Bang artist wrote.

Good work indeed.

But good work does not need a God or a Pastor.

Good work indeed.

But good work does not need a God or a Pastor.

I agree with you.
But if one of the "faithful" is willing to help a poor without strings attached, I am all for it.
Goodness has no religion, and honest money from any source is welcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back