• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

R I P Mr Bond!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GANESH65

Sir Roger Moore, James Bond actor, dies aged 89

Sir Roger Moore has died at the age of 89 following "a short but brave battle with cancer"
Actor Sir Roger Moore, best known for playing James Bond, has died aged 89, his family has announced.
He played the famous spy in seven Bond films including Live and Let Die and A View to a Kill.
Sir Roger's family confirmed the news on Twitter, saying he had died after "a short but brave battle with cancer".
The statement, from his children, read: "Thank you Pops for being you, and being so very special to so many people."
"With the heaviest of hearts, we must share the awful news that our father, Sir Roger Moore, passed away today. We are all devastated," they said in a Twitter post.
Obituary: Sir Roger Moore
Roger Moore's classic quotes
A life in pictures
Sir Roger Moore: One Lucky Fellow
'My dad hired Roger Moore to play Bond'
'Roger Moore: Daniel Craig is best Bond'
Sir Roger on Desert Island Discs
The actor took the character of James Bond in a more humorous direction than his predecessor Sean Connery.

Sir Roger is survived by his three children and wife Kristina Tholstrup
Sir Roger's Bond was calm and suave - a smooth operator who could seemingly get himself out of a tricky situation with ease.
The veteran star, who died in Switzerland, will have a private funeral in Monaco in accordance with his wishes, his children said.
"The love with which he was surrounded in his final days was so great it cannot be quantified in words alone," read the statement from Deborah, Geoffrey and Christian.
"Our thoughts must now turn to supporting Kristina [Tholstrup, his wife] at this difficult time."
The statement added: "We know our own love and admiration will be magnified many times over, across the world, by people who knew him for his films, his television shows and his passionate work for UNICEF which he considered to be his greatest achievement.

Media captionWatch some of Sir Roger Moore's most famous moments as 007
Along with his famous Bond role, Moore was also known for TV series The Persuaders and The Saint.
Sir Roger was also well known for his humanitarian work - he was introduced to Unicef by the late Audrey Hepburn and was appointed as a goodwill ambassador in 1991.
Tributes paid
Russell Crowe led the tributes to the actor on Twitter, writing simply: "Roger Moore, loved him."
Michael Caine said: "I am truly sad and think I will be in tears if I talk about him.
"Roger was the perfect gentlemen, adored by all his friends."
Michael Ball said: "My dearest uncle Roger has passed on. What a sad, sad day this is.
"Loved the bones of him. Generous, funny, beautiful and kind."
Mia Farrow wrote: "Few are as kind & giving as was Roger Moore. Loving thoughts with his family & friends," while Boy George added: "RIP Sir Roger Moore. He was the king of cool."
Sir Roger's Bond credits include Moonraker, Octopussy and Live and Let Die
Duran Duran, who sang the Bond theme song for A View To A Kill, simply tweeted: RIP Roger.
In a statement, fellow Unicef ambassador and actor Ewan McGregor said: "Thank you, Roger, for having championed so tirelessly the rights of all children for the last 26 years.
"You've shown that we all have the power to make a change to the lives of the most vulnerable children."
Frank Gardner, the BBC's security correspondent, recalled how he and Sir Roger had become good friends in recent years.
"He even watched me ski past his chalet in Crans-Montana [Switzerland] while sipping a drink on his balcony," he said.

"He had a wonderful sense of humour and I will miss his jokes by email. We had lunch together only a few months ago and even after all these years he seemed surprised that his career had been as successful as it evidently was. We will miss him."

http://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-40018422

Very sad to know Roger Moore is no more. He was the man who made the Bond character more realistic and live. Of all the persons played Bond his performances were outstanding and unique. Even to day, if some one says Bond, the face immediately comes to my mind is that of Him. May his soul rest in peace..

Here is an article from the Booming section of New York Times. https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/23/...-best-bond-because-he-was-the-gen-x-bond.html
Last two paragraphs

Mr. Connery brought a rough sexual swagger to Ian Fleming’s fantasy of British masculine competence. Later, Daniel Craig would bring pouty, wounded prettiness. His 21st-century 007 is at pains to seem sensitive, ambivalent, woke. But Mr. Moore’s blithe efficiency has always struck me as a truer expression of the Bond ideal. He was, by his own admission, an actor of modest gifts, which made him perfect for the role, at least as far as I’m concerned.
My James Bond is not macho compensation for lost imperial power, like Mr. Connery, or an anxious avatar of globalization, like Mr. Craig. He is a cartoon superhero in evening wear, a man whose mission is to embody — and, therefore, to transcend — a secondhand, second-rate age, to be cool and clever in a world determined to be as lame and dumb as possible.
Nobody did that better than Roger Moore.

I liked Roger Moore but my favorite is Pierce Brosnan.

Pierce Brosnan has a very understated way of acting.

Daniel Craig reminds me of Russian Presidrlent Putin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back