• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Future Decoded - Chandrababu Naidu

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the talk Chandrababu Naidu talks about how he ended up getting Bill Gates to meet with him back in 1995. I know that story to be true because one of my very close friends (IAS and had risen rapidly) was working for CM Chandrababu Naidu. He told me about the story of how Bill Gates agreed for a 10 minute meeting that ended up becoming 40 minutes. Microsoft decided to invest in Hyderabad that has transformed the entire state. Most programmers in USA have Andhra origin.

It is phenomenal to note that this CM has taken the technology in the right way to spearhead growth in India. I am very pleased that he has a vision to use Internet of Things (IoT) to advance the country and the state. This is truly visionary.

It is fitting that Satya Nadella from AP (probably from Hederabad) is now the CEO of Microsoft .

Here is Nadella's address

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sMNOZnpEggU

I hope people find time to watch both Youtube segments fully. While a lot of work is needed to go from vision to implementation, there has been tremendous progress.

India has a young work force, and is working towards the the ability to identify one billion people with unique identity presents enormous opportunity never before seen in the world stage.

There are lots of negative news discussion which seem to be a past time of a few. I hope the rest of you will spend the time watch both Youtube segment in their entirety.

Yes, Chandrababu Naidu was a visionary, who embraces technology to improve the state.
But personally enriched his family.

The value of assets of Nara Lokesh, Telugu Desam Party general secretary and son of Andhra Pradesh chief minister N Chandrababu Naidu, has gone up by a mind-boggling 23 times in a span of five months.Lokesh, who filed his nomination papers for an MLC seat on Monday, submitted an affidavit to election authorities, indicating that the total value of his assets is around Rs 330 crore, including Rs 273.84 crore in the form of shares in Heritage Foods, fixed assets worth Rs 18 crore and ancestral property worth Rs 38.52 crore. Besides, he had loans of Rs 6.27 crore.
The details of assets furnished by Lokesh to the Election Commission are in sharp contrast to the assets declared by him in public on October 19, 2016. As part of “transparent” declaration of his family assets every year, he said the total value of properties owned by him was only Rs 14.50 crore, including Rs 2.52 crore in the form of shares in Heritage, Rs 1.64 crore worth shares in other companies and a car worth Rs 93 lakh. He also declared that he had taken loans of Rs 6.35 crore.
In fact, the Heritage Foods sold its retail business wing to Kishore Biyani-led Future Retail Ltd on November 8 last and retained only 3.65% stake worth Rs 295 crore in it. Yet, the value of shares held by Lokesh in the Heritage Foods has gone up from Rs 2.52 crore to Rs 273.84 crore.
http://www.hindustantimes.com/india...five-months/story-Oj14vqvcO6URbeCvpPMqcJ.html

His biggest failure was applying mckensie's vision 2020,and made AP a lab rat.got some IT companies to Hyderabad but left the whole state to dogs(and aquired huge chunks of land at peanut price before even the IT corridor zone was announced) and claims credit of architect of modern Hyderabad.

The same thing is again happening in the proposed new capital city.
Nearly 35000 acres of land (mostly fertile and three crop a year lands)were acquired against the suggestions of Sivaramakrishna comittee.and the same old story continues 'I will make AP singapore in 10 years.
He and his team are so experts in corruption that they can easily earn the amount equivalent to one year of total state budget in their 5 year tenure and can still get away without a scratch with the help of their powerful contacts and media.

https://www.quora.com/Is-Andhra-CM-Chandrababu-Naidu-corrupt

Andhra Pradesh tops the country in corruption as well as development, Chief Minister N Chandrababu Naidu said in the Legislative Assembly here on Monday.
Responding to a report of NCAER quoted by Leader of Opposition Y S Jaganmohan Reddy, the Chief Minister said: “In the entire country, AP ranks number one in corruption, and also in development.”
The Chief Minister’s revelation came during his reply on the motion of thanks on Governor’s address, after Jaganmohan Reddy lashed out in his speech over “factually incorrect” claims made by Naidu on welfare expenditure and other issues.
He also quoted a report of the National Council for Applied Economic Research (NCAER) which places AP at the top in corruption. “We would have been happy if the Chief Minister had spoken the truth,” the YSR Congress leader said.

https://telanganatoday.com/andhra-pradesh-ranks-first-in-both-corruption-and-development-cm-naidu

In 1978, when Chandrababu Naidu became MLA for the first time, he was owning just two-acre land in Naravaripalle village in his native Chittoor district. He did not own even a car and, in fact, his first car, an Ambassdor was gifted by his father-in-law late chief minister NT Rama Rao.

From here, till
2004 before he was ousted by the Congress in the hustings, Chandrababu earned thousands of crores through dubious means.

In 1988, Chandrababu’s annual income was Rs 36,000 and in a decade it went up to Rs 19.29crore. Chandrababu, in a document submitted to Company Law Authorities claimed that he had no businesses. Then, how did he earn crores of rupees is a big question. In the affidavit submitted to Election Commission in 2009, Chandrababu declared that his wife and he together have assets worth Rs 51 crore.

https://www.scribd.com/document/234721236/Chandrababu-Naidu-in-ITCorruption

May be corruption in politics is no big deal.

Last edited:
Corruption is cancer and if there are allegations of corruption of anyone including CM Chandrababu Naidu, they should be held to account much like CM Jayalalitha was put in Jail.

But that need not change visionary accomplishments of a leader. I have heard about his corrupt practices. But transforming a state is not easy and Chandrababu Naidu had his seminal contributions to make things happen.

In some people, we find visionary competence and character issues both at the same time.

Corruption is widespread in India and exceptions are rare in politics. Regardless, I think it is a great news that technology is being put to appropriate use to address challenges uniquely faced by India.

Satya Nadella had 3 demos to show how technology applications are transforming the country. Chandrababu Naidu has shown very good understanding of the technology in his talk. I am sure he has his share of enemies.

I normally do not trust Indian media because if one looks at who owns these media outlets there is seemingly a vast conspiracy. Having said that, I hope the very same technology can be used to curb the cancer of corruption and hold media & politicians to account for their atrocities

Last edited:
. But transforming a state is not easy and Chandrababu Naidu had his seminal contributions to make things happen.

In some people, we find visionary competence and character issues both at the same time.

I agree Sir

We have been seeing Chief Ministers who commit tall promises, some of them never bothered about implementing...

But Naidu Garu is really different....

40 ACHIEVEMENTS OF MR. CHANDRABABU NAIDU IN 2 YEARS AS CHIEF MINISTER OF ANDHRA PRADESH

Ever since Nara Chandrababu Naidu took the mantle of the Chief Minister of Andhra Pradesh on June 8 2014, he has made several innovations in the state; developing the state extensively. These efforts are more commendable, owing to the fact that the state was newly bifurcated and had the least possible resources. So as he completes two years as the chief minister of the state, let’s take a look at some achievements in these two years…

1. Chandrababu Naidu put Andhra Pradesh on a lightening fast pace towards becoming the IT Hub of the country by introducing the first IT policy.

Read more at: http://www.southreport.com/40-achievements-of-chandrababu-naidu-in-two-years-as-cm/

I agree Sir

We have been seeing Chief Ministers who commit tall promises, some of them never bothered about implementing...

But Naidu Garu is really different....

40 ACHIEVEMENTS OF MR. CHANDRABABU NAIDU IN 2 YEARS AS CHIEF MINISTER OF ANDHRA PRADESH

Ever since Nara Chandrababu Naidu took the mantle of the Chief Minister of Andhra Pradesh on June 8 2014, he has made several innovations in the state; developing the state extensively. These efforts are more commendable, owing to the fact that the state was newly bifurcated and had the least possible resources. So as he completes two years as the chief minister of the state, let’s take a look at some achievements in these two years…

1. Chandrababu Naidu put Andhra Pradesh on a lightening fast pace towards becoming the IT Hub of the country by introducing the first IT policy.

Read more at: http://www.southreport.com/40-achievements-of-chandrababu-naidu-in-two-years-as-cm/

Thanks for sharing the links :) I really did not want to make this thread about corruption because that is a widespread problem and India has to tackle that under PM's leadership.

Using technology in the right manner it is possible for India to leap frog over many countries to become a super power.

I think some people may not have the attention span to sit through 26 minutes of a video or Nadella's 50 minute video. If one were to watch these, they can get the vision of CM directly without the intervening opinions of the media outlets. The few demos shown in those videos are impressive. The talk by Chandrababu Naidu demonstrates that he understands the power of the right technologies and that it can help streamline government functions.

hi

i have some personal experiences with him...CM chandra babu naidu was my senior in our university,,,,,,highly educated as well

as motivated...

hi

i have some personal experiences with him...CM chandra babu naidu was my senior in our university,,,,,,highly educated as well

as motivated...

Wow Sri tbs, .. you have had direct experience in so many areas and with so many people - studying at Veda patashala, Sanskrit teaching at Bharathiya Vidya Bhavan, working in India, service in Indian army, US Citizen and working in USA ..and you

This is a slight digression but related to Future of India in an indirect manner.

I do not know if the comments of people who write here is representative of the optimism or pessimism of Indian people in general (including those living in other countries). I would like to think it is not, because here again we have more people gravitating only to comment on negative stories than positive stories

Out of thousands and thousands of members worldwide in this forum we have about 20 people or so who may comment on such topic areas.

Bad news and sensational news sells and media outlets have seized that weakness of human beings. In India, the major media outlets are owned by people who have a different agenda altogether that in my view is detrimental to India. Over time I hope India does something about these nefarious forces that are out to portray India in bad light to Indians in India and world over. I once saw a presentation about who owns what media conglomerate and my views are based on that only. I do not have independent confirmation of the 'facts' presented in that presentation. I wish I could retrieve that presentation and share it here.

When India's PM experimented with demonetization, there was cry from many quarters as to how India is 'going to hell in a hand basket' !
Similarly when there is a news item about a heinous act of any kind by some criminals or some elements of a society that gets amplified and discussed here as well with reckless abandon.

However here is a news event, where people in positions of influence are talking about how technology is transforming India and transport its citizens to productivity levels of 21st century, there is a deafening silence.

Satya Nadella as CEO of Microsoft has outlined three initiatives (with actual demos) that can directly improve lives and children living in rural and impoverished areas (and one project to improve the issues of white collar workers) . The program to deal with TB is outstanding due its simplicity. CM Chandrababu Naidu has outlined his vision and actions as to how his state is already in a transformational road map with use of appropriate technology. His handling of natural disaster communications with right technology is commendable.

I would like to know if the claims made CEO Satya and CM are realistic. Perhaps readers who contribute here may not have heard of these because media outlets rarely report on such things.

India is at the cusp of breakthrough to kill hunger and poverty in my view and the next couple of decades will be significant.

In addition to a very young population, India has started to implement key projects such as unique identity to all its citizens.
We happen to have two CEO of Indian (South Indian) origin, namely Google and Microsoft who are committed to progress of India for two reasons.

One is to advance their company interests in a democracy that might become economic superpower in the next couple of decades. Second they are products of India and have strong Indian roots.

Nadella's mother was a Sanskrit teacher and he claims how much influence his parents have had in his life. Sunder Pitchai was born in Madurai and grew up in Chennai in a middle class family. He continues to maintain his vegetarian lifestyle and seem to echo values taught by his parents as well.

Both these giants of Silicon valley are anxious to be part of the road map of India's success.

We have a pessimistic and agenda driven media in India supported by pessimists in the 'educated' population that tends to be vocal. Despite such people I hope India makes rapid progress leveraging technology as a means to scale and change lives of rural and poor Indians.

If people have the time to view the two videos mentioned in this thread (links were provided) and have some views about the 6 or so specific projects mentioned therein, I would like to hear the relative success stories of those initiatives.

To read the full article leisurely....

MICROSOFT’S SATYA NADELLA, ANDHRA PRADESH CM CHANDRABABU NAIDU SHARE A VISION FOR DIGITAL INDIA

At Microsoft’s Future Decoded conference that took place in Mumbai, its CEO Satya Nadella took to the stage
on Wednesday to share his vision of a digitally transformed India. Among other things, Microsoft unveiled Skype Lite – a new product that’s been made for India, which consumes much less data than the original Skype app. Along with Skype Lite, Microsoft also showcased something that it has been talking about for quite some time now – Skype with Aadhaar. With the new feature, a Skype caller can verify your identity using the Aadhaar card, although this is based on OTP verification sent to your Aadhaar-linked phone number, not to biometrics. This could still be used for verification of identity during live interviews, or remote verification of eKYC, amongst other things.

Speaking at the conference, Nadella also unveiled some new features around LinkedIn, which Microsoft acquired in 2016. He talked about LinkedIn Lite, which was announced last year, and then talked about Project Sangam, which would help people find blue collar jobs, and help teach people the basic skill required for these jobs.

“It uses a deep integration with LinkedIn to provide every Indian with jobs. Hospitality is a great example of a sector that can benefit from this,” said Nadella. You can sign in to Project Sangam with your Aadhaar details, and it provides training for jobs in F&B, BPOs, Retail, and other similar areas, with courses, and then connecting people with jobs. Nadella said that this is currently in a private preview.

Nadella also talked about Kaizala, a mobile app that Microsoft had launched last year as a productivity app for teams. “What we had seen was that email was often the primary means of collaboration and coordination even in government organisations,” said Nadella, “and people are using consumer Internet services to get government or business work done. But the problem is that you don’t control the data in that scenario. With Kaizala, you’re able to bring all the departments together.”

Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister Chandrababu Naidu was also at hand to elaborate on this, and talked about how Andhra Pradesh is a “cloud-first state”. Kaizala, which is a productivity tool that includes chat, tasks, groups, and a variety of actions, has been implemented by the Andhra Pradesh government across various departments. “It is a mobile app that’s messaging oriented, and apart from AP, the Niti Ayog is now using it, and many more are piloting it now,” said Nadella.

Chief Minister Naidu said that over 62,000 police officers in Andhra Pradesh were connected via Kaizala, which was being used to generate real-time on the ground data, and he added that it worked well on basic Android handsets, even on 2G connections. “Ideas like this enable real-time governance,” said CM Naidu, adding that his goal is to make the state one of the top three in India by development by 2022, and the number one by 2029.

“We want to create 14.4 million jobs – LinkedIn has shown the way and we will sign up right away,” he quipped, referring to Project Sangam. “With the Aadhaar, the finger is enough to transact anything, from health to banking,” Naidu added.

Read more at: http://newscorral.in/article/tech/m...chandrababu-naidu-share-vision-digital-india/

Wow Sri tbs, .. you have had direct experience in so many areas and with so many people - studying at Veda patashala, Sanskrit teaching at Bharathiya Vidya Bhavan, working in India, service in Indian army, US Citizen and working in USA ..and you
hi sir ,

when i was studying Masters DEGREE IN SANSKRIT FROM S V UNIVERSITY TIRUPATI.....CM CHANDRA BABU WAS MASTERS

SENIOR TO ME IN THE SAME UNIVERSITY...I HEARD THAT HE WAS STUDENT LEADER IN THE UNIVERSITY.....just info

i did FOUR MASTERS AND PH.D FROM FOUR DIFFERENT UNIVERSITY IN INDIA...MASTERS IN SANSKRIT FROM S V UNIVERSITY,

TIRUPATI.....MASTER OF LIBRARY AND INFORMATION SCIENCE /MASTER OF EDUCATION FROM ANNAMALAI UNIVERSITY...

MASTER OF PHILOSOPHY AND PH.D FROM DELHI UNIVERSITY...besides veda patashala/army service ...NOW PROUD TO BE

US CITIZEN..LAST WEEK MY DAUGHTER GRADUATED MD FROM USA....NOW SHE HAS USMD FROM PRESTIOUS US UNIVERSITY..

SHE IS GOING TO DO RESIDENCY FROM PRESTIGIOUS HOSPITAL IN USA...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back