• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Passport seva kendras

Status
Not open for further replies.
Most of you would have read about the Passport Seva Project.

http://www.passportindia.gov.in/index.html

I had to renew the passports of myself and my wife. I applied on line. I fixed an appointment today at the Passport Seva Kendra in Coimbatore.

I had a fantastic experience. I have never experiences such service. This is the new India. After experiences in the old passport offices, RTO offices etc. I was sceptical about the service.

I was asked to report 15 minutes earlier. I did that and asked to stand in a small q. The person concerned made me understand the documents required and verified them. There is a Xerox machine in the office which copies documents at Re. 1 per copy. The operator was very good. Then I had to go through four different persons who verified different aspects of the passport application. All told it took me about 45 minutes. And I had changed my name also.

It was a wonderful experience.

I only wish al the Government Departments would follow the example of the Passport Seva Kendra. They reminded me about the appointment over SMS.

India will be a different country, if the staff in ALL the offices help us like this!

Thank you Sir, for sharing your nice experience in our forum. :)

Most of you would have read about the Passport Seva Project.

http://www.passportindia.gov.in/index.html

I had to renew the passports of myself and my wife. I applied on line. I fixed an appointment today at the Passport Seva Kendra in Coimbatore.

I had a fantastic experience. I have never experiences such service. This is the new India. After experiences in the old passport offices, RTO offices etc. I was sceptical about the service.

I was asked to report 15 minutes earlier. I did that and asked to stand in a small q. The person concerned made me understand the documents required and verified them. There is a Xerox machine in the office which copies documents at Re. 1 per copy. The operator was very good. Then I had to go through four different persons who verified different aspects of the passport application. All told it took me about 45 minutes. And I had changed my name also.

It was a wonderful experience.

I only wish al the Government Departments would follow the example of the Passport Seva Kendra. They reminded me about the appointment over SMS.
hi nachi sir,

thanks...nice to see u...hows ur health....

My son a NRI got a different experience.

He applied for a fresh passport while in US as he had run out of pages.

He had booked his return ticket and the passport got stuck.

In desperation he emailed the local with a copy to the minister Ms Swaraj.

Within 24 hours, consul in chicago contacted him to hand over a new passport duly signed by him.

He could not believe it would get done so quick on approaching the minister

hi

now some e sevas a improvement....like i paid property tax through e seva kendras in chennai without any problem....even some

banks have automatic passbook entries separate booth...still we have to go through a long way in public service...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back