• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Bahubali 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

renuka

There are a few strange situations in Bahubali 2.

Firstly Devasena(Anushka).

I was surprised that her elder brother the King of the smaller kingdom never put a check on Devasena's haughtiness.

No doubt she is a capable woman herself BUT being too blunt to a bigger more powerful kingdom is asking for trouble..there would surely be attacks if one acts too smart.

Her role reminded me of Draupadi but Draupadi was from a very big and powerful Kingdom so she dared to act smart and arrogant.

No doubt when the proposal for Devasena came ..it was done in a not too great manner that is sort of putting down her brothers kingdom by displaying jewels ..gold etc saying that they would have not seen that much before...so Devasena got angry and sent back an equally stinging message.

That was not right I feel cos diplomacy could have saved her kingdom from being attacked.

She could have sent a message saying that "My kingdom might be smaller than yours but I desire a Prince who will steal my heart with his own might and not money cos money can never buy my love ..and might/valor will remain even if Kingdom is lost"

One more scene is when she walks on Bahubali shoulders to get into the ship.

Her elder bro watching that actually felt proud!LOL

I was thinking OMG! She is going to marry him and she is still behaving all arrogant.

She could have flirted with him and said "Carry me across"

That would have more romantic.

Then Anushka has dark big eyes when young but when old her eyes become grey!

One more question..it sure seems to me Bhalladeva had the hots for Devasena right up till the end

He wanted her captive cos he desired her but knew she does not fancy him.

He goes crazy when he sees her missing!

That felt a bit like Ramayan..where Ravan hold Sita captive but she does not respond.

Anyway overall a very good movie.

Last edited:
It is just a mindless fantasy. Looks like you may be trying to read too much into it.

Mindless or mindful..both function using the same neuronal pathway.

Thinking or unthinking too functions using the same pathway.

Neuronal impulses are inevitable as long the brain is alive.

Upon death..it might function too..otherwise how does one enjoy with Apsaras in aerial cars?

Dear Renu,

I saw this movie in Bangalore - 10 p.m show, with Ram's cousin's wife. :)

Grandeur all along the movie is fascinating. Very impressive graphics - something new to a Tamil movie!

Devasena is shown as an extremely beautiful and courageous lady and the ego in her IS believable! :)

Crossing over the shoulders of her fiance, to enter a boat is hence accepted. Proves the love Bahubali has for her! :hug:

I too felt the similarity the king had to Ravan. Even in the first movie, when Kattappa requests to 'free' Devasena, he

gives a sword and asks Kattappa to kill her and give 'viduthalai'! He wants to torture her for refusing to marry him. :whip:

I felt that a few improvements are possible:

1. Tamil diction could have been better. 'Puli thOl' became 'PuLi thOL', for (e.g). Even Ramya Krishnan had a few flaws!

2. Elephants appeared to be out of proportion! May be, in those days, elephants were like that! ;)

3. Too much of blood shed in the climax fight. But they want to show the valour of both the hero and the villain! :lol:

BTW, I liked the ideas of using the tall trees to fetch huge tubs of water and also to send the soldiers into the palace

with shields protecting them, appearing as missiles! :thumb:

Dear RRji,

But her ego was misplaced.

Being beautiful and courages need not come with an ego cos that clouds the intellect.

In my opinion she lacked a lot of finer thinking.

She never weighed any situation well..would react out of pride and anger.

Diplomacy was lacking.
To handle a more powerful enemy diplomacy is of utmost importance.

And why tell her plans so openly for enemies to finish off everything.

That way her judgment was a total zero.

Dear Renu,

I have seen a few bold and beautiful ladies behaving like Devasena! They lack finer thinking and are dumb at times! ;)

One of them is running a school in Bangalore and I can't tolerate her for more than half a day! :becky:

Last edited:
Dear Renu,

I have seen a few bold and beautiful ladies behaving like Devasena! They lack finer thinking and are dumb at times! ;)

One of them is running a school in Bangalore and I can't tolerate her for more than half a day! :becky:

Dear RR ji...A Nuclear Scientist of African American origin won MisS USA 2017 few days ago.

2nd place was an Indian origin girl.

The Miss USA gave very bold intelligent answers..
Very beautiful..tall and slim like a supermodel and a nuclear scientist to add.

She had the whole package..brains...model looks and beauty.

whatever said and done..Bahubali movie makes one fantasize..such strong heroes!
I guess somehow the Kshatriya male is the ALPHA!

RRji, I am sorry to say that it is not a Tamil movie. It is only Tamil dubbed.
I know, Biswa Sir! But we 'see' it as a Tamil movie and for Tamil audience the grandeur is fascinating.
award_star.png

We have been seeing many Hollywood movies (Harry Potter series too) dubbed in Tamil but 'those' faces are NOT South Indian! :D

[video=youtube_share;XAW915UjfZg]https://youtu.be/XAW915UjfZg[/video]

This song cant stop playing in my mind.

Heysa Rudra Sa! Heysa Rudra Sa!

I know, Biswa Sir! But we 'see' it as a Tamil movie and for Tamil audience the grandeur is fascinating.
award_star.png

We have been seeing many Hollywood movies (Harry Potter series too) dubbed in Tamil but 'those' faces are NOT South Indian! :D

Dear RR ji,

All over India and even in Pakistan and Nepal people are raving over Bahubali.

You tube response is even from China.

It somehow made everyone feel Indian and no one is seeing whether its Telugu or Tamil or Hindi.

The lip sync was weird in close-up shots - especially in the songs! Having spent crores of money, they could have

taken those shots in every language! BTW, I will watch Bahubali first part in Telugu, in youtube, today. Just want

to brush up my Telugu and also the story! :)

I think all 3 castes, Brahmin, Kshtriya, and Vaisya have the sacred thread.

Yes..but somehow the Kshatriya male is the ALPHA.
Anyway in real life Prabhas belongs to the Raju community which have sacred thread too cos they are supposed to be Kshatriya in origin...so he totally played the role well.

Umm, Ballaladeva was shown wearing the sacred thread. So maybe he was a Brahmin ALPHA!

Well..going by DNA..Duryodhana was great grandchild of Parasarmuni..and son of VedaVyasa..even though the mitochondrial maternal DNA in him was not Brahmin but by paternal DNA Y Chromosome of Duryodhana was Brahmin..and YES..totally ALPHA.

But again not a very good example becos he was quite a mix blood..maternal side had a lot Kshatriya blood.

Are you saying that the castes should not be mixed? Are YOU (?) implying mixed castes are not good?

NOOOOO...

I meant to say Duryodhana is a mixed caste with maternal kshatriya lineage so he is not 100% Brahmin..hence not sure if his Alpha Male nature is solely due to his Brahmin blood or becos of influence of maternal Kshatriya blood.

Even Parashurama was Alpha but there again his mother was Kshatriya.

Ravana's mother too was not Brahmin I think.

So far in Puranas no full breed Brahmin displayed Alpha male nature...maternal DNA seems to have influence on nature of a person.

I was just looking for evidence of full breed Brahmin Alphas case study..may be I can find one in Forum!LOL

Heysa Rudrasa..Hesarabhadra Samudrasa!

Last edited:
Saw the movie. Two things that stuck out was perfection of bahubali till his death and devasena's love for him. I felt the character of bahubali was so strong , they should not have shown him killed . Some more imaginative alternative should have been used. But a good entertaining movie overall.

I think all the alphas you need you can find in this forum!

'
NOOOOO...

I meant to say Duryodhana is a mixed caste with maternal kshatriya lineage so he is not 100% Brahmin..hence not sure if his Alpha Male nature is solely due to his Brahmin blood or becos of influence of maternal Kshatriya blood.

Even Parashurama was Alpha but there again his mother was Kshatriya.

Ravana's mother too was not Brahmin I think.

So far in Puranas no full breed Brahmin displayed Alpha male nature...maternal DNA seems to have influence on nature of a person.

I was just looking for evidence of full breed Brahmin Alphas case study..may be I can find one in Forum!LOL

Heysa Rudrasa..Hesarabhadra Samudrasa!

Saw the movie. Two things that stuck out was perfection of bahubali till his death and devasena's love for him. I felt the character of bahubali was so strong , they should not have shown him killed . Some more imaginative alternative should have been used. But a good entertaining movie overall.
Come on, Sravna Sir! Unless Amarendra Bahubali is killed, how will Mahendra Bahubali take revenge? :)

Hope you saw the first part of the movie to understand how the plot is weaved.
icon3.png

Agreed...Amarendra Bahubali was totally great a personality.

Handsome..intelligent..strong and kind hearted..he didnt do animal sacrifice for war cos he had a soft heart..he loved his foster mother and gave up Kingdom to keep his promise.

He had the perfect blend of Rajas and Sattva!

I wished too that he didnt die and survived the stabbing and comes back after his son wins the kingdom.

Do you know that the role of Ramya Krishnan as Sivagami was initially offered to Sri Devi but she refused it.

Thank God Sri Devi refused it..Sri Devi looks too baby faced.(also too much plastic surgery)

Ramya Krishnan is just right for the role.
Powerful beautiful looks and natural too.

Sri Devi looks better playing Iyer Mami cos of her baby face looks.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back