• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Mother's day

Status
Not open for further replies.

prasad1

happy-mothers-day-cards-4.jpg

Happy Mother's day to all mothers.

I know people in India will say every day is mother's day for them. I do not know how true that is.
Here in USA tomorrow May 14th, 2017 is earmarked as mother's day. It always is the 2nd, Sunday in the month of May.
Husbands and children make a special effort to make it special for their mothers.
Today I happened to go to the grocery store. I have never seen this many kids with their father in any store. They were splurging on flowers, cards, candies and balloons. Of course, they will have special breakfast, lunch, and dinners.
A bunch of roses that normally sells for $15.00 were going for $35.00. The shopkeeps were happy to see brisk business.

Just American culture. LOL

Happy Mother's day to all mothers.

I know people in India will say every day is mother's day for them. I do not know how true that is.

No matter as to what day may have been celebrated by one's nation, sharing sentiments does not need a specific day.

Every day can be Mother’s Day!

We don't need a special day for that.

Thanks to Prasad Sir and TBS Sir! :)

I enjoyed viewing Baahubali 2, with another mom, at Bangalore, on Mother's day! :D

No matter as to what day may have been celebrated by one's nation, sharing sentiments does not need a specific day.

Every day can be Mother’s Day!

We don't need a special day for that.

So I suppose there is no need for Birthday, Independence day, Ram Navami, Deepavali, pongal etc.
Every day can be Deepavali, we don't need a special day.

Last edited by a moderator:
So I suppose there is no need for Birthday, Independence day, Ram Navami, Deepavali, pongal etc.
hi sir

just argument is their part of life...for any thing and everything....they argue.....இல்லாட்டி மண்டை வெடிக்கும்....lol

hi sir

just argument is their part of life...for any thing and everything....they argue.....இல்லாட்டி மண்டை வெடிக்கும்....lol

You are right sir.

hi sir

Good point, Indians are known to enjoy arguing. However, when one takes a point of view and moves from that to personally attack the poster instead of the post, then things begin to be not fun.

hi

they take many AVATARS in this forum...

Does it matters....?

Members seems to be too much worried than the Forum's owner or the Forum's Moderator. :)

For more members, Forum is a social media providing an opportunity to vent one's considered opinion, connect with like-minded people and to deal with persons of different opinion, learn more, explore new thoughts, sharing ideas, etc

Some may define the act of exchange of opinion as 'argument' and there may be some interested in healthy debate, engaging in interaction, etc

For more it may be just a passtime.

For few who are retired, this could be one among the other pass times and for few, this could be a only passtime too.

Above all, it comes free......:)

Your previous avatar as VB, Rudram etc is known to all. I may have to add you to my ignore list.

You may be knowing only my past avatars....

And it is nice that it is known to all

But, even I don't know my future Avatars..!!

Some who give importance to spirituality may celebrate such days.

Some alleged torch bearers of radical thoughts may comment against such practices.

We have people voicing against celebration of Valentine's Day.

And it is the Vinayagar Chathurthi procession that draws more police bandobust arrangement.

It is all mindset that matters.

And you are FREE TO ADD ME IN YOUR IGNORE LIST.

You have been saying this more often... I don't know what prevents you to act on that. :)

Lets all stop "fighting"..cos if anyone gets banned then I wont have enough members to "fight" with!LOL

Lets all stop "fighting"..cos if anyone gets banned then I wont have enough members to "fight" with!LOL

That is a nice spirit. :)

But I love to deal with members who are more attached in 'SPIRIT'uality. lol

Good point, Indians are known to enjoy arguing. However, when one takes a point of view and moves from that to personally attack the poster instead of the post, then things begin to be not fun.

You are right Sir

But not only in India, but among all other countries, we have professionals arguing everyday from dawn to dusk.

It is their profession and unless they do it efficiently, they may not be able to survive in their profession.

And there are courses and lessons conducted on successful argument..and skill of advocacy

It is nice to have an healthy debate in the Forum..

Engaging in heated argument is something like fine tuning...one need to read a lot to substantiate his stand with valid material as proof.

We learn more in the process... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back