• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Of Nighties and Maxis

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I go for my walk every morning I casually observe what men and women wear mostly.

More the latter as could be expected of hot blooded senior.

Most middle class types are out are out in maxis.If it is a bit early say 6 am it might even be a nighty.

The only concession they make to satisfy their Mom/MIL is have a bindi and dupatta with it.

for many who are housewives , that is the dress they are clad for maximum hours per day I would imagine.

It must be really convenient I suppose.

I do not know if they have one for night wear and another for day wear.

Men somehow do not fancy wearing long robes like this.

We can definitely learn from the Arabs where men also sport such robes resembling maxis with head gear..

They realise I presume how convenient it is.

In hot climate as it is in india, it might be worth considering for men also.

The most advertised product in online sites are these nighties and maxis.

It appears to be good economics also.

Govt can consider giving these free to all who want them instead of sarees and dhoties..

Now why cannot be these dresses unisex.?

They seem to have fancy laces , flower motifs, colourful buttons to attract milkmen and vegetable vendors in addition to senile old men on the roads.

These women frequent milk booths, school bus stops,mother dairy vegetable shops.

A few take walks also. The walking types are normally senior women with belts to steady their backs .

Vehicle riding types have a helmet besides kid standing in front with school bag to be dropped at bus stop.They look like some from another planet.

Jai ho to indian house wife who have brought about a revolution in casual dressing.

Will males learn from them instead of looking obscene in half pants exposing their hairy legs ?

I hate nighties! Most ladies who wear it resemble a 'bhootham'! :fear:

My vote is for pyjama + kurthi (long enough to cover the knees) ONLY! :)

One of my interests is to find out if this item of clothing is included in calculation of GDP.

How much production and consumption of this piece of apparel takes place in india.

Kerala appears to be topping in usage of nighties and maxis.

As some housewife asks how many parathas can she make before putting on a saree also to enable children catch school bus at 7 am.

It all started in india in seventies when from housewives to those going to three star hotel swimming pool started patronising this apparel.

Of course adding a dupatta with sindoor makes it meet the standards of indian decency it appears.

If one leaves the conditoning aside ,these with beautiful pastel shades,floral designs makes it a fashion apparel.

Add to it comforts for doing house work with functional design with pockets,loose and comfortable could compete with summer dress in europe.lol

It suits indian weather perfectly.

I would recommend that men also try it.Arabs use them . Men wear Thobe while women wear abhaya.

You know those long white robes all arabs wear is known by different names in various muslim countries

In any case , men would look less obscene as they do in knickers or three quarters. { I am talking of senior mamas]

I am sure many fashonistas in nighties/maxis would prefer hot blooded men in long robes masculine if they have a goatee beard also along with that

Based partly on social site 'Soup'

Last edited:
Out here we get nice long cotton full length maxis to wear at home.

But no one wears it outside of home.

The Indian women from India tend to wear these maxis outdoors too..now that totally sucks cos its homewear.

To work I wear Abhaya often..very comfortable and fully covered..long sleeves too and decent.

Robes are actually very comfy.

Near my workplace one foreign worker from Kerala wears a lungi folded so highLOL

God..its so indecent..so much exposure.

hi

now a days ..all mamis wear nighties in DAY TIME....i dont know what they wear in night....even all vadhyar's mamis prefered dress

is nighties.....many senior citizen ONLY wear nighties....sarees are very rare...this is modern city trend...i like to use DAITIES

THAN NIGHTIES....the dress wear in day is called DAITIES....

Out here we get nice long cotton full length maxis to wear at home.

But no one wears it outside of home.

The Indian women from India tend to wear these maxis outdoors too..now that totally sucks cos its homewear.

To work I wear Abhaya often..very comfortable and fully covered..long sleeves too and decent.

Robes are actually very comfy.

Near my workplace one foreign worker from Kerala wears a lungi folded so highLOL

God..its so indecent..so much exposure.
hi

keralites prefer LUNGI than VESTI.....i used wear lungis in my college days...very convenient for FOLDED SO HIGH..LOL

Even christian priests and nuns wear long robes white or black.

Black meaning lay off and white meaning ....I do not know.My answer might hurt religeous feelings.

Do you think a dress code covering whole body be imposed in temples for men?

Even christian priests and nuns wear long robes white or black.

Black meaning lay off and white meaning ....I do not know.My answer might hurt religeous feelings.

High time Hindu males cover up..why should they exposed?
Better for priests too to be covered ..all other religion priests are always covered up.

Even Pakistani males are always covered up in their Pathan suit.

Last edited:

It is freedom that matters.

Like freedom of expression, it is freedom of wearing dress of one’s choice.

Some have developed tendency in finding fault with everything and keep criticizing.

There are people who may like to visit temple with nighties.

And we have few who come here to comment that in that case, the temple will attract more visitors. lol

Wearing dress is all that matters and not the design, style, etc it is convenience, comfort and above all, it is choice of an individual.

Dressing of individual may differ from region to region depending upon the climate, culture, tradition, etc

And there are places to cover up and equally there are places to open up irrespective of caste, colour and creed.

A dress code should be imposed for men in temples..

Similarly a dress code should be imposed for women in swimming pool

Finally a dress code should be imposed for all in bed rooms.lol

Dear Krish Sir,

Why are you bothered about what other mAmAs and mAmis wear when they come out of their homes? This is a free country and

anyone can dress in the way he or she likes. If the dress code is NOT maintained on certain occasions, they might be laughed at! :lol:

BTW, only females will be worried, if they have hairy arms and legs - males will be proud if they 'possess'! Yessssss!! :D

Dear Krish Sir,

Why are you bothered about what other mAmAs and mAmis wear when they come out of their homes? This is a free country and

anyone can dress in the way he or she likes. If the dress code is NOT maintained on certain occasions, they might be laughed at! :lol:

BTW, only females will be worried, if they have hairy arms and legs - males will be proud if they 'possess'! Yessssss!! :D
These are only observations of a senile senior citizen who cannot help seeing what he sees thru his thick lenses which he wears more to avoid tripping on the roads.

These days one sees only these mamis and cows on the roads early morning

Holy cow as a topic is forbidden.....

Of course it is a free country.

To each , his/her favourite apparel.

I prefer long track suits and full shirts in non offensive colours not to upset any four legged on the roads.

What is important is that should should dress for the weather...

Like taking beer during summer and red wine in cold winter....

Senior citizens are better to wear cotton dresses instead of synthetics and go for loose fittings...

What is important is that should should dress for the weather...

Like taking beer during summer and red wine in cold winter....

Senior citizens are better to wear cotton dresses instead of synthetics and go for loose fittings...

True...loose fitting cotton garments are the best.

That way the Arabs win pants down..I mean hands down.

Punjabi sikhs and hindus wear Kachha .

I can certify.

I used to live in a punjabi area in west delhi.

At that time , I was a young kid 12-13 years.

Out of curiousity, I lifted the robe and found out.

I got chased by the person for that.lol

I can certify.

For me I am lucky....the nature of my job enlightens me to what lies beneath!LOL

In Chennai,TN for the summer heat loose dress best suited.

Alwan

I can certify.

You are now qualified to become invigilator in NEET exams !! LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back