• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

yajurveda avani avittam date for 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gayatri japam for all on 8-08-2017. 28th july ruk upakarma; 25th August sama upakarma; 06-09-2017 yajur upakarma.

I have seen in all sites that it is on this month .. why did it change sir .. any reason .. It looks as if there is some reason behind this Gayatri Jabam and Avani Avittam mix up

Why is the gap between Gayatri Japam & Yajur Upakarma this year. Also I think Mahalayam starts on 06/09/17. As my father's thithi falls on the same day ( Prathamai ). Have I to do both the function on the same day?

In India lunar eclipse falls on 7-8-2017. so avani avittam falls on 6-9-2017. There is no lunar eclipse in U.S.A. so hindus are having avnani avittam on 7-8-2017 and Gayathri japam 0n 8-8-2017.in U.S.A.

In view of Mrityu Yogam, It is perhaps not advisable to do Avani Avittam on 6th Sep. 17. The drig-ganitha panchangam - Acharyaal Madaththu Panchangam however has printed on 6th Sep. But now they may revise their views in view of the pdf, file discussions by sadas, in which Shri Narasimhan was also a participant. Perhaps 7th aug. itself is the date, inspite of the dosham.

Sir,
I am new to this setup. I have joined only to day. What is the final decision, whether to do the AvaniAvittam (yajur upakarma) on 7th August or on 6th September. Thanks.
Ramesh Subrahmaniam.

Namskaram, Thank you for the kind information.

I belong to Yajur vedam
I will be in South Korea on 06-09-2017, what will be the exact timings for the Yajur upakarma?
Is there anyone with whom I can join for yajur upakarma in south korea?

Upakarma for men is like kumbabhishekam for temples. Rejuvenate brahma tejas and varchas. So if on a rare occasion you don't do it the day before gayatri japam its ok. More important is to do the gayatri japam daily. If you are constrained for time, you can do it after a simple sankalpa.

hello everyone,
thanks for the Hemalamba Varusha Upakarma Nirmayam .. thank you so much these information.

Maheshbabu,Canada

As per Nrisimhapriya and ranganatha paduka avani avittam is on 7th Aug 2017 for Yajurveda although Chandra grahanam is there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back