• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Upanayanam Question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Namaskaram,
My elder son is 2008 april 13th born in San Jose,California. What would be correct age to have the upanayanam function for him. Some people say no need to look for odd /even years. Some say the time inside mother is also included. Based on his date and year of birth, what would be the correct year to put poonal?

We are very very confused and any insights are helpful
Thanks

no need to look odd year/ even year. for upanayanam he is eligible from 2015 August on wards. If your son is able to pronounce sanskrit words you can do it from now onwards till 2023.

Namaskarams,

Normally, as per the sastras, the upanayanam is to be performed at the age of 7. After 7th year the upanayanam can be performed at anytime.

Anbudan
Adiyen

hi

garbath saptame varshe upaneetham kuryaath.....i think its from manu niti...from 7th yr onwards....upanayanam fine...but generally

ppl do on 9th year age...

Had the same doubt because my kids were born in US . I do have another question. How is the horoscope prepared for kids born in US? Do astrologers take the US time of their birth or convert it to Indian time to prepare the horoscope?

Sri Ganesh has a detailed thread on Astrology in the General Section. He can be contacted in that thread for specific details.

Most software programs that provide horoscopes actually ask for latitude & longitudes of the place as well as Time Zone specifics. I assume that information is factored in coming up with a horoscope chart.

Sri Ganesh may be able to provide good set of reasons behind how the chart is created.

we are taking U S time,of birth U.S. place of birth and u.s. date of birth. you may yourself fill these things in astro vision lifesign mini in your computor which is free and download horoscope.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back