Tamil Brahmins
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 78/5
    Given: 11/3

HOMO DEUS A Brief History of Tomorrow

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    I had a chance to read most parts of the book and discuss it with a friend.

I found NY Times review to be reasonably on the mark (presented below).

From eastern understanding of universal truths (Vedanta) one can show contradictions in the thesis, assumptions and conclusions.

Leaving that aside, it is an interesting book. It has endorsements from some of the great minds of our times as noted in the review below

Review Link: https://www.nytimes.com/2017/02/15/b...rari.html?_r=0

================================================== =========================
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thumbs Up/Down

I am unable to post my comments further running into "500 internal server error' .. when it clears up I will post
  3. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    If you are having a problem with a particular thread or user, please use the "REPORT POST" button beside the offending post to inform us or raise a complaint.
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thumbs Up/Down

Tangentially connected are the notions of human free will. Of late scientist doing research in Neuroscience have been proclaiming that there is no such thing has free will. Below is a response to that

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vBrSdlOhIx4&authuser=0

I lost my own review comments in my earlier attempt .. I have provided links to NY Times Review in the opening post
  5. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    If you are having a problem with a particular thread or user, please use the "REPORT POST" button beside the offending post to inform us or raise a complaint.