• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Ayushhomam,

Status
Not open for further replies.
My granddaughter 's ayushhomam falls on 3rd may(chithirai poosam).we are planning to arrange it in the pillayar koil nearby.they have given the time as 7.30am after they finish their ganapathy homam.But 7.30 to9am is yamagantam On Wednesday is it o.k to perform ayushhomam at that time?
please clarify.

Thankiny you
With regards
Meena

chithrai poosam you may do it on 2nd may. . As per drik kanitha panchangam there is no poosam at all on 3-5-2017; only on 2nd poosam is there. as per paampu --( vaakiya ) panchangam poosam star ends by 9-45 A.M. on wednesday. on tuesday poosam star is there from 10-45 A.M. . and ends on 3-5-2017 by 9-45 A.M. so you have to do only on tuesday 2-5-2017. ayushya homam.

for Ayush homam details see in the sticky thread rituals ceremonies and poojas in the thread ama soma vaara arasa mara pradhakshinam from thread 17 onwards.

Thank you kgopalan sir for the information.But as a matter of acadenmic interest ,I would like to know something.the Vadiyar in the temple says,One need not worry about Rahul Kalam,yamagantam or any other inauspicious time ,when performing the function in a temple.Is this so? Please clarify With regards,Thanking you Meena

Thank you kgopalan sir for all the information.We performed my granddaughter's Ayushhomam on Tuesday. With regards,,thanking you,Meena

We are plaaning to celebrate the first birth day of our granson. The Nakshatra is POOSAM in Purattasi. As per our Vadyar it is on OCT14.
As per PAMBU panchangam Poosam ends at 9N 55Vinazhigai. Can u inform what is the time (as per English Calender) at which we shd start the function.
as per our Vadyar any time is ok. Pl help me to fix the auspicious timr
Regards
Ram

Dear Ram 7249

Poosa nakshathram ends at 9.27 a.m. on 14 Oct 2017. So you can start the aayushya-homam part of the function at 8.00 am that day according to English time reckoning.

If you are also having the jatha-karmam, naama-karanam and anna-praashaanam samskaaraams, you would have to start much earlier, say 6.30 am or so.

Aasheervaathams.

S Narayanaswamy Iyer

Dear Sri Ram 7249

Further to my reply last night, please note that 14 Oct 2017 falls on a Saturday. Raahu Kaalam is from 9.00 am to 10.30 am that day. So, vaadhyaar should complete the aayushya-homam and subsequent jayaathi homam by 9.00 a.m.

Mangala-haarathi, aasheervatham, Braahmana bhojanam, etc. can be done after the aayushya-homam.

S Narayanaswamy Iyer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back