• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Indian wedding photograph, then and now

Status
Not open for further replies.

prasad1

[FONT=&quot]The Indian wedding photo has changed dramatically. Shy brides and impassive grooms have all but vanished. In their place are beaming posers oblivious to what has become a daily accessory: the camera.[/FONT][FONT=&quot]

Wedding photograph is no longer just a photograph. It’s an intimate chronicle of the loud, colourful Indian wedding: from the poignant to the embarrassing, from the ephemeral to the staged. The proliferation of the camera has turned stiff, dazed, even indifferent newly-weds into born posers who don’t hesitate to drape themselves over each other. This is the work of a decade; not 70 or 25 years. Technology, not time, has been the catalyst: from [/FONT]
Pinterest[FONT=&quot] (the best place to “mood-board” says one photographer) to [/FONT]Instagram[FONT=&quot] (for portfolios) to Facebook (for sharing the results).[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]

_0826003a-2750-11e7-b743-a11580b053fc.png

Anuradha Reddy was “amused”at the thought that went into choosing a photographer for her daughter’s wedding in 2013. Her daughter, Sanjana, hand-picked a six-to-eight-member photography team, complete with a videographer, who shot all five events.
Contrast that with Anuradha who remembers nothing about the photographer from her wedding in 1985. “My parents would have arranged someone,” she says, laughing. “For the reception, we didn’t even have a photographer.” Her in-laws had assumed her parents would hire someone and her parents had assumed her in-laws would.
Today — in a wedding industry worth tens of billions — this would be unforgivable.
_5434f78c-268e-11e7-b743-a11580b053fc.png
Sanjana and Akhil’s (bottom left) cheerful shot from 2013 is in stark contrast to her parents’ stiff 1985 wedding photo (right), complete with a photo bomb; and her grandparents’ grumpy 1965 wedding photo (top left). (Courtesy: Sanjana Reddy and Stories by Joseph Radhik )

_8bad0e54-2745-11e7-929a-64902ca55664.jpg
(L) This was the closest thing to a wedding photo that Jaya Tilakraj Sharma could find of her parents. When she married in 2017 she opted for professional wedding portraits. (Courtesy: Jaya Tilakraj Sharma (L) and Badal Raja Company (R))

http://www.hindustantimes.com/art-a...hen-and-now/story-2xG8rC3jxY7WbWPtk6vRDI.html

[/FONT]

People spend a great amount of money for wedding pics...its like a whole package..proffessional make up and photography..exotic locations etc.

I didnt even take a wedding potrait to hang in my home.

Whatever shots that were taken..
Were taken by some photographer my parents hired.

I am just not into wasting money.
For reception we didnt hire a photographer.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back