• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Second revolt in AIADMK: Dhinakaran and Sasikala cannot lead the party, say group of

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Rudhran

A section of Ministers seems to have decided to remove Sasikaa, TTV Dinakaran and his family from AIADMK party

Besides, it is reported that Teams of Senior Ministers have been frme for the merger of the two AIAMK factions

Media ... again busy ..

Second revolt in AIADMK: Dhinakaran and Sasikala cannot lead the party, say group of Ministers

Is this the beginning of the end of the Mannargudi clan's influence in the AIADMK?

In a significant move, around 20 Cabinet Ministers who met at Tamil Nadu CM E Palaniswami's residence have decided to keep the Sasikala family away from the government and the party.

Emerging from a meeting that went on almost one and a half hours, Fisheries Minister D Jayakumar said that a decision has been taken keeping in mind the sentiment of the cadre.

"Our aim is to keep the party together. The cadres don't want TTV Dhinakaran to lead the party. To put it bluntly, Sasikala and her family cannot lead the party," Jayakumar said.

Almost repeating what O Panneerselvam has been saying since he broke away from Sasikala at the Jayalalithaa memorial in February, Jayakumar said on Tuesday night, "The party and the government should not be in the control of one family."

Read more at: http://www.thenewsminute.com/articl...inakaran-and-sasikala-cannot-lead-party-60570

[h=1]Live: 20 AIADMK Ministers Oust Sasikala, TTV Dhinakaran From Party[/h]Link: https://www.thequint.com/politics/2017/04/17/aiadmk-panneerselvam-merger-sasikala

Last edited by a moderator:
Leaders of ruling AIADMK Party appears to be more busy than the Medias.

Every hour there is a development….!

Dhinakaran steps aside, it’s now up to EPS and OPS to thrash out an MoU for AIADMK merger

"Our leaders want me to keep quiet so I will keep quiet,” declared Dhinakaran.

It’s a fast changing political situation in Tamil Nadu, where nothing is the same for two consecutive hours. On Tuesday night, it looked like the AIADMK had split three ways, with Chief Minister Edappadi Palaniswami, retaining the largest number of MLAs, booting out TTV Dhinakaran and Sasikala from the party.

By early Wednesday morning, it looked like TTV was digging his heels in, and gathering support of a handful of MLAs in order to hold on to his position in the party.

But by 11.40am on Wednesday, things had drastically changed. Dhinakaran came out of his residence to speak to media persons, and he looked like a man who was smarting, but who had clearly accepted defeat.

“I was asked to stay away from party affairs and I will listen to that for the sake of the party. I will not try to prove my strength,” said Dhinakaran, who declared that he was ‘stepping aside’, although he was non committal on whether he would be continuing as the Deputy General Secretary of the party.

"Our leaders want me to keep quiet so I will keep quiet,” declared Dhinakaran. "According to me, I have worked to their (cadre) expectations only. I want to keep quiet now because I don't want any problem in the party," he said.

Read more at: http://www.thenewsminute.com/articl...ps-and-ops-thrash-out-mou-aiadmk-merger-60594

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back