• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

How old does this look?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sravna

Dear Folks,

After months of employing spiritual energy to look younger, this is how I look now. Guess my age based on this picture.
http://sravnatestprep.com/about.php
(picture changed)

My theory is that, in a holistic development of perfection of self one gets youthful to the maximum possible first, then comes perfect health, then perfect spiritual beauty and finally perfect spiritual intelligence. Of course this will span enumerous births. But I believe if enough spiritual energy is used it can happen in a birth.

My theory regarding breaking the youth barrier is that if one looks more than 30 years younger than the actual age one has broken it the happening of which I believe would be over 6-7 sd above normal. In general anything about 7 s.d over normal is breaking the barrier.

What say you?

Last edited:
Dear Sravna Sir,

Please take my comment in the right spirit, OK?

If you have a nice smile, you will look much younger! :)

I wonder how you are NOT able to smile in any of your pics!!

A naughty boy wanted his mom to prepare snacks for all his friends. Mom was afraid to tackle so many kids but

she was surprised when each one of them told her, 'Aunty! You look so young and no one can guess your age!'

Mom was elated! :dance:

Later on, she told her son that all his friends are very nice because they appreciated her looks!

Then the naughty boy replied, 'Mom! I told them that your age is 55!' ;)

Dear Sravna..Many people dont believe my age becos I look much younger according to themLOL

Actually my exercise regiment has kept me from gaining weight..in fact I weigh 1 kg lesser than when I got married.

Its just genetics..I have gone on my dads side..no one is obese in my dads family..everyone is tall and thin.

So Sravna..its not about breaking the youth barrier..sometimes its genes and lifestyle.

But do take a CT scan or MRI..that does not hide our biological age..my CTs and MRI i had taken before has revealed my true age.

So dont believe what is outside..when people give me compliments of looking young and trim..I only smile cos they havent seen my MRI and CT scan.

My jaw bone on my CT revealed much more than my actual age.
Some changes in my neck bones too showed age related changes even though outwardly I have no pain related to it..not even restricted movement despite age changes on CT.

So Sravna..Aging and death is inevitable..Ma Suchah.

Please use precious time for beneficial activities..too much focus on self does not help.

In my line of work..watching so much pain and decay and death makes one feel that just being alive is enough.

Dear Renuka,

It is not about self as something is not done at the expense of others. It is about self development. Let us face it. Who would not want to look young or beautiful if it is possible? I am planning more than that. I want to understand the mechanics of how it happens so that one understands self and the world much better.

Please note folks, the picture has been changed to a smiling version as suggested by Smt.RR.

Dear Sravna..I prefer to be practical.
Looking young and beautiful is indeed nice but the fact is aging and death is inevitable.

There are millions in the world who are suffering sans basic needs...if you want to make a change be a Karma Yogi.

Obessesing with Youth and Beauty makes one a Kama Bhogi.

I dont see how a spiritual mindset and obession goes hand in hand.

I am a female who loves fashion and style yet I accept change is the norm of existence..so it surprises me to know a male is pre occupied with beauty and youth.

Youth and beauty is for boys not men.

Grow up Sravna.

Please note folks, the picture has been changed to a smiling version as suggested by Smt.RR.

Dear Sravna..What is it that you want to hear?
I am quite sure hardly any member would want to commit to an answer.

Truth should only be spoken if its beneficial.
Silence is prefered if the Truth can hurt feelings.

So what do you want to hear?
Decibels or Silence?

You make your choice.

Dear Renuka,

Yes I understand Renuka that aging and death are inevitable. so even bad health is inevitable. So why do people want to be healthy or youthful? Wanting to look young or beautiful may not seem mature , the reason being as people say we inevitably age and look worse with age.

But here is a unique opportunity to experiment with spiritual energy and see what it can do to youth, beauty, health and intelligence. Who knows anything might be possible? Look at this in the right perspective and not in a cliched way.

Dear Sravna..humans have all sorts of desires.
We at the best can look after our health but hankering after youth does not make sense.

Adi Shankaras Bhajo Govindam does talk about this...

maa kuru dhana jana yauvana garvaM
harati nimeshhaatkaalaH sarvam.h .
maayaamayamidamakhilaM hitvaa
brahmapadaM tvaM pravisha viditvaa .. (11)

Do not boast of wealth, friends, and youth. Each one of these are destroyed within a minute. Free yourself from the illusion of the world of Maya and attain the timeless Truth

Dear Renuka,

I am not in any way contesting the great Sankara's views. But this is my explanation. Perfection in beauty, health etc. eventually happens to everyone when they approach divinity. The technical reason behind that is the increase of spiritual energy. when I am able to increase spiritual energy at will, the same results I assume can be achieved in a birth.

I consider the gift of spiritual power as mainly for showing to the skeptical science biased world, that there is something beyond the physical and as a way of making them believe in the spirituality and its deep truths.

Dear Sravna,

Its understandable if one has pre occupation about self.

But its better not to drag in spirituality if its all about narcissism.

Dear Sravna,

Its understandable if one has pre occupation about self.

But its better not to drag in spirituality if its all about narcissism.

Dear Renuka,

It is not narcissism. I am not gloating that I am beautiful or youthful or healthy but just stating my objectives and want people's opinion about where I stand with regard to those objectives. No narcissism there I guess?

Dear Renuka,

It is not narcissism. I am not gloating that I am beautiful or youthful or healthy but just stating my objectives and want people's opinion about where I stand with regard to those objectives. No narcissism there I guess?

Dear Sravna..just from one single pic no one can decipher effects of spirituality on your looks.

From my point of view..
your newer pics exhibit a stressful appearance with acute lack of sleep facies with lost of buccal pads on face.

Dear Sravna..just from one single pic no one can decipher effects of spirituality on your looks.

From my point of view..
your newer pics exhibit a stressful appearance with acute lack of sleep facies with lost of buccal pads on face.
Ha ha

From my point of view your newer pics exhibit a stressful appearance with acute lack of sleep facies.

OK Renuka, thanks for the feedback. I plan to present more pictures in the future to know if there is any progress.

OK folks 2 feedbacks so far, one from Smt.RR suggesting I dont look young and the other from Renuka saying I look stressful and deprived of sleep. Waiting for more responses.

Colour your hair red or pink.

Do not ask senior citizens.

Ask youngsters regarding looks.

You will get a better feedback

There was one mAmA who used LAmA, a hair tonic, to grow hair on bald patches!

Poor mAmA's hair turned white, making him look much older! :Cry:

So, mAmA said good buy to LAmA!! :wave:

Dear Sravna Sir,

Are you still not able to realize that members don't want to embarrass you? :)

Renu also has not written your age, so far! :cool:

Dear Smt. RR,

There is no embarrassment in this. But anyway your opinion is clear cut now. Thanks Smt.RR, I take these in the right spirit.

Sravna, I always felt that you were around 50+ from your posts and probably if I were to see you in person, a great deal could possibly be said. A photo is but a perspective - a 2d image that has the ability to either obscure or highlight unwanted traits. "Youth" is again a highly subjective topic.

Going by what the average indian looks, you certainly do not look in the 20s & 30s... arguably you could be in the late 40s, but the inner urge is to place you in the 50-60 bracket.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back