• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

regarding color of muhurtham saree

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear Mrs. Mala,

Arakku is the traditional color but a few years back, mAmbazham color with green border was the most sought after combination.

You can buy in any color without black mix. Please check both the horizontal and vertical threads. :)

Nine and half and ten yard sarees are available. If the girl is tall, better to go for one of these.

" the horizontal and vertical thread "Has this any significance while buying a sari.I have had no idea before this.what is the significance and if so why?My daughter is quite short.Is it possible to tie madisar in 6 yard sari like as an iyengar friend told is possible.Is it that our way is different from theirs(iyengars)As it is an intercaste marriage she will not have use for it after marriage which is y i am asking for so many clarifications.

Dear Mrs. Mala,

There should not be black thread in the koorai pudavai. Many sarees in green, blue, red etc will have horizontal threads as black.

So, actually it is enough if you check the horizontal threads at the end of the saree.

There IS a method of wearing a madisar with 6.4 mts saree (ie) the saree with a blouse of the same color.

But how can I teach you? Do you live in Chennai?

Dear Prasad Sir,

Tying a madisAr with a nine yards (or more yards!!) saree is known to everyone. But wearing a madisAr - Iyer style -

with a 6.4 mts saree needs another special tape (my innovation). Hence I asked how I could 'teach', Mrs. Mala! :)

May be, it is worth making a video to demonstrate and share with friends and relatives!!
icon3.png

I have taught my manni and given one special tape to her. :cool:

raji ma'am thanks for your reply.I live in bangalore. Like someone suggested if you can video record we can try the same at home.It will help many of us who wear it only during the wedding with the help pf relatives

Dear Mrs. Mala,

I was pondering over using 6.5mts saree for madisAr. It may NOT be a good idea for the bride to wear it in the way I do, because

all eyes will be on her when she is a bride. Also, only three or four pleats could be made at the start of the saree and it may not look

good on the stage. So, you may buy a non silk nine and half yards saree with grand zari work, which will not be expensive at all.

It will look great in the wedding photos. Just one more wedding expense, when lakhs and lakhs are spent!

All the best to you! :)

Last edited:
Madam,thank you for your suggestion and advie.I bought a 9 yard sari mustard with pink border.what is few thousands when u are spending lakhs and do not want to let go of your tradition also

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back