• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Inside Tirumala Tirupati Temple by National Geographic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for posting this link, Ganesh! I missed it last night, even though V R Ji had mentioned about this in

'Think or Sink' thread. Our cable network dose not provide this channel!

Raji Ramji

Ever helpful and dependable.

I was waiting for you to research and tell me.lol

Now I can go to tirupati when there is no mad rush.

I want to put some money in the hundi there for pondichery housing project for brahmins.

I do not want to be crushed with one lakh plus landing up .

So I will go next week.

I will find someone who will make possible special darshan.

There are many well wishers who want me to turn religious in old age.lol

I will brave airindia and make it to the place.

I will also see Padmavathi thayar.

By the way has anyone ever visited thulukka nachiyar sannathi in srirangam ?

Do you know there are two utsava murties and naivedyam also consists of items dear to thulukka nachiyar.

According to legend , she was daughter of Malik Kafur who raided the srirangam temple and took the murthi of Rangan. His daughter princess surathani took a fancy to

it and took the murthi for playing.She fell in love and rangan fell in love with her. So in srirangam , there is a separate thullukka nachiyar sannadhi.which is also

worshipped along with renganayaki.

hi

i visit thirupathi every year.......last 30yrs without fail....i prefer and go by ONLY BY TTDC THIRUPATHI TOUR VOLVO AC ONE DAY

TOUR....even this year....im planning in oct/nov.....which is least rush time...

... By the way has anyone ever visited thulukka nachiyar sannathi in srirangam ?

Do you know there are two utsava murties and naivedyam also consists of items dear to thulukka nachiyar.

According to legend , she was daughter of Malik Kafur who raided the srirangam temple and took the murthi of Rangan. His daughter princess surathani took a fancy to

it and took the murthi for playing.She fell in love and rangan fell in love with her. So in srirangam , there is a separate thullukka nachiyar sannadhi.which is also

worshipped along with renganayaki.
Dear Krish Sir,

I have seen that sannadhi. So, Lord Rangan has approved I R weddings? :becky:

Here is the full history of Thulukka Nachiyar:
The Saga of Thulukka Naachiyaar, Sri Rangam

There is nothing unusual if some one is agnostic if not outright atheist.

Hindu religion has sufficient space to accommodate me.

Only in abrahamic religion one might fear of someone beheading you for non conformity or hammer you to a cross .

So I am a proud hindu.

There is nothing modern about it.

I have been this way for a lifetime.

See no reason to change it.

Dear Krish Sir,

A 'Modern mAmA' can opt for spirit rather than spirituality! :)

He does not chant slOgams daily and wears the religious mark ONLY on special days! :cool:

When religious functions need to be performed , I hunt for someone from my family who can take over that role on my behalf.I am good at delegating this to someone

or other

I was told that if I have to get married the conventional way to a brahmin girl , I have to wear the thread on marriage day .After that I think , I was forced into wearing

that five or six times in one lifetime. Not bad. Minor compromise on belief can see one thru in life comfortably.

My son faced a similar issue. He was forced to undergo thread ceremony by the girl he wanted to marry. It is not easy to marry a girl one loves and one has to do

minor sacrifices like this.

Of course religious mark like thirunamam is displayed only if my iyengar identity is challenged by any iyer. { my sambandhi is a vadama iyer} at any family function.

I also collect a few vaishnavite vadhyars for rituals to assert that I am a proud vaishnavite.

Thats why I maintain a data base of iyengar vadhyars to be pulled out of hat when pushed to the wall.

Iyer DIL wears madisar vaishnavite way with a thilakam while her mother and other relatives display iyer madisar on occassions demanding that

Last edited:
......... Iyer DIL wears madisar vaishnavite way with a thilakam while her mother and other relatives display iyer madisar on occassions demanding that
ennayyA idhu? unga veettila poNNaik koduththadhukku, sambandhigaLum IyengAr kattu kattaNumA? :lol:

Krish sir,

I respect your position. I too sometimes do "things" for societies sake, without faith.
Of late I have started doing it less for society, and more for myself.

Last edited:
When religious functions need to be performed , I hunt for someone from my family who can take over that role on my behalf.I am good at delegating this to someone

or other

I was told that if I have to get married the conventional way to a brahmin girl , I have to wear the thread on marriage day .After that I think , I was forced into wearing

that five or six times in one lifetime. Not bad. Minor compromise on belief can see one thru in life comfortably.

My son faced a similar issue. He was forced to undergo thread ceremony by the girl he wanted to marry. It is not easy to marry a girl one loves and one has to do

minor sacrifices like this.

Of course religious mark like thirunamam is displayed only if my iyengar identity is challenged by any iyer. { my sambandhi is a vadama iyer} at any family function.

I also collect a few vaishnavite vadhyars for rituals to assert that I am a proud vaishnavite.

Thats why I maintain a data base of iyengar vadhyars to be pulled out of hat when pushed to the wall.

Iyer DIL wears madisar vaishnavite way with a thilakam while her mother and other relatives display iyer madisar on occassions demanding that

We.have a friend - your description is a mirror image of him who insisted his grand son should be named Prahalad to be faithful to Narayana only - curious to know the name your g son!

Who is grandson of vaishnavite God Krishna ?

Anirudh -meaning unobstructed, unstoppable.

Due to my carrying that name -can my grandson be named anything other than Anirudh?

My son escaped being called pradyumna -small mercies.He would have not thought kindly of me if I had named him that.

However modern people be labelled as, they continue to look to ancient holy books for a name maintaining their clan identity.

Poor Prahal during his last visit to India was branded with hot wheel of Krishna and develped paiful keloid - can never forget Krishna or Narayana! Did you try that Cowboy act with hot Krishna' s wheel? My friend regrets to have done this to him!

Vaishnavites are celebrating 1000 years of Ramanuja.

They had Mahasamprokshanam at four of divyadesam temples in tirupati,srirangam, melkote, salem. on second april

Many vaishnavites undergo sammasanam with religious signs embedded to arms.

Luckily I have avoided getting into this class.

My knowledge of jeers and other holy men is on account of better half who gives 100 % sound advise[ 95% sound and 5% advice IMHO] on how to cope with

vaishnavism

There is also someone who is filling my facebook with religeous texts which I cannot help reading.

I can boast that I have gone to more vaishnavite temples than most.

So it is hoped I would get sufficient nalla buddhi to change into a staunch vaishnavite

I do not know what happens to many vaishnavites after retirement

They start sporting tufts after retirement along with panchakacham and occupy themselves more with any activity related to their sect.

It keeps many of them fully occupied.

Last edited:
The french have a saying
'plus ca change,c'est la meme chose'

meaning more the things change , the more they remain the same.

We can claim to be modern and say we have changed and have become different , but years of indoctrination thru various influences makes us exhibit characteristics of

vaishnavism when pushed into a corner.We shout adhi moolame and wait for a savior.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back