• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Time for Politicians and VVIP's to learn decorum

Status
Not open for further replies.

sravna

A shiv sena MP slapped an Air India staff with slippers. One hears similar incidents almost everyday. The brazenness of politicians and VVIPs and how intoxicated they are because of power. Though in a deeper sense I have sympathy for their behavior which arises out of ignorance of values, in a pragmatic sense the acts are to be severely condemned and it is time they stopped acting this way.

A system to assess the politicians and putting a restraint on their behavior should be in place. Those who are repeatedly brazen should not to allowed to continue with their job. A special code of conduct should be there for persons in position of power and responsibilities. Such persons are expected to uphold values and serve as role models for others. But reverse is the case now. Strong and immediate steps should be taken to stem irresponsible behavior. For example physically assaulting any one should be acted upon by immediately terminating the services of the politician.

Simultaneously there should be encouragement for the ones who really wish to do good for the people.

In general politics should not be the first resort for the goondas . Our PM is doing well and I believe we are moving in the right direction.It would be welcome if these incidents are treated with even greater seriousness and promptness and in an unbiased manner.

This is most shocking! Shiv Sena is known for arm twisting! Shame on the party for not allowing a public servant to function!!

We are like the pot calling kettle black.

We have allowed a mafia gang to rule our state of domicile. on what grounds could we accuse rude behavior of mla of another state!

Moreover this is India. Are we fit for self-governance/democracy? we are still wondering!!!!!

We are like the pot calling kettle black.

We have allowed a mafia gang to rule our state of domicile. on what grounds could we accuse rude behavior of mla of another state!

Moreover this is India. Are we fit for self-governance/democracy? we are still wondering!!!!!

Dear Sir,

If you ask my personal opinion, I am against the mafia gang ruling the state. May I say as a citizen of India, one can and should voice one's opinions against the high handed and intoxicated behavior of VVIPs and politicians whichever state they may represent, who think they have special rights to behave the way they do.

Airindia staffers still suffer from a delusion of air india to be a monopoly airline.

Many in their call centre, booking offices, ground staff are very senior in age and not exactly known for efficiency , for being cyber savvy and treat potential passengers

callously.

Call centre fellows have limited info and will tell you to approach their offices if you ask anything more than a simple query.

Their telephone lines to offices are normally not functional and engaged mostly.

If you land up in their offices, they will give you a slip with number and wait endlessly.

A minimum of twenty minutes per potential passenger is common for booking.

Most collect their booking slips and go away to return after couple of hours to book.

My experience last week.

I wanted to book an international ticket.

Before booking , I wanted to rectify a small spelling error in name flying returns . There was a missing letter 'H' in the name TIRU instead of THIRU.

When I first went to flying returns counter, the counter fellow was engaging another fellow- perhaps someone known to him .

When I tried to stand in queue after him, the counter fellow told me to sit at a sofa 6 to 8 ft away.

He called me after 10 minutes and told me to tell very fast what I want .

I protested that he had made me wait so long , at least he can hear me with patience.

When I told him my issue, and offered to show him the passport, He advised me to go online and fulfill KYC norms before asking for change.

When I said I want to book ticket now, he coolly says booking tickets does not require KYC or flying returns.lol

He was correct. I booked international tickets after delay of three hours [ I was fourth or fifth] .

Now I do not know if they will ask for aadhar card or something else. while check in at airport.

I thought so far passport was good enough for travel.

The staff are the least interested in servicing anyone.

Many are grounded air hostesses or flight attendants.

Unless they give them all a good VRS ansd employ cyber savvy youngsters, I see no hope.

If someone loses patience with such staff, they can hardly be blamed.

Many from Govt are forced to travel mostly air india for LTC etc.or foreign trips.It is a horrible nightmare.

Most flight take off minimum ten minutes after schedule time.

So plus , no fear of missing flights.

Another common thing is change of aircraft and replaced one not having business class.

Add to it the crew not simply reporting for duty..

With all this , Their MD should be admired for keeping the airlines afloat

Law maker cannot break the law

Police register FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting AI staffer

I will not apologise...he (AI duty manager Sukumar) should come and apologise... then we will see. A 60-year-old man should also know how to behave," he said.

Air India has filed two complaints against the MP, while the Shiv Sena has sought an explanation from him.

Federation of Indian Airlines (FIA) and Air India have decided to ban Gaikwad from flying on its flights.

Aviation minister Ashok Gajapathi Raju told reporters on Friday that action would be taken and that lawmakers are not above the law.

Source: http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...ssaulting-ai-staffer/articleshow/57814210.cms

If an elected representative gets worked up enough to launch physical assault, Air india should introspect.

Airindia is driving passengers to desperation instead of getting its act together.

They should not make all surplus elements part of Ticketing, ground staff.They should believe in punctuality and discipline their erring pilots. They could learn from

Vistara [the best one for domestic travel] regarding courtesy and treatment of passengers. They are very customer oriented and their call centre staff is excellent.

Day before travel they resend ticket all and ensure smoothest check in and baggage clearance. They are extra helpful to seniors checking them in on priority

irrespective of class of ticket. All budget airlines treat you like cattle -as Sashi Tharoor put it. I have mostly switched over to them for domestic travel

Do you know air route to Gods abode Tirupathi is only through hyderabad?

If from chennai or bangalore or anywhere else one wants an air connection to tirupathi it is possible only via hyderabad. Hardly anyone flies to tirupathi from chennai as it becomes

very costly due to hyderabad linkage and it takes more time than car ,train or bus.

By the way , KCR CM of telengana is building a temple rivalling tirupathi at yadagirigutta- a favourite site for lovers to elope and get married.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back