• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Birthdate clarification, simple panjagam question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Namaskarams!

I am trying to decide when to do the ayusahomam and srardham.

child born on Chitra masam in Pusa nakshtram. Our sastrigal in Houston, USA (where we are) says to celebrate on the same day as rama navami in April. But he follows telegu panchanjagam. I looked in mypanjang.com and it also says on the 4th or 5th April. However, I know chitra masam starts only on April 14 per tamil calendar.

Which is the date to do this?

Also, my fathers devasam is on shukla shasti thithi in chitra masam. I have the same confusion on the date. Is it 1st of April or next date in Chitra masam in May.

Sastrigal says "Chaitre masam" in mypanjang is Chitra masam in Tamil, but the 14th April for chitra masam is causing confusion.

thank you.

hi

for telugu....ugadi is new yr....which is on 28th march.....its chitra masam them...for us..tamil chitra masam starts on april

14th....mypanchang .com has tamil version also....just check...

தமிழ் மாதங்கள்--சித்திரை; வைகசி; ஆனி; ஆடி; ஆவணி; புரட்டாசி; ஐப்பசி; கார்த்திகை; மார்கழி; தை; மாசி; பங்குனி எனப்படும்;.

செளர மான மாதம்-- மேஷம்,; ரிஷபம்; மிதுனம்; கடகம். சிம்மம்; கன்னி; துலாம்; வ்ருச்சிகம்; தனுஸ்; மகரம்; கும்பம்; மீனம்; எனப்படும்;

சாந்திரமான மாதம்--சைத்ரம்; வைசாகம்; ஜ்யேஷ்டம்; ஆஷாடம்; சிராவண; பாத்ரபதம்; ஆசுவினம்; கார்த்திகம்; மார்கசிரம்; பெளஷம் ; மாகம்; பால்குனம் எனப்படும்;;

மலையாள மாதம்----மேடம்; எடவம்; மிதுனம்; கற்கடக; சிம்மம்; கன்னி; துலாம்; வ்ருச்சிகம்; தனுஸ்; மகரம்; கும்பம்; மீனம் எனப்படும்;

ஆங்கில மாதம்----ஏப்ரல்-மே---;மே-ஜூன்; ஜூந்-ஜூலை; ஜூலை-ஆகஸ்; ஆகு-செப்ட[; செப்[ அக்-;அக்-நவ நவ-டிச; டிச-ஜன; ஜன-பிப்ர; பிப்ர-மார்ச்; மா ர்ச்-- ஏப்ரல்

ஸெளரமான மாதம் சூரியன் ஒவ்வொரு ராசியிலும் இருக்கும் நாட்களை கொண்டு சொல்வது; சூரியன் நிற்கும் ராசியை வைத்து பிறந்த தமிழ் மாதம் சொல்லலாம். jaathakam cross check செய்து கொள்ளலாம்.

சாந்திரமான் மாதம் என்பது ஒவ்வொரு மாதம் அமாவாசை கழித்த ப்ரதமை முதல் அடுத்த அமாவாசை முடிய ஒரு மாதம் என கணக்கிட படுகிறது.

14-4-2018ல் தமிழர்களுக்கு சித்திரை ஒன்ராம் தேதி. கன்னடம் மற்றும் தெலுங்கு பேசுபவர்கள் சாந்திர மான மாதப்படி 18-03-2018 அன்றே சித்திரை மாதம் பிறக்கிறது.

Ugadi is Telugu NY. It is also for Kannada and Maharashtra. They follow lunar cycle. But actually the month starts when Sun enters Mesha. Watch the Sun's position marked by astro when casting horoscopes. Universally the Sun's cycle is same according of course to time zone. Tamil Chitra month will be around 13th/14th. The 1st Solar month is Chitra but the lunar month Chitra corresponds to the constellation.

Have dutifully checked with Manonmani Vilas yellow "paambu" Shuddha Vaakkiya panchangam, Vaasan pink Thirukkanitha panchaangam, Yaazhppaana E Vengadesha Iyer's Vaakkiya Panchaangam, all for Hemavilambi Varusham 2017-2018, and Giri Trading's "Gita Calendar 2017" plus Maathrubhoomi calendar for kollam-aandu 1192 (corresponding to Hemavilambi varusham).

Have also done my own independent research, for verification.

All sources consulted agree that Monday 1 May 2017 is the correct date for your father's shraaddham on chithra maasam, shuklapaksha shashti tithi. (Avoid 12 noon to 1.30 pm: Yama kandam.) Sree Raama Navami is on Wednesday 5 April 2017 being the 23rd day of Panguni. In the latter case, both the month and the thithi are inconsistent with your father's death anniversary. That date is accordingly unsuitable.

Choices for your child's aayushya-homam (and for jaatha-karmam, naama-karanam, anna-praashanam?), based on Chitra maasam, Pushya nakshathram, are as follows:-

(1) Gita Calendar: Between 12.19 pm Tuesday 2 May 2017 and 10.19 am Wednesday 3 May 2017.

(2) Paambu panchaangam: Between 12.26 pm Tuesday 2 May 2017 and 11.14 am Wed 3 May 2017.

(3) Vaasan Panchaangam: Between 7.15 pm Tuesday 2 May 2017 and 7.14 pm Wednesday 3 May 2017.

(4) Maathrubhoomi Calendar: Between 6.27 pm Tuesday 2 May and 5.19 pm Wednesday 3 May 2017.

(5) Yaazhppaanam Vaakkiya Panchangam: Between 6.27 pm Tuesday 2 May and 5.19 pm Wed 3 May 2017.

My own suggestion would be choice No. (2) above, i.e. Wednesday 3 May morning, as on that day Raahu kaalam is only frfom 4.30 pm to 6.00 pm. Moreover, that panchaangam is the one followed by the local Anthanaar Sangham (Brahmana Sabha) of which I am a member.

If you have any further queries, please let me know. Or raise them in this website.

Namaskaarams.

S Narayanaswamy Iyer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back