• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Post death rituals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can some of one enlighten me on the following:
  1. How long does one have to take to performing annual sraardhams for one's parents? If it is lifelong, why? I performed all the associated rituals after their death in the first year and also for subsequent years.I have also done mahaalayam tarpanam continuously every year till now. The sookshma sariria of my parents may have been either liberated or they would have taken another life.My parents passed away 10 and 15 years back.

One must do their Shraddha duty as long as they are alive with few exceptions.
If one takes the lifestyle of Sannyasa then all rituals are given up so that one focuses on knowledge to gain Moksha. The other is if a person has attained enlightenment.

The Sharddham (arising from the word Shraddha) has to be done as a Nithya/Naimittika Karma (duty) for your benefit.
Their Sukshma Sarira is not getting liberated by your acts - it follows its path based on the Jiva's Karma Phala. Also in its flight, its time scale is not same as our timescale.

The manner of doing the Shraddham can change from doing with full Homam to Hiranya Shraddham when you are too old to conduct the full function. But duties cannot stop just like one does not stop taking a shower or bath after some number of years

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back