Thread: Retirement Home

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 154/71
    Given: 208/30

Retirement Home

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    I have been reading a lot about retirement homes and had been wanting to visit one for a long time.

This week I happened to get first hand experience of one in bangalore popular with tamil brahmins set up by a builder with presence in chennai and coimbotore.

One of my relatives had bought a 1 BHK there and I went along with him to collect possession of the flat.

It is located near new airport at devanahalli in bangalore.

It had just begun filling up with entrants.

Firstly most appeared to be well off and it was catering to upper middle class.Only most appeared to be late sixties or early seventies.

Some were from other states also.

Three encounters. One north indian there when asked where he was from replied he was from india and was an indian. Lol . I decide not to talk further and

moved on.The second an indian lady in jeans and kurta thought I was moving in there and was feeling relieved that She could find someone to get friendly with

as she was feeling lost in tamil brahmin company there. the third was a couple in late seventies .Apparently a bureucrat claiming to be highly connected

wanting to give suggestions on how the place could be improved and telling the manager there that he is is too junior and wanted to deal with only those who

matter.

I got a hearty welcome and got treated to a nice south indian vegetarian meal complete with sambar , rasam , ghee, poriyal,kootu , thick butter milk and

pickles and papad . Got charged 70rs for that. Breakfast, lunch or dinner charge is the same.The serving staff was extremely courteous.

The residence was both 1 and 2 BHK.They were considering 50 plus as senior citizen and free in allowing others to stay with them in their flat. They were

flexible enough to say that others could stay when senior citizen goes off for a few months in a year elsewhere.

The flats were excellent and most had got the bedrooms, hall and kitchen done up in style with woodwork and fancy light fittings besides decent furniture.

Only difference from normal living was only one had to live with senior citizens and have them for company. The ones I met did not appear to be there by

choice and perhaps each had a story to share.

If I go there again, I will fish for some interesting story of inmates to share with you all.
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 75/6
    Given: 2/0

hi

i need address./telephone...i am looking for such 1 bhk in bangalore...pricing too...
    asato maa sadh gamayaa, tamaso maa jyotir
    gamayaa, mrityor maa amritham gamayaaa..
    om shanti, om shanti, om shanti...upanishad
  3. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    If you are having a problem with a particular thread or user, please use the "REPORT POST" button beside the offending post to inform us or raise a complaint.
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thumbs Up/Down

Quote Originally Posted by tbs View Post
    hi

i need address./telephone...i am looking for such 1 bhk in bangalore...pricing too...
    TBSgaru

I will PM you .

Are you planning to rent one or buy one?
  5. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    If you are having a problem with a particular thread or user, please use the "REPORT POST" button beside the offending post to inform us or raise a complaint.
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 2/1
    Given: 4/0

Krish Sir

I will be grateful if you PM me also the cost & other details of both rent & ownership
  7. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 75/6
    Given: 2/0

Quote Originally Posted by krish44 View Post
    TBSgaru

I will PM you .

Are you planning to rent one or buy one?
    hi

thanks.....i have personal experiences of retirement homes in coimbatore and chennai....in fact my own family had with in chennai...

i like to buy in bangalore.....im not happy with coimbatore/chennai personally...
    asato maa sadh gamayaa, tamaso maa jyotir
    gamayaa, mrityor maa amritham gamayaaa..
    om shanti, om shanti, om shanti...upanishad
  9. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 87/27
    Given: 30/43

I have been reading a lot about retirement homes and had been wanting to visit one for a long time.

This week I happened to get first hand experience of one in bangalore popular with tamil brahmins set up by a builder with presence in chennai and coimbotore.

One of my relatives had bought a 1 BHK there and I went along with him to collect possession of the flat.

It is located near new airport at devanahalli in bangalore.

It had just begun filling up with entrants.

Firstly most appeared to be well off and it was catering to upper middle class.Only most appeared to be late sixties or early seventies.

Some were from other states also.

Three encounters. One north indian there when asked where he was from replied he was from india and was an indian. Lol . I decide not to talk further and

moved on.The second an indian lady in jeans and kurta thought I was moving in there and was feeling relieved that She could find someone to get friendly with

as she was feeling lost in tamil brahmin company there. the third was a couple in late seventies .Apparently a bureucrat claiming to be highly connected

wanting to give suggestions on how the place could be improved and telling the manager there that he is is too junior and wanted to deal with only those who

matter.

I got a hearty welcome and got treated to a nice south indian vegetarian meal complete with sambar , rasam , ghee, poriyal,kootu , thick butter milk and

pickles and papad . Got charged 70rs for that. Breakfast, lunch or dinner charge is the same.The serving staff was extremely courteous.

The residence was both 1 and 2 BHK.They were considering 50 plus as senior citizen and free in allowing others to stay with them in their flat. They were

flexible enough to say that others could stay when senior citizen goes off for a few months in a year elsewhere.

The flats were excellent and most had got the bedrooms, hall and kitchen done up in style with woodwork and fancy light fittings besides decent furniture.

Only difference from normal living was only one had to live with senior citizens and have them for company. The ones I met did not appear to be there by

choice and perhaps each had a story to share.

If I go there again, I will fish for some interesting story of inmates to share with you all.
    Krishji,
    Please pm me the name, address, contact no. And price details for a 1bhk with info on likely rent if taken on hire. A close friend wants. Thanx.
    Giving someone a piece of your soul is better than giving a piece of your heart. Because souls are eternal. --Helen Boswell
  11. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thumbs Up/Down

Quote Originally Posted by Vaagmi View Post
    Krishji,
    Please pm me the name, address, contact no. And price details for a 1bhk with info on likely rent if taken on hire. A close friend wants. Thanx.
    The one I visited is sold out.

However the builder has started booking for a fresh one.

rentals may be 8-9000 pm . plus maintenance of rs 7/sqft. food 200 plus per day

Other details I am unable to PM you as your box is full. You may clear it to enable sending.
    Last edited by krish44; 08-03-2017 at 02:12 PM.
  13. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 87/27
    Given: 30/43

The one I visited is sold out.

However the builder has started booking for a fresh one.

rentals may be 8-9000 pm . plus maintenance of rs 7/sqft. food 200 plus per day

Other details I am unable to PM you as your box is full. You may clear it to enable sending.
    Inbox is cleared.
    Giving someone a piece of your soul is better than giving a piece of your heart. Because souls are eternal. --Helen Boswell
  15. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thumbs Up/Down

Quote Originally Posted by Vaagmi View Post
    Inbox is cleared.
    Sent.Hope you have received.regards
  17. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thumbs Up/Down

It might be wiser to take it on rent for a year before buyout.

No sense in locking money in property purchase in this economic environment
  19. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast