• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Retirement Home

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been reading a lot about retirement homes and had been wanting to visit one for a long time.

This week I happened to get first hand experience of one in bangalore popular with tamil brahmins set up by a builder with presence in chennai and coimbotore.

One of my relatives had bought a 1 BHK there and I went along with him to collect possession of the flat.

It is located near new airport at devanahalli in bangalore.

It had just begun filling up with entrants.

Firstly most appeared to be well off and it was catering to upper middle class.Only most appeared to be late sixties or early seventies.

Some were from other states also.

Three encounters. One north indian there when asked where he was from replied he was from india and was an indian. Lol . I decide not to talk further and

moved on.The second an indian lady in jeans and kurta thought I was moving in there and was feeling relieved that She could find someone to get friendly with

as she was feeling lost in tamil brahmin company there. the third was a couple in late seventies .Apparently a bureucrat claiming to be highly connected

wanting to give suggestions on how the place could be improved and telling the manager there that he is is too junior and wanted to deal with only those who

matter.

I got a hearty welcome and got treated to a nice south indian vegetarian meal complete with sambar , rasam , ghee, poriyal,kootu , thick butter milk and

pickles and papad . Got charged 70rs for that. Breakfast, lunch or dinner charge is the same.The serving staff was extremely courteous.

The residence was both 1 and 2 BHK.They were considering 50 plus as senior citizen and free in allowing others to stay with them in their flat. They were

flexible enough to say that others could stay when senior citizen goes off for a few months in a year elsewhere.

The flats were excellent and most had got the bedrooms, hall and kitchen done up in style with woodwork and fancy light fittings besides decent furniture.

Only difference from normal living was only one had to live with senior citizens and have them for company. The ones I met did not appear to be there by

choice and perhaps each had a story to share.

If I go there again, I will fish for some interesting story of inmates to share with you all.

hi

i need address./telephone...i am looking for such 1 bhk in bangalore...pricing too...

TBSgaru

I will PM you .

Are you planning to rent one or buy one?
hi

thanks.....i have personal experiences of retirement homes in coimbatore and chennai....in fact my own family had with in chennai...

i like to buy in bangalore.....im not happy with coimbatore/chennai personally...

I have been reading a lot about retirement homes and had been wanting to visit one for a long time.

This week I happened to get first hand experience of one in bangalore popular with tamil brahmins set up by a builder with presence in chennai and coimbotore.

One of my relatives had bought a 1 BHK there and I went along with him to collect possession of the flat.

It is located near new airport at devanahalli in bangalore.

It had just begun filling up with entrants.

Firstly most appeared to be well off and it was catering to upper middle class.Only most appeared to be late sixties or early seventies.

Some were from other states also.

Three encounters. One north indian there when asked where he was from replied he was from india and was an indian. Lol . I decide not to talk further and

moved on.The second an indian lady in jeans and kurta thought I was moving in there and was feeling relieved that She could find someone to get friendly with

as she was feeling lost in tamil brahmin company there. the third was a couple in late seventies .Apparently a bureucrat claiming to be highly connected

wanting to give suggestions on how the place could be improved and telling the manager there that he is is too junior and wanted to deal with only those who

matter.

I got a hearty welcome and got treated to a nice south indian vegetarian meal complete with sambar , rasam , ghee, poriyal,kootu , thick butter milk and

pickles and papad . Got charged 70rs for that. Breakfast, lunch or dinner charge is the same.The serving staff was extremely courteous.

The residence was both 1 and 2 BHK.They were considering 50 plus as senior citizen and free in allowing others to stay with them in their flat. They were

flexible enough to say that others could stay when senior citizen goes off for a few months in a year elsewhere.

The flats were excellent and most had got the bedrooms, hall and kitchen done up in style with woodwork and fancy light fittings besides decent furniture.

Only difference from normal living was only one had to live with senior citizens and have them for company. The ones I met did not appear to be there by

choice and perhaps each had a story to share.

If I go there again, I will fish for some interesting story of inmates to share with you all.
Krishji,
Please pm me the name, address, contact no. And price details for a 1bhk with info on likely rent if taken on hire. A close friend wants. Thanx.

Krishji,
Please pm me the name, address, contact no. And price details for a 1bhk with info on likely rent if taken on hire. A close friend wants. Thanx.
The one I visited is sold out.

However the builder has started booking for a fresh one.

rentals may be 8-9000 pm . plus maintenance of rs 7/sqft. food 200 plus per day

Other details I am unable to PM you as your box is full. You may clear it to enable sending.

Last edited:
The one I visited is sold out.

However the builder has started booking for a fresh one.

rentals may be 8-9000 pm . plus maintenance of rs 7/sqft. food 200 plus per day

Other details I am unable to PM you as your box is full. You may clear it to enable sending.

Inbox is cleared.

It might be wiser to take it on rent for a year before buyout.

No sense in locking money in property purchase in this economic environment

Krish Sir

I will be grateful if you PM me also the cost & other details of both rent & ownership[/QUOTE

I am unable to PM you.

Perhaps it is because you are a new member.

However you may google retirement homes near devanahalli new airport bangalore and locate the site easily.

In fact all major property players are going in for multi storied retirement flats in residential townships around devanahalli airport.

It might be a great place to live after another four or five years after the area fully develops.

Bangalore city has become a mess and it is not worth living with heavy traffic,pollution,water scarcity,overflowing dirty lakes like belandur,

Since it is cosmopolitan, it adds to its population faster than any other metro.

Crime rates and violence against women is taking an upturn.

For senior citizen , a secure flat with all amenities and far from the madding crowd near airport with hospitals is worth considering.

My relative is considering renting out the flat to use it at a future date as he is young [by senior citizen age standards] and keeping it as an option for the future.

At last....... Krish Sir talks good about retirement homes which I call as 'Senior resorts'! :cool: and :thumb:

At last....... Krish Sir talks good about retirement homes which I call as 'Senior resorts'! :cool: and :thumb:
I only coldly analysed the facilities in a retirement home and its utility to seniors.

I talked of the positives .

I also did mention about the mental status of the senior residents there and their abnormal behaviour.

They appeared to be in a make believe world of their own

I only coldly analysed the facilities in a retirement home and its utility to seniors.

I talked of the positives .

I also did mention about the mental status of the senior residents there and their abnormal behaviour.

They appeared to be in a make believe world of their own

I met one of our friends who moved into one of those 5 star retirement hangout in Pondicherry few months back It looks great and complimented about the choice this was respons - I chose this as it is even "சுடு காடு " attached - This transit lounge comfortable like The Changie where I spent 6 hrs to catch the flight to Sydney I could see bitterness and unhappiness - happily uncomfortable or rather uncomfortably happy - it is very close to சுடு காடு is a.reality!

Recently, we met three families who chose 3 star, 4 star and 5 star in Senior resorts in Coimbatore.

Since their selection was perfect according to their financial status, they are all happy! :)

So, happiness is within yourself.
icon3.png

OK rajiramji

I will give my relatives flat on rent for 11 months.

Find somebody who will find happiness there.

Let us spread happiness.lol

Retirement homes really are transit lounge for the.last flight ! People who think austerity is the path and not luxury to Vaikunda prefer Sriragam glorifying it - Boologa Vaikundam and hope to leap frog into Vaikundam with no visa problem One of our friend who has moved into "Maalolam" in Sriragam after living in US for 40 years The entrance gate is named சாெர்க வாசல் ! You should find comfort zone in transit lounge!

What does 'maalolam' mean, J J ji?? :confused:

Is it the following?

Abbreviation of Maalolam

M - Moody | A - Affectionate | A - Affectionate | L - Lucky | O - Open hearted | L - Lean | A - Arrogant | M - Mind-blowing

hi krish sir,

just read this article in tamil...i liked it.....its reality....

நம்புங்கள்... பல முதியோருக்கு சொந்த வீட்டை விட ஓய்வு இல்லங்களே நிம்மதி தருகிறதாம்!

By சிவசங்கரி | Published on : 10th March 2017 11:20 AM | அ+அ அ- |

old_age_home.jpg

அண்மையில் ஒரு கல்யாணத்தில் குருசாமியையும் அவர் மகள் உமாவையும் சந்தித்தேன். அதே மரியாதை, அன்புகலந்த பேச்சு, புன்னகை நிறைந்த முகங்கள். குருசாமியை எனக்குப் பல வருஷங்களாகத் தெரியும்... அரசு வேலை பார்த்து ஓய்வு பெற்றவர். அவர் மனைவி சாரதாவும் நானும் கல்லூரித் தோழிகள். அவர்களுக்கு ஒரு மகன், ஒரு மகள். பத்து வருடங்களுக்கு முன் சாரதா இறந்துவிட்டாள். அமெரிக்காவில் இருக்கும் தன் மகன் விடாமல் அழைத்தான் என்பதற்காக சில முறை அங்கு சென்ற குருசாமி, இரண்டு மாதங்களுக்கு மேல் தங்க இயலாமல் ஊர்திரும்பிவிட்டார். "மகனும் மருமகளும் ரொம்ப அன்பாகத்தான் இருக்கிறார்கள்... க்ரீன் கார்ட் வாங்கிக்கொண்டு எங்களுடனேயே தங்கிவிடுங்கள் என்று கூறுகிறார்கள். ஆனால், எனக்குத்தான் பொருந்தவில்லை. மைலாப்பூர் மாடவீதிகளில் காலாற நடப்பதும், நண்பர்களுடன் நாகேஸ்வர ராவ் பார்க்கில் அமர்ந்து அரட்டையடிப்பதும் வேண்டியிருக்கிறதே, என்ன செய்ய' என்றார் என்னிடம் ஒருதரம், சின்னச் சிரிப்போடு. கடந்த சில வருடங்களாக மகளோடுதான் சேர்ந்து வசிக்கிறார். "உங்களை முன்போல அடிக்கடி காண முடிவதில்லையே ஆரோக்கியம் நன்றாக இருக்கிறதல்லவா' என்று நான் கேட்டதும், உற்சாகமாய் தலையசைத்தார் குருசாமி. "ஆண்டவன் புண்ணியத்தில் எந்த நலக்கேடும் இல்லாமல் செளக்கியமாய் இருக்கிறேன். என்ன... பாண்டிச்சேரியில் இருப்பதால், நினைத்தபோது இங்கு வரமுடிவதில்லை. ஆனால், அது ஒன்றும் பெரிய குறையாக இல்லை...' என்றவர், என் வியப்பைப் புரிந்துகொண்டு தானே விளக்கினார். உமாவின் பதினாலு வயசுப் பெண் ரம்யா. மாநில டேபிள் டென்னிஸ் சாம்பியன் என்பதால், அடிக்கடி போட்டிகளுக்காகவும், பயிற்சிக்காகவும் வெளியூர் செல்ல நேரிடுகிறதாம். வயசுப் பெண்ணை தனியாக அனுப்ப விருப்பமின்றி உமாவும் கூடச் செல்லவேண்டிய நிர்ப்பந்தம் இருப்பதால், ஆறுமாசத்திற்கு முன் பாண்டிச்சேரியில் இருக்கும் ஒரு நல்ல ஓய்வு இல்லத்தில் - ரிடையர்மென்ட் ஹோமில் - குருசாமி சேர்ந்திருக்கிறாராம். இடம் ரொம்ப சுத்தமாக, சாப்பாடு ருசியாக இருக்கிறதாம். சின்னச்சின்ன உபாதைகளைக் கவனிக்க சின்னதாய் ஒரு க்ளினிக் இருக்கிறதாம். உடம்புக்கு முடியவில்லை என்றால், ஆஸ்பத்திரியில் கொண்டுசேர்க்க ஆம்புலன்ஸ் இருக்கிறதாம். "எங்கள் குடியிருப்புக்குள்ளேயே கோவில், கடை என்று சகலமும் இருக்கின்றன. நாள்கிழமைகளில் சங்கீதக் கச்சேரி, உபன்யாசங்கள், வாரம் ஒருமுறை சினிமா என்று அத்தனை வசதிகளும் உள்ளன. என் மைலாப்பூர் நண்பர்களில் சிலரும் அங்கு வந்துவிட்டார்கள். ஆக, சுத்தமான சூழல், வாய்க்கு ருசியாய் சாப்பாடு, அரட்டையடிக்க நண்பர்கள் என்று சுவாரஸ்யமாய் வாழ்க்கை நகர்ந்து கொண்டிருக்கிறது' - பேசியவர் முகத்திலும் பேச்சிலும் திருப்தி. "நான் ஊரில் இருந்தால் சனி, ஞாயிறு அப்பாவை வீட்டுக்குக் கூட்டி வந்துவிடுவேன்... திருமணம், விசேஷம் என்றால், அழைத்துவந்துவிடுகிறேன்.
அப்பாவைத் தனியாக விட்டுவிட்டு ஊருக்குப் போகிறோமே என்ற பதைப்பு இப்போது எனக்கு இல்லை. ரொம்ப நிம்மதியாய் இருக்கிறோம்' எந்தக் குற்றவுணர்வுமின்றி யதார்த்தமாய் பேசிய உமாவையும், தலையசைத்து ஆமோதித்த குருசாமியையும் பார்த்தபோது, நாற்பது வருஷங்களுக்கு முன் நிலவிய சூழல் என ஞாபகத்துக்கு வந்தது. முதுமை என்பது விபத்து அல்ல... அது ஒவ்வொரு நாளும் நம்மை நோக்கி வந்துகொண்டிருப்பது. அதற்கு மனசாலும் உடம்பாலும் தயாராவது அவசியம் என்ற விழிப்புணர்வு எனக்குள் தோன்றிய பிறகு, அதுகுறித்து கட்டுரைகளும் புதினமும் எழுதிய நாள்கள் அவை. அப்போதெல்லாம் ஓய்வு இல்லங்கள் கிடையாது... முதியோர் இல்லங்கள்தாம் இங்கொன்றும் அங்கொன்றுமாய் செயல்பட்டுக்கொண்டிருந்தன. ஆதரவற்றவர்களை வைத்துப் பராமரித்த அந்த இல்லங்களில், வேண்டாத சுமையாகிவிட்ட தாய் } தந்தையைக் கொண்டுவந்து தள்ளிவிட்ட நிலையில், பெற்றவர்களுக்கும் நிம்மதியில்லை, பிள்ளைகளுக்கும் சந்தோஷம் இல்லை. வாழ்க்கை முறை மாறிவிட்டது. முன்பு கிராமங்களில் தாழ்வாரமும் முற்றமும் தோட்டமுமாய் நாலுகட்டு வீட்டில் கூட்டுக் குடும்பமாய் வாழ்ந்தது காணாமல்போய், நகரங்களில் புறாக்கூண்டு போன்ற ஃபிளாட்டுகளில் வசிக்க நேரும்போது, இடங்கள் மட்டும் குறுகிவிடவில்லை... மனித மனங்களிலும் வெகுவாக ஈரமும் இடமும் குறைந்துபோயின. என் பெற்றோரை நான் பார்த்துக்கொண்டதுபோல, என் முதுமையில் என்னை என் பிள்ளைகள் கவனிக்க வேண்டும் என்ற முதியோர்களின் எதிர்பார்ப்பு ஒருபக்கம் என்றால், வருகிற வருமானத்தில் என் குழந்தைகளின் எதிர்காலத்தை நினைப்பேனா, அல்லது இவர்களைக் கவனிப்பேனா, நிலைமை புரிந்து அனுசரித்துப்போகாதவரை வைத்துக்கொண்டு என்ன செய்ய என்று புலம்பிய இளைய தலைமுறை இன்னொரு பக்கம். முதுமையை எதிர்நோக்க, பொருளாதார, உடல், மன ரீதியாக தங்களைத் தயார்பண்ணிக்கொள்ள வேண்டும் என்கிற பிரக்ஞை பல பெரியவர்களிடம் இல்லாததும், இன்றைக்கு நாம் வாழும் வாழ்க்கையை அமைத்துக்கொடுத்த மூத்தவர் பொறுப்பை முடிந்த அளவாவது ஏற்க வேண்டும் என்கிற உறுதி இளைய தலைமுறையினரிடமும் வளராமல் போனது, பிரச்சினையை பூதாகாரமாக்கியது. அன்று, முதியோர் பிரச்னையின் தீவிரத்தைப் புரிந்துகொள்ள, அவலமான சூழ்நிலையில் நான் சந்தித்த நபர்கள் அனேகம். கண்களில் சோகமும் பயமும் வெளிச்சம்போட, "இனி எங்கள் கதி என்ன?' என்ற பதைப்போடு பேசிய நவநீதம் அம்மாள், ருக்மிணிப் பாட்டி, கதிரேசன் சார்... நவநீதம் அம்மாள் - ஒரு காலத்தில் மிராசுதாரின் மனைவியாக வாழ்ந்தவர். குழந்தைகள் இல்லை. கணவர் இறந்த பிறகு, தங்கையின் பிள்ளையைத் தத்து எடுத்துக் கொண்டார். அந்த மகானுபாவன், பணம், நகை, சொத்து பூராவும் கொஞ்சம் கொஞ்சமாய் பிடுங்கிக் கொண்டான். தன் எதிர்காலத்துக்கு என்று இவர் மறைத்து வைத்த தங்க பெல்ட் கிட்டவில்லை என்பதால் தோல்பெல்ட்டால் விளாசினதில், இரண்டு தரம் எலும்பு முறிவுகூட ஏற்பட்டிருந்தது. அத்தனையும் போதாதென்று, புத்தூர் மூலிகை வைத்தியம் செய்து கட்டியிருந்ததையும் ஒருநாள் கோபத்தில் அந்தப் பிள்ளை பிரித்துவிட, கால் எலும்பு முறிவு சேராமல்போய், நிரந்தரமாய் முடமாகிப்போனவர் அவர். ருக்மிணிப் பாட்டி - கல்யாணமாகும் முன்னரே, அவர் கணவனுக்கு அண்ணியுடன் தொடர்பு இருந்ததாம். அண்ணா இறந்த பிறகு இந்த உறவு இறுக, தாலி கட்டியவரும் அண்ணியும் ஆட்டிவைத்த ஆட்டல் சொல்லி மாளாதாம். ஒருநாள் அண்ணி பேச்சைக் கேட்டுக்கொண்டு கணவர் நகைகளைக் கேட்க, கொஞ்சம் கொடுத்துவிட்டு கொஞ்சத்தை மறுக்க... அப்புறமென்ன? வீட்டைவிட்டு விரட்டல்தான். படிப்பு வாசனை இல்லாத பெண்களால் சுலபமாகச் செய்யக்கூடிய வேலையான சமையல் வேலையைச் செய்துகொண்டு காலத்தை ஓட்டியவருக்கு வாதம் வந்தபின், அதுவும் நின்றுபோயிற்று. இருந்த நகையை விற்றுச் சாப்பிட்டு, அடுத்த வேளை சாப்பாட்டுக்குக்கூட வழியில்லாமல் யார் வீட்டுத் திண்ணையிலோ முடங்கிக்கிடந்தவர். சீர்வரிசைகளை ஏற்றுக்கொண்டபின், முகம் கோணல் என்று கணவனால் ஒதுக்கித்தள்ளப்பட்ட பெண்மணி. அமெரிக்காவில் நியூ ஜெர்ஸியில் குடித்தனம் பண்ணிவிட்டு, பிள்ளை இறந்ததும் மருமகளால் அனாதையாக விடப்பட்ட பாட்டி. பாஷை தெரியாமல் எங்காவது திண்டாடினாலும் சரி, நம்மை விட்டால் போதுமென்று வடக்கே போகும் ரயிலில் சொந்தப் பிள்ளையாலேயே ஏற்றிவிடப்பட்டுத் தவித்த பெருமாள்... ஒற்றைப் பிள்ளையைக் கண்ணுக்குள் வைத்து, வளர்த்துவிட்டு, அவனது சம்பாத்தியத்தில் ருசிகண்டதால் அவனுக்குக் கல்யாணம் கூடச் செய்துவைக்க பிடிக்காமல், கடைசியில் ஊர் நிர்ப்பந்தத்துக்காகச் செய்வித்து, கட்டினவளோடு அவனை ஓரிரவு முழுசாய் படுக்கவிடாமல், சதா பிள்ளையை "பெண்டாட்டி தாசன்' என்று குறை சொல்லி, அவனது வெறுப்பை சம்பாதித்துக் கொண்ட கதிரேசன் சார்... இளைய தலைமுறையினரின் முறைகேடான நடத்தையால் அனாதையான முதியவர்கள் என்றில்லாமல், தாங்களாகவே தங்கள் தலையில் மண்ணை வாரிப்போட்டுக்கொண்ட பெரியவர்கள் எத்தனை எத்தனை பேர்! யாரைச் சொல்ல? யாரை விட? ஆனால், இப்போது அப்படியில்லை. முழுமையாகத் தீர்வு உண்டாகாவிடினும், இருபாலரிடமும் இதுகுறித்து ஓரளவுக்கு விழிப்புணர்வு வந்திருப்பது ஆறுதல் அளிப்பதாக உள்ளது. என் உடல்நலத்தைக் கவனித்துக்கொண்டு, முதுமைக்காகக் கொஞ்சம் பணம் சேர்த்து வைத்துக்கொள்வதோடு, என் குழந்தைகளின் கஷ்டம் புரிந்து கூடுமானவரையில் என் காலில் நிற்க முயற்சிப்பேன் என்கிற ரீதியில் பல முதியோர் சிந்திக்கத் தொடங்கியிருப்பதும், நம்மோடு வைத்துக்கொள்ள முடியாவிட்டாலும், ஓர் ஓய்வு இல்லத்தில் சகல வசதிகளுடன் வாழச் செய்து, அவ்வப்போது சென்று கவனித்துக்கொள்வோம் என்று சில இளைய தலைமுறையினர் முடிவுசெய்து செயல்பட முனைவதும் ஆரோக்கியமான
விஷயமே. காலம் மாறிவிட்டது. இந்த நிலையில், இன்னமும் பழைய பழக்கங்களையே நினைத்துக்கொண்டு, எதிர்பார்த்து, ஏமாந்து, அடிபட்டு, உடைந்துபோவது தவிர்க்கப்பட வேண்டும். இன்றைய யதார்த்தத்தை ஏற்றுக்கொண்டு, அதன்படி வாழப் பழகுவது அனைவருக்குமே நிம்மதியைத் தரும்.

Last edited:
அப்போதெல்லாம் ஓய்வு இல்லங்கள் கிடையாது... முதியோர் இல்லங்கள்தாம் இங்கொன்றும் அங்கொன்றுமாய் செயல்பட்டுக்கொண்டிருந்தன.

There is a vast difference between these two types (in bold letters above)!! :cool:

Hence I call 'Senior Resort' and not 'Senior citizen Home'! :)

The real issue is that most families lack balance.

Most Seniors mismanage their finances . Many take heavy loans to finance the education and marriages of children not caring for their own future. Their assumption is

children will pay back in terms of physical and financial support when they age.Children with aspirations to live abroad are unable to be physically near parents all the time. Most

might support financially but some might expect services like looking after their kids abroad if both son/daughter and spouse are working. Many parents are unable to

fulfill these expectations as they are uncomfortable in a foreign land. These families become dysfunctional.

In extreme cases, old parents do not get both physical and financial support from children.

The two factors which have contributed maximum to the misery of seniors is working educated daughter/daughter in laws who have abdicated their home role to look

after parents.Son/Sil are still worse as they tend to be more callous than daughter/daughter in law.Added to that seniors are particular and choosy about their lifestyle

and are not accommodating to live with next generation under the same roof.

In upmarket retirement homes there is atleast good accommodation and food besides someone to respond in medical emergency.In others these homes are wanting in

these also as it is a matter of economics. In fact here seniors become virtual prisoners dumped by their children.

We need to have stronger laws for senior abuse to fix the errant next generation.

There are many abandoned parents in north whose children have grabbed their property and thrown them out on the streets and have become destitutes.

It is sad that well off are reduced to this in advanced age.

I think only Trump can fix the indian next generation.

He is raising the qualification bar high for new entrants .

He can ensure financial security for parents of indians before they enter the US for work

He can also make laws punishing the indians not supporting parents in india by deporting them.

He has fixed the quality standards of indian pharma and indian professionals.

He can do something good for half deserted indian parents back home of children in US.

Last edited:
ஆறுமாசத்திற்கு முன் பாண்டிச்சேரியில் இருக்கும் ஒரு நல்ல ஓய்வு இல்லத்தில் - ரிடையர்மென்ட் ஹோமில் - குருசாமி சேர்ந்திருக்கிறாராம். இடம் ரொம்ப சுத்தமாக, சாப்பாடு ருசியாக இருக்கிறதாம். சின்னச்சின்ன உபாதைகளைக் கவனிக்க சின்னதாய் ஒரு க்ளினிக் இருக்கிறதாம். உடம்புக்கு முடியவில்லை என்றால், ஆஸ்பத்திரியில் கொண்டுசேர்க்க ஆம்புலன்ஸ் இருக்கிறதாம். "எங்கள் குடியிருப்புக்குள்ளேயே கோவில், கடை என்று சகலமும் இருக்கின்றன. நாள்கிழமைகளில் சங்கீதக் கச்சேரி, உபன்யாசங்கள், வாரம் ஒருமுறை சினிமா என்று அத்தனை வசதிகளும் உள்ளன. என் மைலாப்பூர் நண்பர்களில் சிலரும் அங்கு வந்துவிட்டார்கள். ஆக, சுத்தமான சூழல், வாய்க்கு ருசியாய் சாப்பாடு, அரட்டையடிக்க நண்பர்கள் என்று சுவாரஸ்யமாய் வாழ்க்கை நகர்ந்து கொண்டிருக்கிறது' - பேசியவர் முகத்திலும் பேச்சிலும் திருப்தி.

முதுமை என்பது விபத்து அல்ல... அது ஒவ்வொரு நாளும் நம்மை நோக்கி வந்துகொண்டிருப்பது. அதற்கு மனசாலும் உடம்பாலும் தயாராவது அவசியம் என்ற விழிப்புணர்வு எனக்குள் தோன்றிய பிறகு, அதுகுறித்து கட்டுரைகளும் புதினமும் எழுதிய நாள்கள் அவை. அப்போதெல்லாம் ஓய்வு இல்லங்கள் கிடையாது... முதியோர் இல்லங்கள்தாம் இங்கொன்றும் அங்கொன்றுமாய் செயல்பட்டுக்கொண்டிருந்தன. ஆதரவற்றவர்களை வைத்துப் பராமரித்த அந்த இல்லங்களில், வேண்டாத சுமையாகிவிட்ட தாய் } தந்தையைக் கொண்டுவந்து தள்ளிவிட்ட நிலையில், பெற்றவர்களுக்கும் நிம்மதியில்லை, பிள்ளைகளுக்கும் சந்தோஷம் இல்லை.
காலம் மாறிவிட்டது. இந்த நிலையில், இன்னமும் பழைய பழக்கங்களையே நினைத்துக்கொண்டு, எதிர்பார்த்து, ஏமாந்து, அடிபட்டு, உடைந்துபோவது தவிர்க்கப்பட வேண்டும். இன்றைய யதார்த்தத்தை ஏற்றுக்கொண்டு, அதன்படி வாழப் பழகுவது அனைவருக்குமே நிம்மதியைத் தரும்.

tbs Ji,

Thanks for sharing this article.....

A
Retirement Home may slightly differ from a Senior Citizen Home

For some it may prove a bane and for few it may prove a blessing

In the end it is attitude to change ...that matters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back