• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

PDS beneficiaries can go for ‘give it up’ option

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Rudhran

[h=1]Like Modi Governments ‘Give it up LPG subsidy’…….. Tamil Nadu Government implements ‘Give it up PDS benefits…… drive….[/h]
[h=1]PDS beneficiaries can go for ‘give it up’ option[/h]A few months after the launch of the National Food Security Act (NFSA) in the State, the public distribution system (PDS) authorities have quietly begun a “give it up” drive, covering all the essential commodities that are being provided at heavily subsidised rates.

Though there is no formal announcement regarding the drive, any PDS beneficiary can give up all the commodities permanently or block them for a specified period by visiting the website (https://tnpds.com). One can open an online account, by registering with the website the details such as number of ration card, mobile phone, and Aadhaar. Aimed at about 1.91-crore rice-drawing cards, the “give it up” option covers not only rice, sugar, toor dhal, urad dhal and wheat, but also the Pongal gift pack.

Meanwhile, since November [when the Act came into force] there have been complaints of non-availability or irregular supply of rice, even though officials in charge of fair price shops (FPS) are bound under the NFSA to ensure the provision of five kg of rice per month per person. The policy of the government is supply rice free of cost.

Read more at: http://www.thehindu.com/news/nation...t-up-option/article17368769.ece?homepage=true

There are also complaints that those who have not obtained any commodity have received messages on their mobile phones that billing has been done against their cards.
The message in the quote is true!

A message in our mobile says that we got 5 Kg of sugar for this month but we never went near the ration shop!!

Malpractice is the order of the day! :sad:

The message in the quote is true!

A message in our mobile says that we got 5 Kg of sugar for this month but we never went near the ration shop!!

Malpractice is the order of the day! :sad:

I agree :)

Time to use the aadhar card to register purchases... and that too from the fingerprint and iris readers... only then can this loot be contained.

There is a provision to send a SMS: PDS<space>107 to 9980904040 in case you receive any SMS about items you never purchased.

The existing cards were issued during the year 2005.

Reports say that the Government is spending several crore on issuing of Smart Cards

Years passed and now we have a Government headed by a new C.M.

Will this Government address this issue and deliver the long pending Smart Cards……..??

Smart cards to replace ration cards

The State government had allocated Rs. 318 crore for developing smart cards that would replace the existing ration cards, Food Minister R. Kamaraj informed the Assembly here on Thursday.

He was responding to a question from CPI (M) member P. Dilli Babu who raised several issues including non-availability of lentils under the Public Distribution System.

The Minister said the process of moving to smart cards had begun and the scheme would be introduced initially in 39 PDS shops in Chennai and Tiruchi. Chief Minister Jayalalithaa will be launching the scheme shortly, the Minister said.
Mr. Dilli Babu said: “I went to the shop and the shopkeeper told me that there is no stock of tuvaram paruppu (Toor dhal). If 500 card holders are attached to the shop then it should have 500 kg of each of the grains, but that is not happening.”

To this complaint, the Minister replied that though the Central government had stopped subsidy, the State government continued with it and ensured that needy beneficiaries were provided the grains. The government had issued 35 lakh cards so far and at present 2.90 crore ration cards were in circulation, Mr. Kamaraj said.
According to the policy note, between May 16, 2011 and July 31, 2015, the enforcement wing had detained 736 persons for smuggling of essential commodities. The Civil Supplies CID had detained a total of 113 persons so far this year. Last year, 122 persons had been nabbed.

Source: http://www.thehindu.com/news/nation...ds-to-replace-ration-cards/article7613816.ece

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Smart ration cards will be issued soon: Food Minister

Joining issue with DMK leader M.K. Stalin, who questioned the delay in issuing smart ration cards, Food Minister R. Kamaraj on Monday said the cards would be issued in a few months, as about 49 per cent of the ration cards in the State with Aadhaar numbers of all family members, had been registered digitally.

Responding to charges levelled by Mr. Stalin raised on Sunday, the Minister said of the 2.03 crore ration cards, the Aadhaar cards details of all the members of the family had been collected in about 92.51 lakh ration cards (49 per cent), while details of Aadhaar details of at least one of the members of the card had been registered in the case of 87.32 lakh cards.

Besides, about 10.50 lakh cards, which do not have Aadhaar details of all the members, have been registered digitally. In total, details of 1.90 crore cards of the 2.03 crore cards have been registered, he said.

LinK: Read more at: http://www.thehindu.com/news/nation...issued-soon-Food-Minister/article16981796.ece

I once had a ration card more than 25 years back.

When I moved to my own flat,I surrendered and got a transfer slip.

When I went for a new card, the Rationing officer denied me the card .

I think it had to do with income level

I simply forgot about it.

I have never felt the need for one.

I cannot give up what I do not have.

Bad luck.lol

Delhis PDS has virtually collapsed.

Mostly all grains are out of stock.

Only poorest of the poor flock such places.

When I see such a smoothly oiled PDS in south india -specially tamilnadu, I feel almost jealous.

Still many Tamils complain about the PDS there.

They do not count their blessings.

Nothing is available in PDS in Sing Chennai. There is a reply 'No stock!'.

We were updating our ration card once in three months because it seemed to be THE card to prove that you exist!

Now that Adhar card is available, most of us don't care about ration shops but those guys bill for all the stuff we are eligible

to buy and sell in the black market. It is a very well known fact.

Corruption is a national phenomenon.

If there is dual pricing and PDS price being different from market price , then distortions creep in .

There is temptation to divert supplies to open market and make money.

It is well known that rationed grains find their way to hotels and adjoining states to tamilnadu.

We can do cash transfer as ration subsidy and do away with dual pricing

It is the right of the public to look upon the Government to provide basic necessities like Roti, Kapdaa our Makaan.

It is a welfare measure extended by the ruling Government to the general public who are below poverty line.

The effectiveness of this measure lies in its implementation… fool proof

This depends on the Government which was elected by the very same public.

And they know very well what they deserve….

Rationing was introduced by the british to serve the indian troops and general public was added to it to ensure that supplies are made available.

After independance, the british went away and indian govt continued with it.

After record harvests, it is insensible to continue with an outdated system.

We should scrap rationing at the earliest.

It is irrelevant in modern context.

Matter of time , we will hear about its replacement with cash subsidy and single pricing for grains.

Corruption is a national phenomenon.

If there is dual pricing and PDS price being different from market price , then distortions creep in .

There is temptation to divert supplies to open market and make money.

It is well known that rationed grains find their way to hotels and adjoining states to tamilnadu.

We can do cash transfer as ration subsidy and do away with dual pricing

There is electricity theft. So switch of electricity completely?

The poor sections of the society need a supporting mechanism so that they too survive amidst iflationary spiral until they become better.

So ration shops or PDS outlets are necessary.

Misuse has to be dealt with strictly as per law and that requires political will.

Smart cards may be just one of the solutions. Let us wait and see how it works.

There is electricity theft. So switch of electricity completely?

The poor sections of the society need a supporting mechanism so that they too survive amidst iflationary spiral until they become better.

So ration shops or PDS outlets are necessary.

Misuse has to be dealt with strictly as per law and that requires political will.

Smart cards may be just one of the solutions. Let us wait and see how it works.

hi

i agreed....poor /middle class still use PDS system....எலிக்கு பயந்து வீட்டை எரிக்க முடியாது .....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back