• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Enlightening experiences

Status
Not open for further replies.

sravna

Recently I have been getting spiritual experiences which totally transforms your attitude towards anything. I absolutely see no ego while at it and am able to quite well view things from others perspectives. The transformation cannot be totally put in words.

As I said before the experiences are more frequent and longer lasting. I now believe that there is a clear barrier between mundane and spiritual experiences.In order to irreversibly go into spiritual state one needs to cross that barrier.

So folks my conclusion is vedas spoke the truth and spiritual state is no delusion but more real than the mundane state we are in.

Last edited:
OMG Sravna...you mean to say you had a doubt that Vedas was not speaking the Truth and finally needed to come to your own conclusion?

Its a Public Holiday for Thaipusam here today..we are one the fortunate Muslim countries that gets a holiday for Thaipusam.

Dear Sravna,

How different is the present experience from the past experiences?

Since you say its evidence based...what is evidence?

Dear Renuka,

In the past it would occur to me that certain experiences would happen. But now they are actually happening. They are almost total immunity to health problems,more youthful and lncreasing harmony in physical appearance and thoughts.

Dear Sravna,

Some very slowly compared to others becos they have healthier lifestyle practices and good genes.

I have noticed my obese patients 99% of them have unhealthy lifestyle habits..they consume loads of sugary food..take aerated drinks..do not want to exercise and not very keen to make changes at any level.

Its as if they are genetically programmed to make wrong food and lifestyle choices in life..very few are motivated.

Then you have those who are very particular of what they consume, exercise and are motivated..naturally they look younger and have better health.

Now coming to mental alertness..again its a matter of personal choice...some read more...challenge their brain more.
They keep themselves alert.

Harmony of thoughts word and deeds comes over time as we age cos we tend to "settle" down and make choices that makes us feel stable and secure...in other words "auto pilot" mode.

Dear Renuka,

It is a minute by minute change. It is as if the body is resistant to change but spiritual energy is making it happen. Whenever there is surge in energy youthfulness, beauty and spiritual experiences increase.

Folks I think something important is happening and you'll hear more about it in the near future.

Dear Renuka,

It is a minute by minute change. It is as if the body is resistant to change but spiritual energy is making it happen. Whenever there is surge in energy youthfulness, beauty and spiritual experiences increase.

Folks I think something important is happening and you'll hear more about it in the near future.

Sravna...as I age still heads turn when I walk on the road!LOL

Its just age related increase in confidence and personality that makes one looks more attractive with time.

Sravna...as I age still heads turn when I walk on the road!LOL

Its just age related increase in confidence and personality that makes one looks more attractive with time.
Dear Renuka,

Wait for sometime. You will understand.

Dear Sravna..
Why all mega serial like to keep on and on and on waiting for next frame.

Dear Renuka,

Because effects of spiritual energy I think unfold in a logical way. I am seeing constant gradual increase in energy. For effects to be externally perceptible it will take some time. But the good thing is I believe the wait is almost over.

Arey yaar...if the wait is over..then why are you making me wait!!
I like everything ASAP.

Give it to me Sravna!!! I want answers.

Arey yaar...if the wait is over..then why are you making me wait!!
I like everything ASAP.

Give it to me Sravna!!! I want answers.

ASAPossible. That's how its happening.

To make more clear what I am talking about, the spiritual energy is working on mind and body towards perfection.and it is something that seems very significant and consequential because to my knowledge this phenomenon is unheard of. We know that rishis do penance and obtain power but now it is automatically happening.

So all I can say is you need to wait but it would be worth the wait.

To make more clear what I am talking about, the spiritual energy is working on mind and body towards perfection.and it is something that seems very significant and consequential because to my knowledge this phenomenon is unheard of. We know that rishis do penance and obtain power but now it is automatically happening.

Dear Sravna...Rishis are not into acquiring powers.

sravna,

You are doing well under grave provocations. Keep it up. LOL.

Dear Shri Vaagmi,

I never thought there was a provocation. Was there?

Sravna...you seem to be embarking on the journey of Samadarshinah but why do you still see the difference between Spiritual and Non Spiritual?

Sravna...you seem to be embarking on the journey of Samadarshinah but why do you still see the difference between Spiritual and Non Spiritual?
Good question Renuka . I am ceasing to see the difference . I believe everything is spiritual, in the sense, there is an inner purpose to everything. Only the ways or the external of different things are different.

Good question Renuka . I am ceasing to see the difference . I believe everything is spiritual, in the sense, there is an inner purpose to everything. Only the ways or the external of different things are different.

Recently I was having a conversation with a person who has a Phd in Psychology(not a medical doctor) from a different country..he was telling me that some people pray and chant while facing a distressing situation which he does not recommend becos thats a form of escapism and one does not learn to face their own fears.

He said the one should just witness the whole situation and experience the outcome and train the mind to realize that the situation was not harmful after all...this would dispel anxiety from the mind.

What say you?

Most of us Hindus have been conditioned to think that chanting of mantras while facing a distressing situation has a calming effect but the psychologist feels thats still not facing the situation and is nothing but escapism.

Recently I was having a conversation with a person who has a Phd in Psychology(not a medical doctor) from a different country..he was telling me that some people pray and chant while facing a distressing situation which he does not recommend becos thats a form of escapism and one does not learn to face their own fears.

He said the one should just witness the whole situation and experience the outcome and train the mind to realize that the situation was not harmful after all to dispel anxiety from the mind.

What say you?

Most of us Hindus have been conditioned to think that chanting of mantras whille facing a distressing situation has a calming effect but the psychologist feels thats still not facing the situation and an escapism.

Dear Renuka,

Praying means different things to different people. As the psychologist says some pray because they want to overcome fears , some do it as a ritual, some are hypocritical and so on.

But one who understands reality , praying is a means of deriving strength and peace for oneself and also as a means of requesting peace and strength for others and harmony all around. Praying is also acknowledging we are not fully adequate but are striving to reach that level. To such people it is a positive and empowering experience.

Dear Renuka,

Praying means different things to different people. As the psychologist says some pray because they want to overcome fears , some do it as a ritual, some are hypocritical and so on.

But one who understands reality , praying is a means of deriving strength and peace for oneself and also as a means of requesting peace and strength for others and harmony all around. Praying is also acknowledging we are not fully adequate but are striving to reach that level. To such people it is a positive and empowering experience.

Fair enough but he seems to feel we should slay dragons of fear/anxiety ourselves without resorting to any form of dependency including prayer/chanting.

I myself feel slaying dragons might create an aggressive approach to problems in life...what about making friends with the dragon?

Would that work? What say you?

Can we make friends with fear and anxiety?

Fair enough but he seems to feel we should slay dragons of fear/anxiety ourselves without resorting to any form of dependency including prayer/chanting.

I myself feel slaying dragons might create an aggressive approach to problems in life...what about making friends with the dragon?

Would that work? What say you?

Can we make friends with fear and anxiety?

Dear Renuka,

You do not even have to acknowledge explicitly that there is God and you are talking to Him. It can be a talk to the inner self and urging it to raise above the mundane levels and you will find that it is working if you are able to think of others in the same way you think of self.

Divinity is about being balanced between self and others and praying, in the true sense is striving for that balance.

He said the one should just witness the whole situation and experience the outcome and train the mind to realize that the situation was not harmful after all...this would dispel anxiety from the mind.

Most of us Hindus have been conditioned to think that chanting of mantras while facing a distressing situation has a calming effect but the psychologist feels thats still not facing the situation and is nothing but escapism.

I am on a flight over the pacific ocean. Everything is smooth. The atmos, the buxom airhostesses, the virrring of the jet engines, the bland vegan food served (one can enjoy it once in a while) everything is fine. The public address system cracks and captain tells you that we are above pacific ocean. and perhaps the auto pilot has taken over.

Suddenly the aircraft does a turkey role and there is a "oh Jesus" heard in the PA system and pilot comes quickly to tell you that it was just a disturbance in atmos. But as you gather your wits and look at the face of the co passengers. It is all pale. Many have their hearts in their mouth and trying hard to swallow.

Then comes the next thermal and the plane dives. The diving contineues as if there is no end. And you chant. You do not decide to witness the whole situation and experience the outcome and train the mind etc., etc., When it is a life and death situation it is God who is looked up to. Similarly when it is an extremely distressing situation it is again God entity which is remembered. All because the crisis is beyond human efforts. Period.

A psychologist may say anything. His advice here is more suitable to a man who trains as a airforce pilot. LOL. The metrics are different there and the effort to experience realize etc will be deleberate.

Perhaps I am - true my avatar - mischievous while you are very innocent. LOL.

Yes it is all how one wants to see it. While the mischievous want to give it a twist, the innocent see as it is.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back