• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

“Breaking India: Western Interventions in Dravidian and Dalit Faultlines”

Status
Not open for further replies.
In view of the menace of Tamil separatism rearing its head as in Marina agitation and earlier at Kudankulam, the book dissects the origins of these separatists....

[h=1]Breaking India: Western Interventions in Dravidian and Dalit Faultlines[/h] by Rajiv Malhotra, Aravindan Neelakandan

India's integrity is being undermined by three global networks that have well-established operating bases inside India: (i) Islamic radicalism linked with Pakistan, (ii) Maoists and Marxist radicals supported by China via intermediaries such as Nepal, and (iii) Dravidian and Dalit identity separatism being fostered by the West in the name of human rights. This book focuses on the third: the role of U.S. and European churches, academics, think-tanks, foundations, government and human rights groups in fostering separation of the identities of Dravidian and Dalit communities from the rest of India. The book is the result of five years of research, and uses information obtained in the West about foreign funding of these Indian-based activities. The research tracked the money trails that start out claiming to be for "education," "human rights," "empowerment training," and "leadership training," but end up in programs designed to produce angry youths who feel disenfranchised from Indian identity. The book reveals how outdated racial theories continue to provide academic frameworks and fuel the rhetoric that can trigger civil wars and genocides in developing countries. The Dravidian movement's 200-year history has such origins. Its latest manifestation is the "Dravidian Christianity" movement that fabricates a political and cultural history to exploit old faultlines. The book explicitly names individuals and institutions, including prominent Western ones and their Indian affiliates. Its goal is to spark an honest debate on the extent to which human rights and other "empowerment" projects are cover-ups for these nefarious activities. For more information, or to view videos about this book, visit www.breakingindia.com

The agenda and actionplans of these outfits are well documented and are well known for nationalist public. But very little is done to counter them. I will take just an example.

I belong to a small village in a southern district of Tamilnadu. The village is away from mainline urban development and is a predominently agricultural village. The village did not have a church for long. Now when I visited it last year there was a new church. That means there is a laity and a pastor. And that means a lot of money.

The village has two temples a krishna temple and a sivan temple besides many other temples for devathas. There is no regular puja in these two temples as there is no pujari available. The temples have substantial properties. I know it because my family itself had donated substantial properties to the temple during the time of my great grandfather. We know even the extent and the location. The lands are cultivated and yet the temples remain closed. The temples also own the two irrigation tanks in the village and the right to collect the fishes and manures (left in the lake bed when the water is not there) is auctioned every year twice and the income is supposed to go to these two temples but actually goes to HR & CE Board.

My question is to the mainline hindu parties. Can they not send and support a archakar/pujari to the village. I also see an opportunity there to do service to the people and become a part of the village folk. But unfortunately the parties just do not bother. They can draw a plan to recruit volunteers (from all castes), send them to these villages as pujaris of these temples and pay them to support them. In the long run they can effectively become community leaders in these villages and retain the population's faith in Hinduism which is being stolen now quietly. Away from the glare of publicity there is a plundering going on and people who matter are just turning a blind eye. That is pathetic.

In my village near Thiruvaiyaru there was no Church till the 90's...Now 2 Churches has come up there..Lot of conversion is happening..We have been silent about it & we are being taken for a royal ride...No one is serious about protecting our culture & our religion...Even if one of us is a brave Hindu, we could have prevented this proselytization..

My wife's family adopted the ancestral Temple. There was a local chieftain and devastanam board. But my wife's cousin took personal interest to revitalize the temple. He even got TVS (Iyyangars) to support this Shiva temple. The temple is thriving. Has 6 Archakas, a goshala, and a steady income. Even the local chieftain is supporting this effort. Very little corruption as my wife's cousin is still involved.

If you want it to happen, throwing money alone is not going to do it. Get involved as if it belongs to you.

In my village near Thiruvaiyaru there was no Church till the 90's...Now 2 Churches has come up there..Lot of conversion is happening..We have been silent about it & we are being taken for a royal ride...No one is serious about protecting our culture & our religion...Even if one of us is a brave Hindu, we could have prevented this proselytization..

Biggest reason is govt. All temple in India are run Govt Endowment boards and churches run by foreign NGOs. We should take back control of temple from govt, Then only we can compete with highly funded conversions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back