• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Literature on Vedha Padasalais

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Bookgirl

Hi Everyone,

I'm not too sure if this is the right place to post so correct me if I'm wrong.

I am looking for literature on older and smaller vedha padasalais. Not ones that are current or newly opened but ones that would have been in villages. Basically I'm looking for research on how the students would have lived, what the relationships between Guru and Sishyan would have been like. When they would start learning, what daily life involves. Small chores. Meals.
As many details as possible.
The time period I'm focusing on is pre-Independence and also immediately post independence what the situation would have been for these places.

I've tried searching online but most information is based in north india. So I would appreciate ANY help you could provide me. Maybe a book recommendation or something, preferably in English.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back