• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Shraddam

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can first year attashradham be performed at Gaya
hi

attshradham means VARUSHABDIHKAM.......this word ATTASHRADHAM IS TYPICAL PALAKKAD BRAHMIN WORD....NOT A COMMON

TAMIL......this first year varushabhikam is called ATTASHRADHAM...

Hello
I have a peculiar issue and need some inputs from scholars.

My father passed away 10 years back, and my father used to perform Rituals (Shardham) for my grandfather until he was alive. Once he passed away, i used do the same for my father performing yearly shardha, ammavasai tharpanam etc... And naturally i dont continue performing the shardha for my grandfather, as during the tharpanas, my grandfather is covered by default..

Now, here comes the twist.. My Grandmother (Father's mother) was alive until last month, and she passed away on Yekadasi thidhi at her age of 97 years. (I have my mother alive). While doing to ammavasai tharpanam and other rituals, i used to call my Great Grandmother, Great Great Grandmother, Great Great Great Grandmother.. (Prapithamahi, Pithu Prapithamahi, Pithu Prap. Prapithamahi)..

I did the Karma/rituals until 13th Day for my grandmother and ensured that her soul travels to the pitru loga...

Now,
1. Do i need to continue performing the Rituals (Maasigam, 6th month oonam, etc) for my Grandmother? I do intend to perform the First year Shardha for sure, but confused as to whether to pefrom this monthly/six monthly rituals??
2. How to handle the Ammavaya tharpanam in this year, as i dont want to leave that tharpanam, which i dedicate for my father?

Please let me know your inputs...

Regards
Praveen.

now you have to tel pithaamahi prapitha mahi and pithuh pithamahi. you have to do every month sodhakumpam. masyam and oona masyam ( when ever it comes ) for one year. and every year sraththam.

Thanks for your reply. Yes, I will tell that way during tharpanams from now on.. But I am little confused. As I have my mother, why should the maasyam/onna maaysam be continued? I did until 13th day, as I don't want to leave it.. And I intend to perform the first year shard ham alone. Some people suggested to give dharba to Vaathiyyar and he will perform the karma, but somehow I don't want to do that way and felt that I should do the final ceremony.... Need some more inputs please

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back