Savings - Page 3
Tamil Brahmins
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 27 of 27

Thread: Savings

  1. #21
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    I live in Chennai
    Posts
    6,318
    Downloads
    2
    Uploads
    0
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 67/79
    Given: 13/98

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by krish44 View Post
    It is this fear of losing it all and becoming penniless that makes people hold on more to their money.

    Also many write themselves off at sixty itself and start moaning and groaning about ailments [non existent in many cases] and withdraw into shells.

    Life has so much to offer.

    In new india there are careers to be made even when we are in seventies and live well.

    We can see what youngsters are upto and many are in start up mode.

    We can see if we can change and try doing what they are doing just for fun.

    We might enjoy it
    It is not fear.... some don't seems to understand... they do wander in their own dream world....

    It is expereince... repeat personal experence...

    There is no gurantee of good returns...

    One needs to watch the performnce of the company...

    Let us take care of our own performance...

    Quote Originally Posted by krish44 View Post
    Life has so much to offer.
    Yes, life has so many good things to offer than gambling and to live on speculations on matters which are volatile

    It is peace of mind that is more important ...It is bliss that is sought for.
    Last edited by V.Balasubramani; 11-01-2017 at 10:15 PM.
  2. #22
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    NCR
    Posts
    12,940
    Downloads
    3
    Uploads
    0
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 74/6
    Given: 281/15

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by krish44 View Post
    It is this fear of losing it all and becoming penniless that makes people hold on more to their money.

    Also many write themselves off at sixty itself and start moaning and groaning about ailments [non existent in many cases] and withdraw into shells.

    Life has so much to offer.

    In new india there are careers to be made even when we are in seventies and live well.

    We can see what youngsters are upto and many are in start up mode.

    We can see if we can change and try doing what they are doing just for fun.

    We might enjoy it
    The risk appetite normally decreases with age ...For a retired person, in case one is fully covered for all expenses, then the balance can be invested with a 50% allocation for risky investments..In case of a loss the person is not unduly affected as basic expenses are already covered
  3. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    If you are having a problem with a particular thread or user, please use the "REPORT POST" button beside the offending post to inform us or raise a complaint.
  4. #23
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Madurai
    Posts
    2,319
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 61/17
    Given: 12/8

    1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    பாடுபட்டுத் தேடிப் பணத்தைப் புதைத்துவைத்துக்
    கேடுகெட்ட மானிடரே கேளுங்கள் - கூடுவிட்டுங்(கு)
    ஆவிதான் போயினபின் யாரே அனுபவிப்பார்
    பாவிகாள் அந்தப் பணம்


  5. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    If you are having a problem with a particular thread or user, please use the "REPORT POST" button beside the offending post to inform us or raise a complaint.
  6. #24
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    I live in Chennai
    Posts
    6,318
    Downloads
    2
    Uploads
    0
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 67/79
    Given: 13/98

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    கல்லானே ஆனாலும் கைப்பொருள்ஒன் றுண்டாயின்
    எல்லாரும் சென்றங் கெதிர்கொள்வர் - இல்லானை
    இல்லாளும் வேண்டாள்( மற் றீன்றெடுத்த தாய்வேண்டாள்
    செல்லா(து) அவன்வாயிற் சொல் .
  7. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    If you are having a problem with a particular thread or user, please use the "REPORT POST" button beside the offending post to inform us or raise a complaint.
  8. #25
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    8,887
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 154/72
    Given: 208/30

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by vgane View Post
    The risk appetite normally decreases with age ...For a retired person, in case one is fully covered for all expenses, then the balance can be invested with a 50% allocation for risky investments..In case of a loss the person is not unduly affected as basic expenses are already covered
    I believe in 30% investment in equities to balance poor returns from very safe investments.

    It has worked well for me.
  9. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    If you are having a problem with a particular thread or user, please use the "REPORT POST" button beside the offending post to inform us or raise a complaint.
  10. #26
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    8,887
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 154/72
    Given: 208/30

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Janaki Jambunathan View Post
    பாடுபட்டுத் தேடிப் பணத்தைப் புதைத்துவைத்துக்
    கேடுகெட்ட மானிடரே கேளுங்கள் - கூடுவிட்டுங்(கு)
    ஆவிதான் போயினபின் யாரே அனுபவிப்பார்
    பாவிகாள் அந்தப் பணம்
    JJji

    Thats the right attitude.

    Live well.

    My best wishes
  11. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    If you are having a problem with a particular thread or user, please use the "REPORT POST" button beside the offending post to inform us or raise a complaint.
  12. #27
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    I live in Chennai
    Posts
    6,318
    Downloads
    2
    Uploads
    0
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 67/79
    Given: 13/98

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!


    Source: Google images.
    Last edited by V.Balasubramani; 12-01-2017 at 06:55 AM.
  13. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    If you are having a problem with a particular thread or user, please use the "REPORT POST" button beside the offending post to inform us or raise a complaint.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •