• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

inspiring stories we must know

• Thread starter ramachandran girija
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
R

ramachandran girija

today i am starting this thread so as to inspire others what inspired me....

these may be little stories.... these may make you wonder whether it could have happened.... look into the essence of these stories ..... stay inspired.... always and in all ways...!!

Many years ago all feeling and emotions have gathered to spend their vacation on a coastal island. Each of them was having a good time, but one day there was announced a warning of a storm and everyone had to leave the island.

This caused a panic, all rushed to their boats and only Love did not wish to be in a hurry. There was so much to do, so Love was the last, who realized that it was time to leave. However, no free boats were left and Love looked around with hope.

As Prosperity was passing by in its classy boat, Love asked: „Please, take me in your boat“. But Prosperity replied: „My boat is full of gold and other precious possessions, there is no place for you“.

Then Vanity came by in a lovely boat. Love asked: „Vanity, could you take me in your boat? Please, help me.” Vanity said: „No, your feet are muddy, and I don‘t want my boat get dirty.”

A bit later Sorrow was passing by and Love called for help. But Sorrow answered: „I am so sad, I want to be by myself“.

Then Happiness came by, Love asked for help, but Happiness was too happy, it hardly concerned about anyone.

Suddenly somebody called out: "Love, I will take you with me“. Love did not recognize its saviour, just gratefully jumped on to the boat.

When everyone had reached safe place, Love get off the boat and met Knowledge. Love asked: "Knowledge, do you know who helped me when everyone else turned away?”

Knowledge smiled: "That was Time, because only Time knows Love‘s true value and what Love is capable of. Only Love can bring peace and happiness.”

The message of this story is that when we are prosperous, we underrate Love. When we feel important, we do not appreciate love. And even in happiness and sorrow we overlook love. Only with time we realize the true value of love. Why wait and not cherish Love every day of your life?

There was a farm, where lived farmer John with his wife Molly. They hold pigs, cows and many animals in their farm. Also there lived a little mouse.

One day the mouse looked through small crack in the wall and accidentally saw how the farmer was opening some package. The mouse was curious what food may it contain and discovered that it was a mousetrap.

The mouse was determined to run around the farmyard and warn all the animals regarding the danger.

First of all he met the chicken. "There is a mousetrap in the house!” – the mouse declared with despair. But the chicken answered with indifference: "It does not concern me, as this is a danger for you, but not for me. It cannot bother me“.

Then, the mouse raced to the pig and the cow and told them about the mousetrap. But the pig and the cow where not impressed too. They said that from them there is no reason to worry about this and promised to pray about the mouse.

Sad and depressed, the little mouse returned to the house.

In the night the farmer‘s wife Molly heard a sound of a mousetrap. She hurried to see what was in it, but due to the darkness she did not see that it was a poisonous snake, whose tail was caught by the trap. Suddenly the snake bit Molly.

The farmer rushed with her to the hospital. Later, when they returned home, Molly still had a fever. John remembered that it is good to treat a fever with chicken soup, so he went to his farmyard to bring the main ingredient, the chicken.

Whereas Molly‘s sickness continued and many friends came to visit her, the farmer butchered the pig so he could feed all the visitors.

Unfortunately, as time went by Molly became weaker and weaker and one day she died. Many neighbours, relatives and friends have arrived to the funeral. John had to slaughter the cow to feed all of them.

The mouse has been watching all that was happening with great sorrow.

Remember, when we learn that someone is facing difficulties or danger, all of us can be at risk. It is better to help and encourage one another and don‘t leave anyone alone with his problems.

A long time ago there was a boy. He was smart, talented and handsome. However, he was very selfish and his temper was so difficult, that nobody wanted to be friends with him. Often he got angry and said various hurtful things to people around him.

The boy‘s parents very concerned about his bad temper. They considered what they could do and one day the father had an idea. He called his son and gave him a hammer and a bag of nails. The father said: "Every time you get angry, take a nail and drive into that old fence as hard as you can.”

The fence was very tough and the hammer was heavy, nevertheless the boy was so furious that during the very first day he has driven 37 nails.

Day after day, week after week, the number of nails was gradually decreasing. After some time, the boy started to understand that holding his temper is easier that driving nails into the fence.

One day the boy didn‘t need hammer and nails anymore as he learned to hold his temper perfectly. So he came to his father and told about his achievement. „Now every time, when you hold your temper all day long, pull out one nail“.

Much time has passed. At last the boy could be proud of himself as all the nails were gone. When he came to his father and told about this, he offered to come and take a careful look at the fence. "You did a good job, my son, but pay your attention to the holes that left from the nails. The fence will never be the same. The same happens when your say hurtful things to people, as your words leave scars in their hearts like those holes in the fence. Remember, we need to treat everyone with love and respect, because it doesn‘t matter, that you say you are sorry, the scars will not disappear.
"

A man was walking down a deserted Mexican beach at sunset. As he walked along he began to see another man in the distance.

As he grew nearer he noticed that the local native kept leaning down, picking something up, and throwing it out into the water. Time and again he kept hurling things out into the ocean.

As our friend approached even closer he noticed that the man was picking up starfish that had washed up onto the beach, and one at a time, he was throwing them back into the ocean.

The first man was puzzled. He approached the man and said, "Good Evening Friend, I was wondering what are you doing?" And he replied, "I'm throwing these starfish back into the ocean. You see, it's low tide right now and all these starfish have been washed up onto the shore. If I don't throw them back into the sea, they will die from the lack of oxygen."

"I understand," my friend replied "but there must be thousands of starfish on this beach and you couldn't possibly get to all of them. There are simply too many and don't you realize that this is happening on hundreds of beaches up and down this coast ... can't you see that that you can't possibly make a difference?

The local native smiled, bent down, picked up yet another starfish ... and as he threw it back out into the sea, he replied, "It made a difference to that one!"

You may feel like you cannot make a difference in the world today, but you CAN make a difference in one life at a time.

ஒரு முறை ஜென் துறவி ஒருவர், தன் சீடர்களிடம் பேசிக் கொண்டிருந்தார். அப்போது அவரது சீடர்கள் துறவியிடம், கதை கூறுமாறு கேட்டனர். அதற்கு அந்த துறவியும், அவர்களுக்கு ஒரு வாழ்க்கை பாடம் புகட்டும் வகையில் கதை சொல்ல ஆரம்பித்தார்.

அது என்னவென்றால், " ஒரு வியாபாரி ஒருவன் ரோட்டில் நடந்து கொண்டு சென்றான். அப்போது அந்த வியாபாரிக்கு எதிரே வந்தவன், அவனை நிறுத்தி, "என்னை ஞாபகம் உள்ளதா?" என்று கேட்டான். பின் "உங்களுக்கு என்னை நினைவு இருக்கிறதோ இல்லையோ, ஐந்து ஆண்டுகளுக்கு முன்பு நான் இந்த நகரத்திற்கு வந்த போது, நான் என்னிடம் பணம் இல்லை என்று உங்களிடம் பணம் கேட்டேன். அதற்கு நீங்களும் என்னிடம் கொஞ்சம் பணத்தைக் கொடுத்து, ஒருவரின் வெற்றிப் பாதையில் செல்ல இது உதவட்டும் என்று வாழ்த்தி கொடுத்து உதவி புரிந்தீர்கள்" என்று அவருக்கு ஞாபகப்படுத்தினான்.

அந்த வியாபாரியும் யோசித்து, பின் அந்த வியாபாரி "ஆம், நினைவுக்கு வந்துவிட்டது என்று சொல்லி, வேறு என்ன சொல்லுங்கள்" என்று ஆவலுடன் கேட்டான். அதற்கு அவன் "இல்லை எப்படி அப்போது எனக்கு பணம் கொடுத்து உதவி புரிந்தீர்களோ, அதேப் போல் இப்போதும் ஒரு சந்தர்ப்பம் கொடுக்க முடியுமா?" என்று கேட்டான். அந்த வியாபாரி இப்படி கேட்டதும் வியந்து போனான்." என்று சொன்னார்.

பின் தன் சீடர்களிடம், ஒருவர் தமக்கு ஒரு முறை எதிர்பாராமல் உதவி செய்தால், மீண்டும் மீண்டும் அவர்களிடம் எதையும் எதிர் பார்க்கக்கூடாது. நமக்கு எந்த நேரத்தில் எது கிடைக்க வேண்டுமோ, அந்த நேரத்தில் நமக்கு கிடைக்க வேண்டும் என்று இருந்தால், நிச்சயம் அது நமக்கு கிடைக்கும் என்று சொன்னார்.

ஜென் மாஸ்டர் ஒருவர் அவரது சீடர்களுக்கு, அன்றைய போதனையில் அவரவரின் செயல்களுக்கான பிரதிபலனை பற்றி விவரித்து கொண்டிருக்கையில், அதனை ஒரு கதையின் மூலம் விளக்க நினைத்து, கதையை சொல்ல ஆரம்பித்தார்.

அது "விவசாயி ஒருவர் 1 பவுண்டு வெண்ணெயை ஒரு பேக்கரிக்காரருக்கு விற்று வந்தார். ஒரு நாள் அந்த பேக்கரிக்காரர், விவசாயி கொடுக்கும் வெண்ணெய் ஒரு பவுண்டு அளவு சரியாக உள்ளதா? என்று எடை போட்டு பார்த்தார். அப்போது அளவு குறைவாக இருந்தது என்பதை தெரிந்து கொண்ட அந்த பேக்கரிக்காரர் விவசாயி மீது கடுங்கோபம் கொண்டார்.

அதனால் ஆத்திரம் அடைந்த அவர், அந்த விவசாயியை நீதிமன்றத்திற்கு அழைத்து சென்றார். அப்போது நீதிபதி விவசாயிடம், "வெண்ணெயை அளந்து பார்க்க எந்த எடை மிசினை உபயோகிக்கிறாய்" என்று கேட்டார். அதற்கு அந்த விவசாயி 'நியாயம்' என்று பதிலளித்தார்.

பின் நீதிபதியிடம், "நான் பழங்காலத்தவன், என்னிடம் சரியான எடை மிசின் இல்லை. ஆகவே நான் ஒரு அளவுகோல் கொண்டு அளவு செய்வேன்" என்றார். உடனே நீதிபதி "வேறு எப்படி வெண்ணெயை எடை செய்தாய்?", என்று கேட்டார். அதற்கு விவசாயி நீதிபதியிடம் "ஐயா! பேக்கரிக்காரர் என்னிடம் நீண்ட காலத்திற்கு முன்பிருந்தே வெண்ணெய் வாங்குவது வழக்கம், நானும் அவரிடமிருந்து ஒரு பவுண்டு ரொட்டியை வாங்கி வருவேன். ஒவ்வொரு நாளும் பேக்கரிக்காரர் ஒரு பவுண்டு ரொட்டியை கொண்டு வந்த அதே சமயம், நானும் அதே அளவில் வெண்ணையை வெட்டி கொடுப்பேன். ஆகவே குறை, குற்றம் சொல்ல வேண்டுமெனில் அது என் தவறு இல்லை, அது முற்றிலும் பேக்கரிக்காரரை சார்ந்தது" என்று சொன்னார்." எனக் கதையை கூறி முடித்துவிட்டார்.

பின் சீடர்களுக்கு, "நாம் மற்றவர்களுக்கு என்ன செய்கிறோமோ, அதே தான் நமக்கும் விதிக்கப்படும்" என்று கூறி விளக்கினார்.

Please mention the source for these.
Posts without source credits will be removed.

Please mention the source for these.
Posts without source credits will be removed.

yes sir... i will....

sources of tamil stories are :- Inspirational Tamil Short Stories _ Motivational Tamil Stories _ boldsky
sources of english stories are :-
a)making a difference.... Life Stories - Life Of Hope.htm
b) other stories - i had saved in my word file long ago....by surfing under the header "inspiring stories that make you cry"

thank you for your advice sir... hereafter, then and there, in my post, i will mention the source... sorry for the inconvenience...

thanks to the original uploader...
http://www.livin3.com/5-motivational-and-inspiring-short-stories

1. Everyone Has a Story in Life

A 24 year old boy seeing out from the train’s window shouted…
“Dad, look the trees are going behind!”
Dad smiled and a young couple sitting nearby, looked at the 24 year old’s childish behavior with pity, suddenly he again exclaimed…
“Dad, look the clouds are running with us!”
The couple couldn’t resist and said to the old man…
“Why don’t you take your son to a good doctor?” The old man smiled and said…“I did and we are just coming from the hospital, my son was blind from birth, he just got his eyes today.”
Every single person on the planet has a story. Don’t judge people before you truly know them. The truth might surprise you.

http://www.livin3.com/5-motivational...-short-stories

2. Shake off Your Problems

A man’s favorite donkey falls into a deep precipice. He can’t pull it out no matter how hard he tries. He therefore decides to bury it alive.

Soil is poured onto the donkey from above. The donkey feels the load, shakes it off, and steps on it. More soil is poured.

It shakes it off and steps up. The more the load was poured, the higher it rose. By noon, the donkey was grazing in green pastures.

After much shaking off (of problems) And stepping up (learning from them), One will graze in GREEN PASTURES.

3. The Elephant Rope

As a man was passing the elephants, he suddenly stopped, confused by the fact that these huge creatures were being held by only a small rope tied to their front leg. No chains, no cages. It was obvious that the elephants could, at anytime, break away from their bonds but for some reason, they did not.

He saw a trainer nearby and asked why these animals just stood there and made no attempt to get away. “Well,” trainer said, “when they are very young and much smaller we use the same size rope to tie them and, at that age, it’s enough to hold them. As they grow up, they are conditioned to believe they cannot break away. They believe the rope can still hold them, so they never try to break free.”
The man was amazed. These animals could at any time break free from their bonds but because they believed they couldn’t, they were stuck right where they were.
Like the elephants, how many of us go through life hanging onto a belief that we cannot do something, simply because we failed at it once before?
Failure is part of learning; we should never give up the struggle in life.

4. Potatoes, Eggs, and Coffee Beans

Once upon a time a daughter complained to her father that her life was miserable and that she didn’t know how she was going to make it. She was tired of fighting and struggling all the time. It seemed just as one problem was solved, another one soon followed.
Her father, a chef, took her to the kitchen. He filled three pots with water and placed each on a high fire. Once the three pots began to boil, he placed potatoes in one pot, eggs in the second pot, and ground coffee beans in the third pot.
He then let them sit and boil, without saying a word to his daughter. The daughter, moaned and impatiently waited, wondering what he was doing.
After twenty minutes he turned off the burners. He took the potatoes out of the pot and placed them in a bowl. He pulled the eggs out and placed them in a bowl.
He then ladled the coffee out and placed it in a cup. Turning to her he asked. “Daughter, what do you see?”
“Potatoes, eggs, and coffee,” she hastily replied.
“Look closer,” he said, “and touch the potatoes.” She did and noted that they were soft. He then asked her to take an egg and break it. After pulling off the shell, she observed the hard-boiled egg. Finally, he asked her to sip the coffee. Its rich aroma brought a smile to her face.
“Father, what does this mean?” she asked.
He then explained that the potatoes, the eggs and coffee beans had each faced the same adversity– the boiling water.
However, each one reacted differently.
The potato went in strong, hard, and unrelenting, but in boiling water, it became soft and weak.
The egg was fragile, with the thin outer shell protecting its liquid interior until it was put in the boiling water. Then the inside of the egg became hard.
However, the ground coffee beans were unique. After they were exposed to the boiling water, they changed the water and created something new.
“Which are you,” he asked his daughter. “When adversity knocks on your door, how do you respond? Are you a potato, an egg, or a coffee bean? “
Moral:In life, things happen around us, things happen to us, but the only thing that truly matters is what happens within us.
Which one are you?

5. A Dish of Ice Cream

In the days when an ice cream sundae cost much less, a 10 year old boy entered a hotel coffee shop and sat at a table. A waitress put a glass of water in front of him.

“How much is an ice cream sundae?”
“50 cents,” replied the waitress.
The little boy pulled his hand out of his pocket and studied a number of coins in it.
“How much is a dish of plain ice cream?” he inquired. Some people were now waiting for a table and the waitress was a bit impatient.
“35 cents,” she said brusquely.
The little boy again counted the coins. “I’ll have the plain ice cream,” he said.
The waitress brought the ice cream, put the bill on the table and walked away. The boy finished the ice cream, paid the cashier and departed.
When the waitress came back, she began wiping down the table and then swallowed hard at what she saw.
There, placed neatly beside the empty dish, were 15 cents – her tip.

Colonel Sanders | Kentucky Fried Chicken

Once, there was an older man, who was broke, living in a tiny house and owned a beat up car. He was living off of $99 social security checks. At 65 years of age, he decide things had to change. So he thought about what he had to offer. His friends raved about his chicken recipe. He decided that this was his best shot at making a change.

He left Kentucky and traveled to different states to try to sell his recipe. He told restaurant owners that he had a mouthwatering chicken recipe. He offered the recipe to them for free, just asking for a small percentage on the items sold. Sounds like a good deal, right?
Unfortunately, not to most of the restaurants. He heard NO over 1000 times. Even after all of those rejections, he didn’t give up. He believed his chicken recipe was something special. He got rejected 1009 times before he heard his first yes.
With that one success Colonel Hartland Sanders changed the way Americans eat chicken. Kentucky Fried Chicken, popularly known as KFC, was born.
Remember, never give up and always believe in yourself in spite of rejection.

The Obstacle in our Path

There once was a very wealthy and curious king. This king had a huge boulder placed in the middle of a road. Then he hid nearby to see if anyone would try to remove the gigantic rock from the road.
The first people to pass by were some of the king’s wealthiest merchants and courtiers. Rather than moving it, they simply walked around it. A few loudly blamed the King for not maintaining the roads. Not one of them tried to move the boulder.
Finally, a peasant came along. His arms were full of vegetables. When he got near the boulder, rather than simply walking around it as the others had, the peasant put down his load and tried to move the stone to the side of the road. It took a lot of effort but he finally succeeded.
The peasant gathered up his load and was ready to go on his way when he say a purse lying in the road where the boulder had been. The peasant opened the purse. The purse was stuffed full of gold coins and a note from the king. The king’s note said the purse’s gold was a reward for moving the boulder from the road.
The king showed the peasant what many of us never understand: every obstacle presents an opportunity to improve our condition.

Value

http://www.livin3.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/20-dollar-bill.jpg
A popular speaker started off a seminar by holding up a $20 bill. A crowd of 200 had gathered to hear him speak. He asked, “Who would like this $20 bill?”

200 hands went up.
He said, “I am going to give this $20 to one of you but first, let me do this.” He crumpled the bill up.
He then asked, “Who still wants it?”
All 200 hands were still raised.
“Well,” he replied, “What if I do this?” Then he dropped the bill on the ground and stomped on it with his shoes.
He picked it up, and showed it to the crowd. The bill was all crumpled and dirty.
“Now who still wants it?”
All the hands still went up.
“My friends, I have just showed you a very important lesson. No matter what I did to the money, you still wanted it because it did not decrease in value. It was still worth $20. Many times in our lives, life crumples us and grinds us into the dirt. We make bad decisions or deal with poor circumstances. We feel worthless. But no matter what has happened or what will happen, you will never lose your value. You are special – Don’t ever forget it!

A Very Special Bank Account

Imagine you had a bank account that deposited $86,400 each morning. The account carries over no balance from day to day, allows you to keep no cash balance, and every evening cancels whatever part of the amount you had failed to use during the day. What would you do? Draw out every dollar each day!

We all have such a bank. Its name is Time. Every morning, it credits you with 86,400 seconds. Every night it writes off, as lost, whatever time you have failed to use wisely. It carries over no balance from day to day. It allows no overdraft so you can’t borrow against yourself or use more time than you have. Each day, the account starts fresh. Each night, it destroys an unused time. If you fail to use the day’s deposits, it’s your loss and you can’t appeal to get it back.
There is never any borrowing time. You can’t take a loan out on your time or against someone else’s. The time you have is the time you have and that is that. Time management is yours to decide how you spend the time, just as with money you decide how you spend the money. It is never the case of us not having enough time to do things, but the case of whether we want to do them and where they fall in our priorities.

Source :- Life stories - Life of hope.html

HOW TO BREAK OUT OF PRISON?
Once a prison guard said to his inmates:
"You must be happy in your cells to have so much freedom."
All inmates were upset.
He replied:
"Oh you forgot that you have all the time in the world, you are fed, clothed and housed. But I have to go back home to clean up the house, make supper, buy clothes and put the kids to bed."
Hearing this, the inmates felt a lot better.

Source :- Life stories - Life of hope.html

The Value Of A Smile :)

By Francie Baltazar-Schwartz

The value of a smile is priceless, yet it is the cheapest, easiest, most rewarding and most sincere gift to anyone that crosses your path. A smile makes a person's day, anybody's day even a stranger's day. A smile is infectious. Start infecting people with your smile today.
A smile is nature's best antidote for discouragement. It brings rest to the weary, sunshine to those who are sad, and hope to those who are hopeless and defeated.
A smile is so valuable that it can't be bought, begged, borrowed, or taken away against your will. You have to be willing to give a smile away before it can do anyone else any good.

So if someone is too tired or grumpy to flash you a smile, let him have one of yours anyway. Nobody needs a smile as much as the person who has none to give.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back