Tamil Brahmins
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

inspiring stories we must know

0 Not allowed!
    today i am starting this thread so as to inspire others what inspired me....

these may be little stories.... these may make you wonder whether it could have happened.... look into the essence of these stories ..... stay inspired.... always and in all ways...!!
    அரனே என்று தொழ
    அருமைகளை நிறைக்கும்
    அரனே! மனதில் உளனே !!
    அரணாய் அனைவரையும் கா !!
    Downloads
    Uploads

0 Not allowed!
    Many years ago all feeling and emotions have gathered to spend their vacation on a coastal island. Each of them was having a good time, but one day there was announced a warning of a storm and everyone had to leave the island.

This caused a panic, all rushed to their boats and only Love did not wish to be in a hurry. There was so much to do, so Love was the last, who realized that it was time to leave. However, no free boats were left and Love looked around with hope.

As Prosperity was passing by in its classy boat, Love asked: „Please, take me in your boat“. But Prosperity replied: „My boat is full of gold and other precious possessions, there is no place for you“.

Then Vanity came by in a lovely boat. Love asked: „Vanity, could you take me in your boat? Please, help me.” Vanity said: „No, your feet are muddy, and I don‘t want my boat get dirty.”

A bit later Sorrow was passing by and Love called for help. But Sorrow answered: „I am so sad, I want to be by myself“.

Then Happiness came by, Love asked for help, but Happiness was too happy, it hardly concerned about anyone.

Suddenly somebody called out: "Love, I will take you with me“. Love did not recognize its saviour, just gratefully jumped on to the boat.

When everyone had reached safe place, Love get off the boat and met Knowledge. Love asked: "Knowledge, do you know who helped me when everyone else turned away?”

Knowledge smiled: "That was Time, because only Time knows Love‘s true value and what Love is capable of. Only Love can bring peace and happiness.”

The message of this story is that when we are prosperous, we underrate Love. When we feel important, we do not appreciate love. And even in happiness and sorrow we overlook love. Only with time we realize the true value of love. Why wait and not cherish Love every day of your life?
    அரனே என்று தொழ
    அருமைகளை நிறைக்கும்
    அரனே! மனதில் உளனே !!
    அரணாய் அனைவரையும் கா !!
  3. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    If you are having a problem with a particular thread or user, please use the "REPORT POST" button beside the offending post to inform us or raise a complaint.
    Downloads
    Uploads

0 Not allowed!
    There was a farm, where lived farmer John with his wife Molly. They hold pigs, cows and many animals in their farm. Also there lived a little mouse.

One day the mouse looked through small crack in the wall and accidentally saw how the farmer was opening some package. The mouse was curious what food may it contain and discovered that it was a mousetrap.

The mouse was determined to run around the farmyard and warn all the animals regarding the danger.

First of all he met the chicken. "There is a mousetrap in the house!” – the mouse declared with despair. But the chicken answered with indifference: "It does not concern me, as this is a danger for you, but not for me. It cannot bother me“.

Then, the mouse raced to the pig and the cow and told them about the mousetrap. But the pig and the cow where not impressed too. They said that from them there is no reason to worry about this and promised to pray about the mouse.

Sad and depressed, the little mouse returned to the house.

In the night the farmer‘s wife Molly heard a sound of a mousetrap. She hurried to see what was in it, but due to the darkness she did not see that it was a poisonous snake, whose tail was caught by the trap. Suddenly the snake bit Molly.

The farmer rushed with her to the hospital. Later, when they returned home, Molly still had a fever. John remembered that it is good to treat a fever with chicken soup, so he went to his farmyard to bring the main ingredient, the chicken.

Whereas Molly‘s sickness continued and many friends came to visit her, the farmer butchered the pig so he could feed all the visitors.

Unfortunately, as time went by Molly became weaker and weaker and one day she died. Many neighbours, relatives and friends have arrived to the funeral. John had to slaughter the cow to feed all of them.

The mouse has been watching all that was happening with great sorrow.

Remember, when we learn that someone is facing difficulties or danger, all of us can be at risk. It is better to help and encourage one another and don‘t leave anyone alone with his problems.
    அரனே என்று தொழ
    அருமைகளை நிறைக்கும்
    அரனே! மனதில் உளனே !!
    அரணாய் அனைவரையும் கா !!
  5. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    If you are having a problem with a particular thread or user, please use the "REPORT POST" button beside the offending post to inform us or raise a complaint.
    Downloads
    Uploads

0 Not allowed!
    A long time ago there was a boy. He was smart, talented and handsome. However, he was very selfish and his temper was so difficult, that nobody wanted to be friends with him. Often he got angry and said various hurtful things to people around him.

The boy‘s parents very concerned about his bad temper. They considered what they could do and one day the father had an idea. He called his son and gave him a hammer and a bag of nails. The father said: "Every time you get angry, take a nail and drive into that old fence as hard as you can.”

The fence was very tough and the hammer was heavy, nevertheless the boy was so furious that during the very first day he has driven 37 nails.

Day after day, week after week, the number of nails was gradually decreasing. After some time, the boy started to understand that holding his temper is easier that driving nails into the fence.

One day the boy didn‘t need hammer and nails anymore as he learned to hold his temper perfectly. So he came to his father and told about his achievement. „Now every time, when you hold your temper all day long, pull out one nail“.

Much time has passed. At last the boy could be proud of himself as all the nails were gone. When he came to his father and told about this, he offered to come and take a careful look at the fence. "You did a good job, my son, but pay your attention to the holes that left from the nails. The fence will never be the same. The same happens when your say hurtful things to people, as your words leave scars in their hearts like those holes in the fence. Remember, we need to treat everyone with love and respect, because it doesn‘t matter, that you say you are sorry, the scars will not disappear.
    "
    அரனே என்று தொழ
    அருமைகளை நிறைக்கும்
    அரனே! மனதில் உளனே !!
    அரணாய் அனைவரையும் கா !!
  7. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    Downloads
    Uploads

0 Not allowed!
    A man was walking down a deserted Mexican beach at sunset. As he walked along he began to see another man in the distance.

As he grew nearer he noticed that the local native kept leaning down, picking something up, and throwing it out into the water. Time and again he kept hurling things out into the ocean.

As our friend approached even closer he noticed that the man was picking up starfish that had washed up onto the beach, and one at a time, he was throwing them back into the ocean.

The first man was puzzled. He approached the man and said, "Good Evening Friend, I was wondering what are you doing?" And he replied, "I'm throwing these starfish back into the ocean. You see, it's low tide right now and all these starfish have been washed up onto the shore. If I don't throw them back into the sea, they will die from the lack of oxygen."

"I understand," my friend replied "but there must be thousands of starfish on this beach and you couldn't possibly get to all of them. There are simply too many and don't you realize that this is happening on hundreds of beaches up and down this coast ... can't you see that that you can't possibly make a difference?

The local native smiled, bent down, picked up yet another starfish ... and as he threw it back out into the sea, he replied, "It made a difference to that one!"

You may feel like you cannot make a difference in the world today, but you CAN make a difference in one life at a time.
    அரனே என்று தொழ
    அருமைகளை நிறைக்கும்
    அரனே! மனதில் உளனே !!
    அரணாய் அனைவரையும் கா !!
  9. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    Downloads
    Uploads

0 Not allowed!
    ஒரு முறை ஜென் துறவி ஒருவர், தன் சீடர்களிடம் பேசிக் கொண்டிருந்தார். அப்போது அவரது சீடர்கள் துறவியிடம், கதை கூறுமாறு கேட்டனர். அதற்கு அந்த துறவியும், அவர்களுக்கு ஒரு வாழ்க்கை பாடம் புகட்டும் வகையில் கதை சொல்ல ஆரம்பித்தார்.

அது என்னவென்றால், " ஒரு வியாபாரி ஒருவன் ரோட்டில் நடந்து கொண்டு சென்றான். அப்போது அந்த வியாபாரிக்கு எதிரே வந்தவன், அவனை நிறுத்தி, "என்னை ஞாபகம் உள்ளதா?" என்று கேட்டான். பின் "உங்களுக்கு என்னை நினைவு இருக்கிறதோ இல்லையோ, ஐந்து ஆண்டுகளுக்கு முன்பு நான் இந்த நகரத்திற்கு வந்த போது, நான் என்னிடம் பணம் இல்லை என்று உங்களிடம் பணம் கேட்டேன். அதற்கு நீங்களும் என்னிடம் கொஞ்சம் பணத்தைக் கொடுத்து, ஒருவரின் வெற்றிப் பாதையில் செல்ல இது உதவட்டும் என்று வாழ்த்தி கொடுத்து உதவி புரிந்தீர்கள்" என்று அவருக்கு ஞாபகப்படுத்தினான்.

அந்த வியாபாரியும் யோசித்து, பின் அந்த வியாபாரி "ஆம், நினைவுக்கு வந்துவிட்டது என்று சொல்லி, வேறு என்ன சொல்லுங்கள்" என்று ஆவலுடன் கேட்டான். அதற்கு அவன் "இல்லை எப்படி அப்போது எனக்கு பணம் கொடுத்து உதவி புரிந்தீர்களோ, அதேப் போல் இப்போதும் ஒரு சந்தர்ப்பம் கொடுக்க முடியுமா?" என்று கேட்டான். அந்த வியாபாரி இப்படி கேட்டதும் வியந்து போனான்." என்று சொன்னார்.

பின் தன் சீடர்களிடம், ஒருவர் தமக்கு ஒரு முறை எதிர்பாராமல் உதவி செய்தால், மீண்டும் மீண்டும் அவர்களிடம் எதையும் எதிர் பார்க்கக்கூடாது. நமக்கு எந்த நேரத்தில் எது கிடைக்க வேண்டுமோ, அந்த நேரத்தில் நமக்கு கிடைக்க வேண்டும் என்று இருந்தால், நிச்சயம் அது நமக்கு கிடைக்கும் என்று சொன்னார்.

அரனே என்று தொழ
    அருமைகளை நிறைக்கும்
    அரனே! மனதில் உளனே !!
    அரணாய் அனைவரையும் கா !!
  11. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    Downloads
    Uploads

0 Not allowed!
    ஜென் மாஸ்டர் ஒருவர் அவரது சீடர்களுக்கு, அன்றைய போதனையில் அவரவரின் செயல்களுக்கான பிரதிபலனை பற்றி விவரித்து கொண்டிருக்கையில், அதனை ஒரு கதையின் மூலம் விளக்க நினைத்து, கதையை சொல்ல ஆரம்பித்தார்.

அது "விவசாயி ஒருவர் 1 பவுண்டு வெண்ணெயை ஒரு பேக்கரிக்காரருக்கு விற்று வந்தார். ஒரு நாள் அந்த பேக்கரிக்காரர், விவசாயி கொடுக்கும் வெண்ணெய் ஒரு பவுண்டு அளவு சரியாக உள்ளதா? என்று எடை போட்டு பார்த்தார். அப்போது அளவு குறைவாக இருந்தது என்பதை தெரிந்து கொண்ட அந்த பேக்கரிக்காரர் விவசாயி மீது கடுங்கோபம் கொண்டார்.

அதனால் ஆத்திரம் அடைந்த அவர், அந்த விவசாயியை நீதிமன்றத்திற்கு அழைத்து சென்றார். அப்போது நீதிபதி விவசாயிடம், "வெண்ணெயை அளந்து பார்க்க எந்த எடை மிசினை உபயோகிக்கிறாய்" என்று கேட்டார். அதற்கு அந்த விவசாயி 'நியாயம்' என்று பதிலளித்தார்.

பின் நீதிபதியிடம், "நான் பழங்காலத்தவன், என்னிடம் சரியான எடை மிசின் இல்லை. ஆகவே நான் ஒரு அளவுகோல் கொண்டு அளவு செய்வேன்" என்றார். உடனே நீதிபதி "வேறு எப்படி வெண்ணெயை எடை செய்தாய்?", என்று கேட்டார். அதற்கு விவசாயி நீதிபதியிடம் "ஐயா! பேக்கரிக்காரர் என்னிடம் நீண்ட காலத்திற்கு முன்பிருந்தே வெண்ணெய் வாங்குவது வழக்கம், நானும் அவரிடமிருந்து ஒரு பவுண்டு ரொட்டியை வாங்கி வருவேன். ஒவ்வொரு நாளும் பேக்கரிக்காரர் ஒரு பவுண்டு ரொட்டியை கொண்டு வந்த அதே சமயம், நானும் அதே அளவில் வெண்ணையை வெட்டி கொடுப்பேன். ஆகவே குறை, குற்றம் சொல்ல வேண்டுமெனில் அது என் தவறு இல்லை, அது முற்றிலும் பேக்கரிக்காரரை சார்ந்தது" என்று சொன்னார்." எனக் கதையை கூறி முடித்துவிட்டார்.

பின் சீடர்களுக்கு, "நாம் மற்றவர்களுக்கு என்ன செய்கிறோமோ, அதே தான் நமக்கும் விதிக்கப்படும்" என்று கூறி விளக்கினார்.

அரனே என்று தொழ
    அருமைகளை நிறைக்கும்
    அரனே! மனதில் உளனே !!
    அரணாய் அனைவரையும் கா !!
  13. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    Downloads
    Uploads

1 Not allowed!
    Please mention the source for these.
    Posts without source credits will be removed.
    Contact - Guidelines

Since i do not read all the posts, if you need to bring something to my attention report the post or send me a message with the link.
  15. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    Downloads
    Uploads

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by praveen View Post
    Please mention the source for these.
    Posts without source credits will be removed.
    yes sir... i will....

sources of tamil stories are :- Inspirational Tamil Short Stories _ Motivational Tamil Stories _ boldsky
    sources of english stories are :-
    a)making a difference.... Life Stories - Life Of Hope.htm
    b) other stories - i had saved in my word file long ago....by surfing under the header "inspiring stories that make you cry"

thank you for your advice sir... hereafter, then and there, in my post, i will mention the source... sorry for the inconvenience...
    அரனே என்று தொழ
    அருமைகளை நிறைக்கும்
    அரனே! மனதில் உளனே !!
    அரணாய் அனைவரையும் கா !!
  17. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    Downloads
    Uploads

0 Not allowed!
    thanks to the original uploader...
    http://www.livin3.com/5-motivational...-short-stories

1. Everyone Has a Story in Life

A 24 year old boy seeing out from the train’s window shouted…
    “Dad, look the trees are going behind!”
    Dad smiled and a young couple sitting nearby, looked at the 24 year old’s childish behavior with pity, suddenly he again exclaimed…
    “Dad, look the clouds are running with us!”
    The couple couldn’t resist and said to the old man…
    “Why don’t you take your son to a good doctor?” The old man smiled and said…“I did and we are just coming from the hospital, my son was blind from birth, he just got his eyes today.”
    Every single person on the planet has a story. Don’t judge people before you truly know them. The truth might surprise you.
    அரனே என்று தொழ
    அருமைகளை நிறைக்கும்
    அரனே! மனதில் உளனே !!
    அரணாய் அனைவரையும் கா !!
  19. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast