• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Multiple IDs

Status
Not open for further replies.
The other thread on Islam's crisis has been closed. I am sure this too will be closed but because the forum allowed another member to run riot but didn't give me an opportunity to respond i am writing here.

I am well aware that the owner and other moderators control the operation of this forum. I never disputed it. However I believe I do have the right to comment on such practice of holding multiple IDs. That is what I did. When name calling other members such as dimwit, idiocy, stupid, cheap are all allowed, this too can be allowed. All are judgmental only. The member while mouthing off inanities as is her won't, didn't try and clarify why she started a new account. Instead she quotes forum rules.

Most active members know that there have been many spam threads creates by newbies and in the past some user accounts have also been banned for transgressions. What praveen or other moderators know is not apparent to us. Sometimes, it is the member's who bring spams to owner's attention.

Continuing as reply to the posts on other thread, there was this mention about member's conversation with sravana. That was irrelevant. The point is the member does not waste any opportunity to be condescending towards other members. There is no need to call sravana as delusional in the islam thread where he didn't even participate . That sravana didn't take offense is another matter. but the remark is offensive all the same. Same case with the accusation that "I played TKS". Another condescending remark against TKS. Then the remark "you guys" to refer to TKS, TBS, and myself. Any such reference to a group of people will almost be construed as racist. The member as always refuses to see us as individuals. I can go on. For all this bravado, she doesnt realize what showed her off. It is her contempt for members here and offensive style of writing that shows her off.. will continue on this later.

However I believe I do have the right to comment on such practice of holding multiple IDs. That is what I did.
Yep. That's why you and me are still seeing this thread :)

The member while mouthing off inanities as is her won't, didn't try and clarify why she started a new account. Instead she quotes forum rules.
Ignore this member. We all are aware of the past issues and the reasons. So it is best left as it is. Sometimes certain things are better that way.

Please do not bring in names or call out members.

What praveen or other moderators know is not apparent to us. Sometimes, it is the member's who bring spams to owner's attention

To be very honest, we do not know much. There is no easier way of knowing if any member has multiple ids. We can check via IP address but what if two genuine members have the same ip range? What if they are using the site from their office and the office has only one ip?

We have automated tools that check for spammers, spam registrations and bots. 99% of the time the tools do a very good job. Sometimes some members are also caught. We do have an issue with one member whose IP is constantly flagged for reasons beyond our control.

The remaining 1% is where we are dependent on members like you to bring it to our notice.
If you think that a particular id is a duplicate of some other member, bring it to our notice or ask the member politely in private.
Do not resort to discussing about it in public because 99.999% nobody would like to accept it.

In most forums, duplicate ids are quite prevalent. From my estimate, roughly 1000 to 2500 ids are duplicate ids. Of this i would think around 2 to 5% are posting or have posted in the past.

Dear K B Sir,
Some members create new ids just for fun; but some do it to enter our forum after being banned! :lock1:

Most of us can never forget Harini Iyer and her love story posted in forum. Now there is no trace of her

since that thread was deleted by our moderators.

In a way, dramas of the kind that happened suddenly makes this forum a unique experience :)
I understand that name calling is not respectful or fun.

There are few people who seem to have disappeared from forum for a long time only to suddenly show up and pick up where they left off in attacking their favorite targets. It shows they are addicted to the forum posts and posters :)

At heart we have many children in adult bodies

There has been mention about me a number of times in the closed thread. My take is this. Ever since I have been trying to get into the spiritual mindset, I get less and less offended by any personal attack. In fact I am excited by this since there is hope that changed mindsets can help people take anything in the right spirit and help maintain their peace. I thank Shri. KB and Shri. TKS for their supporting words.

There has been mention about me a number of times in the closed thread. My take is this. Ever since I have been trying to get into the spiritual mindset, I get less and less offended by any personal attack. In fact I am excited by this since there is hope that changed mindsets can help people take anything in the right spirit and help maintain their peace. I thank Shri. KB and Shri. TKS for their supporting words.
hi

this is nothing in name calling....i feel...many are immatured....it show their IMMATURITY....i never and ever caret these

things in my life....many may come...many may go...STILL THIS FORUM CONTINUES....

What is the acute need to be mature?

I feel we humans put too much restrictions on ourselves.

"Immaturity" at times can denote honesty.

Maturity many times is fake.

The best is just be ourselves..immature or mature....no one is 100% of both.

Dear Sravna,

I feel not being affected by a personal attack is a sign of experience on how to handle different types of people... saints and even criminals/ con man are good at this....I do not personally feel it has got to do with a spiritual mindset.

If you want to find humans that are over reactive with bad temper..just go to any religious organization..mostly have very fragile emotions...on the other hand you can find very cool unaffected type of individuals in the prison.

Last edited:
Dear Sravna,

I feel not being affected by a personal attack is a sign of experience on how to handle different types of people... saints and even criminals/ con man are good at this....I do not personally feel it has got to do with a spiritual mindset.

If you want to find humans that are over reactive with bad temper..just go to any religious organization..mostly have very fragile emotions...on the other hand you can find very cool unaffected type of individuals in the prison.

Dear Renuka,

I do not mean religious when I say spiritual. Someone spiritual is not adversely affected by the external. You have to understand it in that sense.

Oye Sravna,

I think its just a fad to view spiritual as different from religious.

Frankly speaking Spirituality has its basis in Religion for all practical purposes a Spiritual Person is a Religious Person.

Its just a trend for people to divorce Religion from Spirituality to give themselves an Intellectual Persona.

Going by your logic that Religious and Spirituality might not be in the same range...would you agree that there can be a Spiritual Satanist or a Spiritual Atheist?

Dear Sravna,

Sometimes when someone irritates me...in my mind I might think @#%$$#..but I will smile outwardly.

So you see anyone can fake being not affected.

Multiple IDs or single IDs it does not matter- some members are not simply worth engaging with based on their repeated behaviours.
Why mess up our mind with useless chatter with people who are not genuine.

The good news is that we have lots of people here who are generally decent and worth engaging with.

I think everyone should be happy that at least there is some action now.

Forum has been pretty boring for sometime and with the recent event everyone is back into action...otherwise many members were in "silent mode"..they needed a controversy to make them spring into action.

So MSSG..whoever you are...Thank YOU!

Everyone of us has some amount of immaturity in us....we love garam masala and some fights...nothing to be ashamed of..we are just humans.

I personally wont mind engaging with anyone..mature or immature..decent or indecent...genuine or fake ..genius or brain dead.

All shades light up existence.

Last edited:
Multiple IDs is no identity crisis - It is glorified in our religion - தசாவதாரம் of Narayana is the basic faith of our religion ! What is right for God should be right for his followers as well!

The so called member was illogical and calling names....Good that we have called spade a spade

Does not really matter cos there was some good from it...now Forum has become active.

Everything happens for a reason.

I do not know the need for multiple IDs.

In this forum one can be in real avathar.

It is not frequented by youngsters [specially own children] , nor siblings .

One can let ones hair [whatever is left of it] down and be free to post reverentially and also more irreverentially on any topic.

Only there are some fault finders,holier than thou moralists and sermonisers making stomach turn with their posts.

we can always thumb them down and move on.

Does not really matter cos there was some good from it...now Forum has become active.

Everything happens for a reason.
Everything happens because it has to.

Some try to find reasons for that.

Why waste brains looking for hidden reason?

Let things as they happen.

Enjoy the happening if possible and derive pleasure .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back