Page 8 of 32 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 10/1
    Given: 7/0

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Raji Ram View Post
    ​This pretty lady has two nose rings and everyone admires her not only for her divine voice but also for her looks!

Source: Google images

Yes that's true it looks divine when M S Subbuluxmy has them, that was really special about her

probably i will some thing similar in a few weeks, actually people close to me are all exited

but now i am dreading the needle going through my nose tommorrow
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 154/72
    Given: 208/30

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaagmi View Post
    Daksha

Best wishes. You will be able to make your marriage work. You have the right attitude. Dump the words of doomsday soothsayers and live your life happily and meaningfully. God Bless You.
    Succumbing to adopting outdated religeous practices ,dress diktats from orthodox brahmin male and his family cannot be termed as right attitude.

A persons dress defines him/her and no one ought to force his dress preferances on another and pass judgement on that .

I have no hesitation in giving thumbs down to this post.
  3. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    If you are having a problem with a particular thread or user, please use the "REPORT POST" button beside the offending post to inform us or raise a complaint.
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 88/28
    Given: 30/43

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by krish44 View Post
    Succumbing to adopting outdated religeous practices ,dress diktats from orthodox brahmin male and his family cannot be termed as right attitude.
    A persons dress defines him/her and no one ought to force his dress preferances on another and pass judgement on that .
    I have no hesitation in giving thumbs down to this post.
    LOL. Thank you for the Thumbs down. For once you have lived honestly for a moment. May this continue. I have given you a thumbs up for your performance.

Please define what do you mean by outdated religious practises. Please list them and I can tell you why they are not outdated.

A military recruit is given a dress code. Even the Techie in an IT company has a dress code to follow meticulously. All these are forced on the individuals. Yes, the dress defines the individual. If your vadhyar comes to your house wearing a jeans and T-shirt and helps you perform a Amavasya tharpanam or a sraadhdham, it would look funny. Don't you agree? Or he comes to your house for a Suvasini Puja that your wife wants to conduct in shorts and T-shirt with his wife wearing hot pants or a miniskirt. Would your wife be pleased to offer the lady the manjal, kunkukam and saree that she wants to give?Or would your wife also offer her a pair of hot pants and miniskirts along with a -- you know what?

A vadhyar is supposed to sport a tuft, wear panchagachcham, vibhuti or naamam on his forehead to act as a priest in ceremonies at the house of grihastas. This is just like a pastor wearing a cloak while conducting services in the church. A vadhyar's/priest's wife has also to follow a certain dress code because she happens to be the wife of a vadhyar/priest. What she does within the four walls of her house is her choice. But in public she does not have that liberty. A husband and wife are a two person army fighting their battles in the world for survival and happiness. There is no use talking about dishormony here among them. They go together in every journey or they lose their way.

Please give me a thumbs down to this post too as that will make me happy. And I will understand that you are at your wits end. LOL.

I am not writing about the soupaathika seshathvam and nirupaathika seshathvam of vaishnava faith and its philosophical meaning and content here -- though I was tempted to write -- as it may fly above you and there is no provision to give two thumbs down to one post here. LOL.
    Last edited by Vaagmi; 05-01-2017 at 08:05 PM.
    Giving someone a piece of your soul is better than giving a piece of your heart. Because souls are eternal. --Helen Boswell
  5. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    If you are having a problem with a particular thread or user, please use the "REPORT POST" button beside the offending post to inform us or raise a complaint.
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thumbs Up/Down

Quote Originally Posted by renuka View Post
    Dear Dakshayani,

You are displaying supreme adaptation to your new role as a wife to your husband.

I admire you for your devotion to him.

God bless you in your marriage.

I am not a Tamil Brahmin so I can't really give you more advise besides giving you blessings for your marriage.

But from a perspective of a married woman..I can tell you to also save some amount of your true self and nature.

I am not trying to discourage you..there is no harm you adapt if that makes you happy but in early phase of marriage when Romance and Hormones flood our brain..everything would seem worth a sacrifice..as we age sometimes we miss being ourselves.

Don't entire give up yourself for anyone..just adapt enough to adjust to a new environment but be yourself...your mind is what you can safely call your own.

You may change your attire..your appearance but make sure you are also accepted as being You.

A husband and wife should love each other as who they are and not what they can be for each other.

Take Care.

Dheerga Sumangali Bhava.
    Thank you for the kind advise, I appreciate it & also Thank you for the wishes

I made the decision after considering for sometime, besides I do not feel i will change as a person, although it is true I will have restrictions that will come automatically.

i.e yesterday me and some close friends were in a mall in Chennai and we were the doing some shopping & dining. all of us were in western clothing. but once i change my attire it might be odd to go there like that given my age. so i might avoid it but i as a person will remain the same.

More importantly I felt it was my duty, because only I can take the position of wife so I made the decision based on that.
  7. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thumbs Up/Down

Daksha

Best wishes. You will be able to make your marriage work. You have the right attitude. Dump the words of doomsday soothsayers and live your life happily and meaningfully. God Bless You.
    Thank you I am confident, at the end I will be fine, I am aware I will have to undergo a lot of changes, which might be difficult but I am doing because I can understand my fiance's position. In the long term he will become one of the senior priests & it would be right if the wife is also dressed appropriately

It's not just me whose going to change my husband will also undergo considerable changes in his attire as for the future.

And my noses will be pierced tomorrow, because to wear the larger studs I will have to have the wounds healed in time for the wedding.
  9. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 25/4
    Given: 283/71

How do you know who gave you thumbs down? I would have thought only people with admin rights would have access to the information.
  11. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thumbs Up/Down

She was not a priest's wife though. So maybe nose ring wearing is not caste based?

Quote Originally Posted by Raji Ram View Post
    ​This pretty lady has two nose rings and everyone admires her not only for her divine voice but also for her looks!

Source: Google images
  13. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 211/42
    Given: 224/33

I wonder who that incognito friend is, who gave thumbs down to M S amma's image and my admiring comment on her!
    But ........... Another friend balanced it with a thumbs up!!
  15. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thumbs Up/Down

RRji, I really hope you don't suspect me.
  17. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 211/42
    Given: 224/33

............ there is no provision to give two thumbs down to one post here. LOL.
    FYI, Vaagmi Sir, my thumbs up to one post was denied with a note 'Thumbs up not allowed'!
  19. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
Page 8 of 32 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast