Page 11 of 32 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 10/1
    Given: 7/0

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Raji Ram View Post
    We are awaiting Dhaksha's experience while getting her nose pierced twice!
    Raji maam, I have indeed pierced both sides. Currently having 2 small gold nose studs, the wounds are expected to heal in 10-15 days. So the holes will be ready for me to wear the larger mookuthis.

It was one of the most painful experiences I had !!!!

They used a needle 2 for each nose, the stud was attached to the back so once the needle goes through the front of the needle was removed and screwed from the inside !!!!!

initially for the first nose I managed to hold back my tears, but for the second one I could not control my tears it was so painful s I let it out. was a bit embarrassing.Hope

It feels odd the studs sitting on my nose, may be because they are new & I am having significant pain, did apply some anti septic cream.

Now interested to see my mookuthi design, just wonder how heavy are they going to be !!!!!!!!!!
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thumbs Up/Down

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by vgane View Post
    My own take is that Vadhyar's wife normally supports her husband..My family recently wet to our village (Ganapathy Agraharam) & had lunch at the Vadhyar's house...The wife was dressed in madisar & both husband -wife combo served us delicious food...It was a spiritual atmosphere...We were all very happy with the hospitality...

In case Daksha is OK with the change (as she does not want to offend her husband's family) why should we poke our nose in her belief & value system..

Hope this forum does not morph into a neo liberal movement!!
    You are right , that was the advise I received as well, because my fiancÚ will be entering priesthood I also should be dressed in a traditional manner, because ineviebly the wife becomes a part of husband and a wife dressed in western dress will not be appropriate.

Another fact is not that all ladies in my fiancÚ's family will dress like, it's the ones who choose priest hood only will do it.
  3. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    If you are having a problem with a particular thread or user, please use the "REPORT POST" button beside the offending post to inform us or raise a complaint.
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thumbs Up/Down

We are awaiting Dhaksha's experience while getting her nose pierced twice!
    Just realised another thing with my nos piercing is they are not both nostrils are not at the same level,was worried a bit initially but now realised they are done like that deliberately. Left is a bit higher than the right side!!!
  5. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    If you are having a problem with a particular thread or user, please use the "REPORT POST" button beside the offending post to inform us or raise a complaint.
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 69/6
    Given: 246/15

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Daksha Kumar View Post
    Just realised another thing with my nos piercing is they are not both nostrils are not at the same level,was worried a bit initially but now realised they are done like that deliberately. Left is a bit higher than the right side!!!
    Is it because the he left will have a heavier nose stud (8 stoned Ettukkal besari} than the right one (4 stoned?)
  7. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 191/30
    Given: 198/24

ettuk kallu bEsari pOttA eduppA irukkum mookku!!

Source:
    aduththAththu ambujaththa
  9. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thumbs Up/Down

Quote Originally Posted by vgane View Post
    Is it because the he left will have a heavier nose stud (8 stoned Ettukkal besari} than the right one (4 stoned?)

I assume that to be the case, for my piercing his cousin and 2 aunts came, the left one did look larger but i did not note the level at that moment. (too nervous to even speak at that time worried about the pain)

not sure if that was besari but it was larger

Was happy to see his cousin also dressed the way i am supposed after marriage,she is 31 so good to have some company.
  11. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thumbs Up/Down

ettuk kallu bEsari pOttA eduppA irukkum mookku!!

Source:
    aduththAththu ambujaththa
    Went out for the first after my piercings, really had difficulties looking people into their eyes, felt really self conscious, but i will adapt myself,will get a chance to see the larger mookuthies once I receive them.

Still I feel surprised all the clothes I have in my wardrobe will be redundant in few of weeks, so enjoying wearing them for the last time, then it will be saree time.
  13. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 20/4
    Given: 243/61

Quote Originally Posted by tbs View Post
    hi

i think the any woman can choose their husband....after marriage....her choices are limited.....if she wants her own free will/choices...

better to be unmarried....other wise divorce inevitable,,,,
    TBSji, nowadays things are reversed. After marriage, the husband's choices are limited.

This thread is an exceptional case.
  15. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thumbs Up/Down

Quote Originally Posted by biswa View Post
    TBSji, nowadays things are reversed. After marriage, the husband's choices are limited.

I would not say I had no choice, but I clearly understood why they expected it from me, so obliged to change my attire.

Even if you assume that I am forced to do it, at the end of the day I will be doing something which is our culture I don't think there is any thing wrong in following our culture.
  17. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 72/5
    Given: 2/0

Quote Originally Posted by biswa View Post

hi sir,

i agreed...but many ammanjis still like old fashioned....mumma boys....its hard to change for some men....SOME HOMES

ARE MADURAI....SOME HOMES ARE STILL CHIDAMBARAM....
    asato maa sadh gamayaa, tamaso maa jyotir
    gamayaa, mrityor maa amritham gamayaaa..
    om shanti, om shanti, om shanti...upanishad
  19. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
Page 11 of 32 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast