Downloads
    Uploads
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 75/6
    Given: 2/0

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by krish44 View Post
    Vaagmiji

Who decides how vadhyar/priests wife should dress?

Not you or me for that matter.

I am speaking on basis of personal knowledge.

Wife of One of the top vadhyars in delhi wears maxis and receives all in that.

Daughter of a temple priest I know in bangalore is an IT professional . Here parents nor husbband from vadhyars family do not have any reservations on western dresses she

wears to her workplace .

These are random samples.

Would you bar the priest or vadhyar from entering your household if their spouse or child does not follow dress code you have decided for them?.lol

I find that strange and interesting.
    hi

you may know one famous vadhyar' s wife of east delhi area....she drives car and wears ONLY JEANS/TOP....i heard that she moved with

punjabi guy now....now a days...everyone moves with time/place...there is no exception...
    Last edited by tbs; 06-01-2017 at 11:49 PM.
    asato maa sadh gamayaa, tamaso maa jyotir
    gamayaa, mrityor maa amritham gamayaaa..
    om shanti, om shanti, om shanti...upanishad
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 211/41
    Given: 222/33

Quote Originally Posted by tbs View Post
    ,, you may know one famous vadhyar' s wife of east delhi area....she drives car and wears ONLY JEANS/TOP....

i heard that she moved with punjabi guy now.... ...
  3. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    If you are having a problem with a particular thread or user, please use the "REPORT POST" button beside the offending post to inform us or raise a complaint.
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 208/31
    Given: 195/33

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Originally Posted by tbs
    ,, you may know one famous vadhyar' s wife of east delhi area....

i heard that she moved with punjabi guy now....
    Situation song:

5. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    If you are having a problem with a particular thread or user, please use the "REPORT POST" button beside the offending post to inform us or raise a complaint.
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 154/71
    Given: 208/30

The popular dress of my colony for women [specially housewives] in the morning is maxi.

One finds dozens with child with school bags to put them in school buses.Also a few in milk queues and vegetable shops are attired similarly..

Most when one knocks on door of any flat, one will see only hand of women with open bag coming out to collect milk bags.Behind it if visible are the partially clad in maxis with hairs loose

looking like witches. A bit nightmarish to say the least.

They all assume only milkmen knock at that hour

These do not have time to dress in the morning.

One can see their point of view.
    Last edited by krish44; 07-01-2017 at 07:44 AM.
  7. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thumbs Up/Down

....... These do not have time to dress in the morning.

One can see their point of view.
    I beg to differ, Krish Sir! They don't have the 'mind' to change the dress.

Wearing a saree might take 5 minutes but wearing a salwar kameez hardly takes one minute!

BTW, I hate nighties and wear only salwar kameez as evening + night dress. And I stitch my own sets

either from material bought or from rarely used sarees.
  9. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 74/6
    Given: 281/15

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    My own take is that Vadhyar's wife normally supports her husband..My family recently wet to our village (Ganapathy Agraharam) & had lunch at the Vadhyar's house...The wife was dressed in madisar & both husband -wife combo served us delicious food...It was a spiritual atmosphere...We were all very happy with the hospitality...

In case Daksha is OK with the change (as she does not want to offend her husband's family) why should we poke our nose in her belief & value system..

Hope this forum does not morph into a neo liberal movement!!
  11. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thumbs Up/Down

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by vgane View Post
    My own take is that Vadhyar's wife normally supports her husband.. .............
    Yes Ganesh! We see many such couples in Thirukkadaiyur also.

Dhaksha has chosen her soul mate and the way to live. Let us wish her all the best!
  13. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 154/71
    Given: 208/30

Quote Originally Posted by Raji Ram View Post
    I beg to differ, Krish Sir! They don't have the 'mind' to change the dress.

Wearing a saree might take 5 minutes but wearing a salwar kameez hardly takes one minute!

BTW, I hate nighties and wear only salwar kameez as evening + night dress. And I stitch my own sets

either from material bought or from rarely used sarees.
    It is better that these women are in maxis.

Otherwise if they are in salwar kameez they might get mistaken for domestic helps who are immaculately dressed in salwar kameez for their morning work in houses.
  15. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thumbs Up/Down

It is better that these women are in maxis.

Otherwise if they are in salwar kameez they might get mistaken for domestic helps who are immaculately dressed in salwar kameez for their morning work in houses.
    ​Reminds me of the sweepers in Kerala, who take bath and come to work, with chandhan mark on their clean forehead!
  17. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 75/6
    Given: 2/0

hi

i think the any woman can choose their husband....after marriage....her choices are limited.....if she wants her own free will/choices...

better to be unmarried....other wise divorce inevitable,,,,
    asato maa sadh gamayaa, tamaso maa jyotir
    gamayaa, mrityor maa amritham gamayaaa..
    om shanti, om shanti, om shanti...upanishad
  19. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
Page 10 of 32 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast