• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Hanumath Jayanthi

Status
Not open for further replies.

praveen

Life is a dream
Staff member
Hanuman Jayanti is the birthday of Lord Hanuman. In Tamil Nadu, Hanuman Jayanti is observed during the Margazhi month (December – January) and the date is December 16.

Lord Hanuman symbolizes strength and unparalleled devotion and selfless service. He is the greatest devotee of Lord Ram and he is a Brahmachari (celibate) and humility is his hallmark.

The greatness of Hanuman is explained by Lord Ram in the Ramayan
Lord Ram said to Hanuman, ‘I am greatly indebted to you, O mighty hero. You did marvelous, superhuman deeds. You do not want anything in return. … you have not asked for anything at any time. You threw away the precious garland of pearls given to you by Sita.
How can I repay my debt of gratitude to you? I will always remain deeply indebted to you.
I give you the boon of everlasting life. All will honor and worship you like myself. Your idol will be placed at the door of my temple and you will be worshipped and honored first. Whenever my stories are recited or glories sung, your glory will be sung before mine. You will be able to do anything, even that which I will not be able to!’

Devotees chant Hanuman Chalisa and Hanuman Ashtak on the day. Most Hindu devotees also fast on the day or on the previous day.

Source: Hindu Blog.

Thanks Praveen. I thought of that important festival.Seeing Hanuman in delicious "vadamalai" and "vennaikappu" is really a good darshan.Hanuman Born to Anjana devi, Wife of King "Kesari", through Shri Vayu deva. Two simple slokas to recite during festival is:1. Manojavam maaruthi thulya vegamjithendriyam buddhimadhaam varishtamvaadhatmajam vaanarayudha mukyamsri rama dhutham sirasa namami2. Ramadutha mahatheerarudraveerya samuthpavaanjanagarba sambudhavayu putra namosthuthe.Am eagerly waiting for "delicious vadais" (Nanna kara kara nu milagu ellam pottu supera irukkum..." (Am very sorry hanuman ji. Whenever I think of you, these delicious thoughts also comes together...)Pranams

Namaste,

Why are there two Hanuman Jayanthi dates? There is one in spring time, and one in winter time. At my temple, we celebrated it last night with Hanuman puja and Hanuman Chaleesa. I was just curious as to why there are two dates for this festival?

Its from Wiki

In Maharashtra, Hanuman Jayanthi is celebrated on the full moon day (pūrnima) of the Hindu lunar month of Chaitra. A special feature of Hanuman Jayanthi is that according to some religious almanacs (panchāngs) the birthday of Hanuman falls on the fourteenth day (chaturdashi) in the dark fortnight of the month of Ashvin while according to others it falls on the full moon day in the bright fortnight of Chaitra. On this day, in a Hanuman temple spiritual discourses are started at dawn. Hanuman was born at sunrise. At that time the spiritual discourse is stopped and the offering of food (Prasad) is distributed to everyone. [1]
Spiritual discourses are organised in most of the Hindu temples on this day.
In the states of Tamil Nadu and Kerala, the Hanuman Jayanthi is celebrated in the month of Margazhi( normally comes between December 16 to January 14). There it is believed that Hanuman or Anjaneya was born on Moola Nakshatra,on the new moon day (amavasya) in the month of Margazhi.

Dear Il
Normally conflicts are there between places and even the types of worship. Even in the same sloka the words used by one region of people differs from others (Paadabedham). Like this, we have to take this issue. Noone knows when he born. With the details from scriptures, our forefathers have decided the dates like these. So its not wrong in both. We have to follow our traditional way and day...

Pranams

Om Sri Hanumate Namah!
Om Namo Bhagavate Sivanandaya!
Om Namo Bhagavate Chidanandaya!
Om Namo Bhagavate Krishnanandaya!

Namaste!

March 30th is the birthday of Lord Sri Hanuman. In
honour of this occasion we uploaded an article by Sri
Swami Chidanandaji titled "Strength and Humility" at:
http://www.dlshq.org/religions/strength.htm

There are also several articles on Hanuman Jayanthi
and the life of Hanuman by Sri Swami Sivanandaji. They
are:

1) Hanuman Jayanthi
http://www.dlshq.org/religions/hanuman_jay.htm

2) Sri Hanuman
http://www.dlshq.org/religions/hanuman2.htm
http://www.dlshq.org/religions/hanuman.htm

Hanumath Jayanti

Its from Wiki

In Maharashtra, Hanuman Jayanthi is celebrated on the full moon day (pūrnima) of the Hindu lunar month of Chaitra. A special feature of Hanuman Jayanthi is that according to some religious almanacs (panchāngs) the birthday of Hanuman falls on the fourteenth day (chaturdashi) in the dark fortnight of the month of Ashvin while according to others it falls on the full moon day in the bright fortnight of Chaitra. On this day, in a Hanuman temple spiritual discourses are started at dawn. Hanuman was born at sunrise. At that time the spiritual discourse is stopped and the offering of food (Prasad) is distributed to everyone. [1]
Spiritual discourses are organised in most of the Hindu temples on this day.
In the states of Tamil Nadu and Kerala, the Hanuman Jayanthi is celebrated in the month of Margazhi( normally comes between December 16 to January 14). There it is believed that Hanuman or Anjaneya was born on Moola Nakshatra,on the new moon day (amavasya) in the month of Margazhi.

Dear Il
Normally conflicts are there between places and even the types of worship. Even in the same sloka the words used by one region of people differs from others (Paadabedham). Like this, we have to take this issue. Noone knows when he born. With the details from scriptures, our forefathers have decided the dates like these. So its not wrong in both. We have to follow our traditional way and day...

Pranams

Yes. The religious leaders from four directions and the eight corners can come together totally shedding egos and remove the anomalies and avoid conflicts. Pray, let them have a sense of purpose and absolutely unbiased approach. All the best.

Respected Renuka Mam

Normally Hanuman Jayanthi is celebrated in the month of "marghazhi" (Dec--Jan), Somewhere its celebrated even on the month of "Chaitra" (April). The info provided by you is celebrating this on March. Can you shed more light on this?

Pranams

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back