Tamil Brahmins
Page 16 of 27 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 36/1
    Given: 0/0

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Never give up on what you really want to do. The person with big dreams is more powerful than one with all the facts." ~ Albert Einstein
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thumbs Up/Down

The following is an excerpt from The Mastery of Love by don Miguel Ruiz. In it, you will find a powerful analogy that will help you better understand your capacity for love and how relationships can squander love if you’re not careful. We hope it helps! Enjoy 🙂

Imagine that you have a magical kitchen in your home. In that magical kitchen, you can have any food you want from any place in the world in any quantity. You never worry about what to eat; whatever you wish for, you can have at your table. You are very generous with your food; you give your food unconditionally to others, not because you want something in return from them. Whoever comes to your home, you feed just for the pleasure of sharing your food, and your house is always full of people who come to eat the food from your magical kitchen.
    Then one day someone knocks at your door, and it’s a person with a pizza. You open the door, and the person looks at you and says, “Hey, do you see this pizza? I’ll give you this pizza if you let me control your life, if you just do whatever I want you to do. You are never going to starve because I can bring pizza every day. You just have to be good to me.”
    Can you imagine your reaction? In your kitchen you can have the same pizza—even better. Yet this person comes to you and offers you food, if you just do whatever he wants you to do. You are going to laugh and say, “No, thank you! I don’t need your food; I have plenty of food. You can come into my house and eat whatever you want, and you don’t have to do anything. Don’t believe I’m going to do whatever you want me to do. No one will manipulate me with food.”
    Now imagine exactly the opposite. Several weeks have gone by, and you haven’t eaten. You are starving, and you have no money in your pocket to buy food. The person comes with pizza and says, “Hey there’s food here. You can have this food if you just do what I want you to do.” You can smell the food, and you are starving. You decide to accept the food and do whatever that person asks of you. You eat some food, and he says, “If you want more, you can have more, but you have to keep doing what I want you to do.”
    You have food today, but tomorrow you may not have food, so you agree to do whatever you can for food. You can become a slave because of food, because you need food, because you don’t have it. then after a certain time you have doubts. You say, “What am I going to do without my pizza? I cannot live without my pizza. What if my partner decides to give the pizza to someone else — my pizza?”
    Now imagine that instead of food, we are talking about love. You have an abundance of love in your heart. You have love not just for yourself, but for the whole world. You love so much that you don’t need anyone’s love. You share your love without condition; you don’t love if. You are a millionaire in love, and someone knocks on your door and says, “Hey, I have love for you here. You can have my love, if you just do whatever I want you to do.”
    When you are full of love, what is going to be your reaction? You will laugh and say, “Thank you, but I don’t need your love. I have the same love here in my heart, even bigger and better, and I share my love without condition.”
    But what is going to happen if you are starving for love, if you don’t have that love in your heart, and someone comes and says, “You want a little love? You can have my love if you just do what I want you to do.” If you are starving for love, and you taste that love, you are going to do whatever you can for that love. You can even be so needy that you give your whole soul just for a little attention.
    Your heart is like that magical kitchen. If you open your heart, you already have all the love you need. There’s no need to go around the world begging for love: “Please, someone love me. I’m so lonely, I’m not good enough for love; I need someone to love me, to prove that I’m worthy of love.” We have love right here inside us, but we don’t see this love.
  3. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    If you are having a problem with a particular thread or user, please use the "REPORT POST" button beside the offending post to inform us or raise a complaint.
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thumbs Up/Down

“When we say that leadership is a choice, it basically means you can choose the level of initiative you want to exercise in response to the question, ‘What is the best I can do under the given circumstances?’” Stephen Covey
  5. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    If you are having a problem with a particular thread or user, please use the "REPORT POST" button beside the offending post to inform us or raise a complaint.
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thumbs Up/Down

“Most leaders would agree that they’d be better off having an average strategy with superb execution than a superb strategy with poor execution. Those who execute always have the upper hand.” Stephen Covey
  7. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thumbs Up/Down

A little example for us about parents

Pencil: I'm sorry.
    Eraser: For what?
    You didn't do anything wrong.

Pencil: I'm sorry,
    you get hurt because of me.
    Whenever I made a mistake,
    you're always there to erase it.

But as you make my mistakes vanish,
    you lose a part of yourself and get smaller and smaller each time.

Eraser: That's true, but I don't really mind.

You see, I was made to do this,
    I was made to help you whenever you do something wrong,

Even though one day I know I'll begone. I'm actually happy with my job.
    So please, stop worrying I hate
    seeing you sad.

"Our Parents are like the eraser,
    whereas we children are the pencil.
    They're always there for their children, cleaning up their mistakes.

Sometimes along the way they get hurt and
    become smaller (older and eventually pass on)

Take care of your Parents, treat them with kindness and most especially love them ♥

♥ I Love My Parents ♥
  9. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thumbs Up/Down

“Beyond the conceivable, beyond light, sound, thoughts - in stillness at the core dwells Source. From here comes infinite healing! Connect with the White Light and manifest your life!”
    ~ Sunetra Basu
  11. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thumbs Up/Down

Make it your moment-to-moment aim to recognize the difference between being aware of your thoughts, and being carried along by them."~ Guy Finley
  13. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thumbs Up/Down

Using awareness, personal responsibility and inner work to review our unskillful or frightened reactions, we become more adept at turning habitual reactions to balanced responses. These moments are very exciting and gratifying." ~ John Earle
  15. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thumbs Up/Down

There was a man taking a morning wa lk at or the beach. He saw that along with the morning tide came hundreds of starfish and when the tide receded, they were left behind and with the morning sun rays, they would die. The tide was fresh and the starfish were alive. The man took a few steps, picked one and threw it into the water. He did that repeatedly. Right behind him there was another person who couldn't understand what this man was doing. He caught up with him and asked, "What are you doing? There are hundreds of starfish. How many can you help? What difference does it make?" This man did not reply, took two more steps, picked up another one, threw it into the water, and said, "It makes a difference to this one."

What difference are we making? Big or small, it does not matter. If everyone made a small difference, we'd end up with a big difference, wouldn't we?
  17. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thumbs Up/Down

Happy:

We all know that money can't buy happiness … but many times we act as if we'd be happier with a bit more money.

We are conditioned to want to be rich (when we know the rich aren't happy either)...

We are trained to want the latest gadget or style that television tells us to want...

We want to earn more money because then we'll have the good life.

But none of that will bring us happiness. No matter how much we earn.No matter how much we have in the bank.

No matter how nice our clothing or cars or toys, none of it will make us happier.

And the sad thing is that it could take us decades of pursuing wealth and luxury items before we realize this.

So what will bring us happiness? Luckily, it's three things that don't cost a thing.

These three things have been proven by research - surveys of hundreds of thousands of people about what they have, what their lives are like, and how happy they are.
    Here they are, the "Three Secrets to Happiness":

1. Good relationships: We have a human need to be close, to be intimate, with other human beings.

Having good, supportive friendships, a strong marriage or close and loving relationships with our family members will make us much more likely to be happy.

Action steps: Take time, today, to spend time with your loved ones, to tell them what they mean to you, to listen to them, and develop your relationship with them.

2. Positive thinking: I'm obviously a big proponent of positive thinking as the best way to achieve your goals, but it turns out that it can lead to happiness too.

Optimism and self-esteem are some of the best indicators of people who lead happy lives.

Happy people feel empowered, in control of their lives, and have a positive outlook on life.

Action steps: Make positive thinking a habit. In fact, this should be one of the first habits you develop.

Get into the habit of squashing all negative thoughts and replacing them with positive ones.

Instead of "I can't" think "I can". It may sound corny, but it has worked for me, every time.

3. Flow: This is a popular concept on the Internet these days - the state we enter when we are completely focused on the work or task before us.

We are so immersed in our task that we lose track of time.

Having work and leisure that gets you in this state of flow will almost undoubtedly lead to happiness.

People find greatest enjoyment not when they're passively mindless, but when they're absorbed in a mindful challenge.

Action steps: Find work that you're passionate about. Seriously - this is an extremely important step.

Find hobbies that you're passionate about.

Turn off the TV - this is the opposite of flow - and get outside and do something that truly engages you.

You've been given the Three Secrets to Happiness. Don't waste them!

Follow these and be motivated...
  19. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.