Downloads
    Uploads
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 0/0
    Given: 0/0

Question Question on House Movement

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Hello,

I have a own house where we resided over 10 years. Due to renovation, we had moved to another rental house around a year ago.

My father deceased last month. My own house is equally ready after renovation now.

I have heard elders say that if parent/family member deceases we should not do good things (like pooja / archanai / etc) in family for 1 year.

My question is whether I can do a simple milk boiling and move to my own house or do I need to stay in rental house till father's annual ceremony completes (11 months).

What does sastram say ?

Thanks for your valuable advice.
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 36/2
    Given: 4/0

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    you can do milk boiling and go and stay there. you can do nithya pooja ( panchayathna pooja) and archanai to swamy pictures. you need not wait until annual ceremony.
  3. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    If you are having a problem with a particular thread or user, please use the "REPORT POST" button beside the offending post to inform us or raise a complaint.