• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Question on House Movement

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,

I have a own house where we resided over 10 years. Due to renovation, we had moved to another rental house around a year ago.

My father deceased last month. My own house is equally ready after renovation now.

I have heard elders say that if parent/family member deceases we should not do good things (like pooja / archanai / etc) in family for 1 year.

My question is whether I can do a simple milk boiling and move to my own house or do I need to stay in rental house till father's annual ceremony completes (11 months).

What does sastram say ?

Thanks for your valuable advice.

you can do milk boiling and go and stay there. you can do nithya pooja ( panchayathna pooja) and archanai to swamy pictures. you need not wait until annual ceremony.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back