• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Shirdi Sai Baba called a Devil by Swaroopanand Saraswati, but is there any truth 2 it

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Jeeyardaasa

Swaroopananda saraswathi said in many households, people are worshiping a devil called sai baba. But is there any truth to it logically?

What I can tell is Shirdi Sai baba is a recent phenomenon just like Santhoshi maata, Ayyappa(No valid scriptures gives his mention). But looking more into his history or his charitra points to some facts like

1. He used to kill and eat meat
2. He used to curse in Urdu, there are even stories that 3 marathis created this phenomenon to milk money from the people.
3. Even if one does not care about point #1 and #2, he died of fever and was buried in Islamic style.

His dead body was supposedly buried in Sri Krishna temple replacing the main deity. Let's analyze the point # 3 for a moment, No Vaidika/ a modern (hindu) never worships a dead body. The jagadgurus in our religion are called as jIvanmuktas and they were buried while they were alive and hence we can worship them but no (hindu) worships a dead body as the dead body is the house for Pretas and is treated as such.

Now, as it is said in Vedas essence BG, people who worship what, they reach that. So people who worship pretas will ideally go to Preta Lokas..Seems sad, but I think this is very dangerous for an spiritual aspirant!

Thoughts?

Though I am not a follower of any Saibaba I have this to say.

Perhaps this Sheerdi Baba was a jeevanmukta. A jeevanmukta can be from any religion and any community. So this Saibaba as a jeevanmukta might have attained jeevasamadhi. So he is worshipped by his followers as he perhaps gives them solace and performs miracles in their lives.

It is a belief system and it can not be explained rationally. And knowledge which is beyond rational explanation is also knowledge. There is no need to be judgmental about the Saibaba bhaktas.

Though I am not a follower of any Saibaba I have this to say.

Perhaps this Sheerdi Baba was a jeevanmukta. A jeevanmukta can be from any religion and any community. So this Saibaba as a jeevanmukta might have attained jeevasamadhi. So he is worshipped by his followers as he perhaps gives them solace and performs miracles in their lives.

It is a belief system and it can not be explained rationally. And knowledge which is beyond rational explanation is also knowledge. There is no need to be judgmental about the Saibaba bhaktas.
As per his Sai Charitra from Shirdi Trust, he died of fever and was buried in the nearby temple. So he is not a jivanmukta

I agree with post#2.

Welcome Jeeyarji.
You are new to the forum.
It is disrespectful to badmouth a religious person respected by others..

Dear Vaagmi Sir,
You have really evolved!! :clap2:

I am sure because one of your harsh comments about Lord Shiva is still in my memory! :D

As per his Sai Charitra from Shirdi Trust, he died of fever and was buried in the nearby temple. So he is not a jivanmukta

Dear Jeeyardas,

There has to be a cause of death for everyone in this world.

Jeevan Mukthas still do experience their Prarabdha Karma...Even Ramakrishna Paramhansa died of throat cancer.

BTW I dont think Shiridi Baba was called the Devil by the Swaroopnand Saraswati.

Why would he?

Swaroopnand Saraswati is not a muslim or christian to believe the Devil exists.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back