• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Finding my Kula Deivam

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your horoscope will indicate which deity it is. But many people strictly follow specific temple of that deity which your horoscope may not indicate. you can refer to various practices specific for your house hold and names of your forefathers ( like in ancient times, people used to name their children after their kula daivam), and also you can try and find about whether there any specific rituals practiced in your house which you or your immediate relatives never want to ignore etc... which will also suggest a good indication towards your query.

Last edited:
Dear Mr.Prasad,

Thanks for pointing out the search functionality. I did do a search on this. I am not looking for definition of Kula Deivam or what can be a good alternative. I respect your opinion that God is just a symbol etc.,

I am looking specifically for the deity that has been worshipped in my family by the earlier generations since there seems to be no one with credible knowledge currently living in our family.

Even within Brahmins, Iyengars (which I belong to), there are variations in Kula Deivam.

Regards,
Harish

kindly send me your horoscope. through thamboola prasnam i will tell you your kula deivam. kindly buy betel for ten rupees and show it to me one by one in the skype.

Dear Mr.Prasad,

Thanks for pointing out the search functionality. I did do a search on this. I am not looking for definition of Kula Deivam or what can be a good alternative. I respect your opinion that God is just a symbol etc.,

I am looking specifically for the deity that has been worshipped in my family by the earlier generations since there seems to be no one with credible knowledge currently living in our family.

Even within Brahmins, Iyengars (which I belong to), there are variations in Kula Deivam.

Regards,
Harish

As per Vaagmiji, who is the resident authority on anything Iyengar, there is no separate Kula Deivam other than Perumal for Iyengars.
As I suggested if you had gone back to the thread and seen other posts, you would have found your answer.
What if Mr. Gopalam comes back and says according to your horoscope your kula deivam is Dakshina moorty, are you going to worship a Shiva?
http://www.tamilbrahmins.com/showthread.php?t=25989&p=307236#post307236

There was also another great post by Sangomji.
http://www.tamilbrahmins.com/showthread.php?t=25989&p=307200#post307200
And another one
http://www.tamilbrahmins.com/showthread.php?t=25989&p=311555#post311555

Last edited:
kindly send me your horoscope. through thamboola prasnam i will tell you your kula deivam. kindly buy betel for ten rupees and show it to me one by one in the skype.

Thank you Gopalan ji. I have sent you Skype friend request. Let me know how I can send the horoscope PDF to you. Please share your email address or a way in the forum to direclty send PDF to you.

Regards,
Harish

Kuladeivam worship

Dear Harish,
In Hindu System, there are several deities for various reasons. Kuladeivam is one who was worshipped by your forefathers.In the earlier days, migration was unheard of. So one's Kuladeivam, Method of worship etc., were passed down from Grandfather to Father to Grandson and so on. In fact several families having the same Kuladeivam will assemble on a particular day in a year at the Kuladeivam Temple and worship their Kuladeivam. I heard that Nagaratthars are still following this. Unfortunately, with the migration to other states, other countries etc., worshipping Kuladeivam is slowly disappearing. This is not good and to be avoided at all cost. There are people who will tell you your Kuladeivam by Prasnam. Pl.approach them. Find your Kuladeivam and worship him.

Vaazhga, Valarga, Valamudan Irukka.

R.Ramaswami

Last edited:
Dear Harish,
In Hindu System, there are several deities for various reasons. Kuladeivam is one who was worshipped by your forefathers.In the earlier days, migration was unheard of. So one's Kuladeivam, Method of worship etc., were passed down from Grandfather to Father to Grandson and so on. In fact several families having the same Kuladeivam will assemble on a particular day in a year at the Kuladeivam Temple and worship their Kuladeivam. I heard that Nagaratthars are still following this. Unfortunately, with the migration to other states, other countries etc., worshipping Kuladeivam is slowly disappearing. This is not good and to be avoided at all cost. There are people who will tell you your Kuladeivam by Prasnam. Pl.approach them. Find your Kuladeivam and worship him.

Vaazhga, Valarga, Valamudan Irukka.

R.Ramaswami

Thank you Mr.Ramaswami. Yes, my idea is to find our the Kula Deivam that was actually worshipped by my grandfather/great grandfather etc., and start/continue the worshipping, if possible do Thirumanjanam in the temple and at least visit once annually.

We visit Uppiliappan temple every year, but that is more of a tradition passed to us.

Regards,
Harish

My e mail I.D. is [email protected] . kindly me send your horoscope pdf and date of birth; time of birth; and place of birth. From the thamboola prasna laknam the fourth house lord will be your kula deivam. from sara/ sthira/ upaya rasi i can tell you the distance of your kula deivam from your birth place. and the direction and the condition of the temple.

kula deivam

Hello All,

Due to various reasons, I found that in our family we do not follow Kula Deiva Vazhipaadu properly. Is it possible to find the Kula Deivam based on date of birth/jathakam?

Any help on this would be appreciated.

Regards,
Harish

sir,now I am in chennai.you may contact me.cell no.9994416550.

Dear Harish,
Please login to 'rightmantra.com' Recently I read an article, actually an interview, that answers your quary well.

R.Ramaswami

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back