• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Jagatguru Sri Maha Periyava Messages

Status
Not open for further replies.
V

V.Balasubramani

Periyava-Blessing.jpg

Source: Google images.

பெரியவா சரணம் !!

Om Sri Gurubyo Namah

Sada Shiva Samarambham
Sankaracharya Madhyamam
Asmat aacharya Paryantham
Vande Guru Paramparaa

I take this opportunity to thank each and every member of this Forum for their continued support and encouragement which I value more.

For obvious reasons, I have decided to post such messages in this new dedicated thread in future.

Thank you once again.

Experiences with Maha Periyava: Periya Doctor... (The Great Doctor)

It would have been in the year 1957. Kanchi Maha Swamigal and Sri Jayendra Saraswathi Swamigal were camping in a house in Rameswaram Road, T. Nagar (Chennai). I was living with my parents in the Northern end of the same street. My age then was twenty two. I was studying in a Secondary Grade Teachers Training School.

Sometimes Maha Periyava used to pass through my house, either during the morning or the evening hours. I have often seen Sri Swamigal cross my house on the street. My mother at those times would be waiting at the entrance with a camphor plate, after having drawn a kolam in front of our house. It became her custom to show the lighted camphor before Sri Maha Periyava when he came in front of our house, and prostrate to him.

The progressive thoughts in my mind, a sense of defiance, the nerve of youth, the lack of maturity to distinguish between good and bad--all these came together when I chided my mother, "This man is some sanyasi. Why do you prostrate to him? What do you gain by that act? You are thus prostrating to him in an uncivilized way continuously, is he going to save you? Don't do such wrong things hereafter." Hearing my indecent words my mother said, "Podaa, Po!" ("Mind your business!") And went inside.

Years rolled by. I started working as a teacher in the P.S. High School, Mylapore, Chennai in the year 1959.

A few years later, my mother started suffering from a severe setback in her health, her BP shooting up. The VHS hospital at Taramani, Chennai had just then been established. I admitted my mother there for treatment. At that time I was taking tuition at their house for the two sons of Mani Aiyer, proprietor of Kalyani Hotel (the hotel is no longer there now) near Mylapore Kapali temple. His family was very devoted and loyal to Sri Maha Swamigal. They would often go to Kanchipuram and have darshan. They would consider doing service to His holy feet as their most enduring happiness.

Mani Aiyer was residing in a house in Mandaveli near Mylapore. In the small puja room opposite the hall of their house, an adorned holy picture of Sri Maha Periyava was kept. A lamp would always be burning by the side of the picture. I would be sitting on the swing in the hall and taking class for the two boys. Since the puja room was always kept open, when Sri Periyava's picture came under my glance, a prickling sensation would arise in me. I would get down, go and close the puja room doors and then continue my teaching. It has happened several times this way.
As I mentioned earlier, I was worrying over my mother's health condition and was teaching the lessons somewhat for namesake. Tears would fill my eyes. The worry and fear that my mother would pass away leaving me alone would surge through my mind.

One day when the teaching was going on, Thiru. Mani Aiyer who was just back home asked me, "What Sir! You are worried, your eyes have turned red! What is the matter?" Wiping my eyes I said, "Nothing of that sort Mani Aiyer! My mother's health is not alright. Hypertension. I have admitted her in the VHS. That is the cause of my worry."

Mani Aiyer: You showed her to a good doctor?

Myself: I told you already that I have admitted her in the VHS.

Mani Aiyer: What did they say?

Myself: They said that she will be alright, no cause to worry. But I am not satisfied with their words.

Mani Aiyer: Sir! Let your worries go. I shall take you to a big doctor. Your mother will become alright by his mere look.

Myself: Is that so? Who is that doctor, my mother would be cured if she is shown to him? Where does that big doctor reside? When can I see him? Shall I bring my mother right now?

There was anxiety in my reply; also haste and enthusiam; much anticipation; because my mother should get well completely soon.

Mani Aiyer: Your mother need not come. It is enough if only you come.

Myself: Mani Aiyer! The disease is not for me, but my mother! If I come how can my mother become alright? Shoud not that big doctor test my mother?

Mani Aiyer: Not necessary. If that big doctor just looks at you, your mother will become alright.

Myself: (with some distrust) If I am seen my mother would become alright? Such a kind of doctor? Alright. If that is the case I shall come right now. Come on, let us go and see him.

Mani Aiyer: You cannot see him just like that. He is not here. He is in Kanchipuram.
Myself: In Kanchipuram? Why should such a big doctor reside in that place? Who is he? M.B.B.S. or M.D.?

Mani Aiyer: He is beyond those degrees. He is the doctor of the doctors. (Pointing to Periyava's picture in the puja room) He is the doctor I referred to.

Myself: (laughing loudly without being aware of it) What Mani Aiyer! This man, a doctor? He is the doctor of doctors? What do you babble? How can a sanyasi become a doctor? If it is a question of some puja or rituals I can believe it. But then you talk of this man as a big doctor! Hmm... Would it be possible for this sanyasi to cure my mother? This is just your imagination... (The words came out of the edge of my sorrow).

Mani Aiyer: What, MeenakshiSundaram! You who is born in the Brahmin community talk this way?

Myself: Then what Sir! After saying that you would take me to a big doctor, you now say that you would take me to a sanyasi! How can it be possible by this kind of an action?

Mani Aiyer: Meenakshi Sundaram, your mother should become alright for you. Only that, right? I am responsible for it. We go to Kanchipuram tomorrow itself, alright?

Myself: (with klesha) Mani Aiyer, if we go to him will my mother really get well?

Mani Aiyer: Certainly. Enough if you have darshan of him and just speak about your mother. Your mother will certainly get well. You can also remain in peace.

Myself: In that case I shall come to Kanchipuram. But when we are there you should not compel me to remove my shirt, take bath, wear vibhuti-kumkumam, or do namaskaram. I shall come; see him; tell him about my mother; that's all. (The torsion of the young blood was not gone yet).

Mani Aiyer: What Ayya, would you not take bath daily? Would you not remove your shirt occasionally? Not wear vibhuti-kumkumam even rarely? Do those things just once tomorrow! What, will that drown your lineage?

Without knowing why, I did not object but agreed to those words of him. On the next day, the three of us--Mani Aiyer, myself and Thiru. Venkataraman who worked with me started and reached Kanchipuram in the morning hours. Taking bath in the Sarva Tirta Kulam and wearing vibhuti and dhoti, I reached the gates of Kanchi SriMatham for the first time in my life. And yes! There was a feeling of something like an electric vibration in my body.

We entered the Matham. Kanchi Maha Swamigal was in the front hall! Yes, the big doctor! He was sitting, leaning on a rice bag. Fruit plates and garlands of flowers are seen before him. Also a queue for his darshan. We too tucked ourselves in that queue.

A bamboo plate in my hand. In the plate were fruits, spinach and some vegetables. My glance fell on the ascetic king seated there. Without any efforts, tears started to flow from my eyes. Yes, I wept without my knowing it. I didn't understand the reason. Why should I weep?

His keen look that has divine light fell on me. Raising his head that God gestured me to come to him. He might have known my sorrow with his prevision.
Again that Talking God beckoned me with a raised hand. I walked slowly and peacefully to him, placed the bamboo plate in my hand before him and prostrated to him unknowingly.

"Are you ashtasahasram (a sub sect)?"

"Yes."

"What relationship do Seshadri, Kunju in Karukudi have with you?" (Karukudi is a hamlet near Thiruvaiyaru).

"They are relatives of my aunt."

"Your grandfather was the Palace Receiver in Thanjavur! Was he before or after Sundaram Aiyer?"

I nodded head that I did not know it. Silence prevailed for sometime.
Raising his head, "You have admitted your mother in the hospital? How is she now?"

What! That God asked me the same question that I came to him with, seeking remedy. For this too, I just stood sobbing, with no reply from me.

"Don't worry! Your mother will get well and return home."

Yes! That big doctor had given a new lease of life to my mother! That Mahan looked sharply at me for sometime. Then, giving me prasadam, he blessed, "Give this to your mother. She will get back home well."

To this date, I heartily bow and adore that "great doctor" who vanquished the demon of ignorance in my mind and put me on the right path.

As foretold by that "great doctor", my mother got well and arrived home safely. The big doctor has saved my mother's life. He is taking care of us till this day.

Author: V. Meenakshi Sundaram, Secretary, Hindu Dharma Manram, Chennai-33
Source: Maha Periyaval - Darisana Anubhavangal vol. 1
Compiled by Jagadguru Sri Maha Periyava - Kanchi Paramacharya/Fb

Link:
https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=1132824566807422&id=668285496594667&substory_index=0

ஹர ஹர சங்கர ஜெய ஜெய சங்கர !!

Last edited by a moderator:

பெரியவா சரணம் !!

Experiences with Maha Periyava: Memorable moments with Divinity

The day WHEN I had I could have looked forward submit a brief Glimpse of The Parama The privilege of charya of Kanchi at least from a distance. At last that day came in 1963. I was at Madurai on holiday.

It so happened that the Paramacharya had been camping at Narayanapuram outside the city. One July morning I decided to take a chance at the Matham. I wrote my local address on the visiting card and gave it to one of the aides who immediately sent it for the Mahaswami's attention. No reaction. I sat in a corner resignedly prepared for a long wait.

After a couple of hours, Paramacharya came out to perform "Go Puja". Though I was within His sight, He did not take notice of me. Since it was time for His other rituals, He disappeared into solitude of His private retreat.
Hours passed. No response from Him till 7pm. I was told not to wait any longer, because it was time for Mahaswami's evening puja after which He would retire for the day.

This went on for five long frustrating days. But I would not give up. The longer I had to wait, the stronger was my resolve to have an audience with Him. At last on the sixth day, at about 1pm I received word from the Matham that "Periyava" would like to see me.

I rushed to the Matham without a minute's delay. But no, it was not that easy. I was told to wait. After four hours, Paramacharya agreed to see me.

The moment of ecstasy had arrived. I was face to face with divinity in flesh and blood. I was immediately reminded of what Arthur Koestler, a tough, intellectually arrogant atheist and iconoclast said about the Paramacharya.

After an audience with him, the controversial author of the irreverent book on India and Japan, "The Lotus and the Robot", said in effect that if God exists, here He is!

Receiving me with the sort of smile one sees only on the bronze icons of deities, the sort of smile about which Koestler said: "If ever Jesus smiled, he must have smiled like this great Hindu saint", the Paramacharya began comfortingly: "Did you have to wait too long? I was only testing the strength of your faith. Now relax. Before you ask about me, I must ask about you.

His questions reflecting his transparent, fatherly concern focussed on my family background, early life, my main interests, details of my professional career, my health problems, if any, my life in Bombay, and the like. He was now in a communicative mode, which prompted me to share my ten-page questionnaire with Him.

After a casual glance at the questionnaire, He returned it to me saying, "Read out the questions first, before I react to them. After you have finished, I'll try to answer one by one. No hurry, we can go through the exercise at leisure. The real reason for my making you wait for nearly six days was my selfish desire to spend a sufficiently long time with you for a meaningful, mutually beneficial discussion. Now you ask and I answer. Let us settle for a long, unhurried tete-a-tete as the French might say. "

Our two-day long discussions that covered a wide range of areas as divergent as Aristotle and Adi Shankara at one extreme and astrophysics and Atharvaveda at the other, were spread over nearly ten hours, five hours each day. The venue was a most unlikely one; the store room with rats, spiders, cockroaches and lizards all over the place.

Paramacharya was sitting on the bare floor rested against a rice sack. As we were talking, the stream of bhaktas from different parts of the world and India continued and every one of them received His attention.

They spoke to Him in their respective languages ​​in which He also seemed to feel thoroughly comfortable, handling each of these with the ease and grace of His own mother tongue, Kannada.

To my astonishment, His aides told me that He had a mastery of 17 languages.

Three weeks later. The first instalment of my two part article had just appeared in my paper. I went to the Matham with the issue. The Paramacharya's aides had already shown him a copy.

Greeting me with an embarrassed smile, He said gently: "After reading your article I feel taller by a few inches. I wish you had not praised me so much. "I said:" It's nothing, Your Holiness, compared to what the Western intellectuals keep saying about you. "

To which He replied: "I wish you had praised other Shankara Peethams also. You see, we have no protocol problems. We are all engaged in the same task of continuing Bhagavatpada's mission. You could have avoided that unfavourable reference to another Matham an equally great institution set up by one of Adi Shankara's senior disciples. I hope you do not run into rough weather because of your over enthusiasm for the Kanchi Matham.

Placing my copy of the weekly before Him, I requested Him to autograph it. Politely refusing, He said: "Sanyasis do not sign. Narayana! "

Paramacharya made every devotee feel specially favoured. What endeared Him to His devotees was, not His stunning scholarship, which sat lightly on His frail shoulders, but His intensely humane concern and compassion beyond words and His charmingly disarming humility and transparency. He shared His erudition and wisdom with everyone around.
He could explain JM Keynes' General Theory of Employment or Einstein's Theory of Relativity as lucidly and gracefully as he would narrate a fairy tale to a tiny toddler.

Author: Shri ASRaman
Compiled by Jagadguru Sri Maha Periyava - Kanchi Paramacharya / Fb

Source: Subramanyam Davagere/ Brahmana Sangham/Brahmins Association
Link:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/367386353459514/

பெரியவா சரணம் !!

வாழ்வின் யதார்த்தம் பற்றி
காஞ்சி பெரியவா !!

வாழ்க்கையில் நான் அதை சாதித்து விட்டேன், இதை சாதித்து விடுவேன் என்றெல்லாம் பேசுவார்கள். ஒரு சிறுதுன்பம் வந்து விட்டால், “என் சாதனைக்கு அங்கீகாரம் கிடைக்காமல் போய்விட்டதே’ என்று கதறுவார்கள். சாதனையோ, வேதனையோ எதுவுமே நம் கையில் இல்லை. எல்லாம் அவன் செயல் என்ற ரீதியில் காஞ்சிப்பெரியவர் சில அறிவுரைகளை நமக்கு வழங்கியுள்ளார்.

படிப்போமா !!

நிம்மதியாக இருங்கள். எதுவும் உங்கள் கையில் இல்லை. உலகிலுள்ள அனைவருக்கும் ஏதோ ஒரு கடமை இருக்கும். ஏதோ ஒரு பொறுப்பும் இருக்கும். அது அவர்களின் அறியாமையைத் தவிர வேறில்லை. எது உங்களின் கட்டுப்பாட்டில் உள்ளது என்று சற்றே சிந்தியுங்கள்.

உங்கள் உடல் உங்களின் கட்டுப்பாட்டில் இல்லையே!

உங்களின் உடம்பே உங்கள் பேச்சை கேட்காத போது, உலகில் வேறு யார் கேட்பார்? உடலை விடுங்கள். உங்களின் தலைமுடி கூட உங்களது கட்டுப்பாட்டில் இல்லை. முடி நரைப்பதும், உதிர்வதும், வழுக்கை விழுவதும் யாருக்குத் தான் பிடிக்கும்? முடி நரைப்பதையோ, உதிர்வதையோ உங்களால் தடுக்க முடியவில்லையே!

உங்கள் உடலுக்குள் என்ன நடக்கிறது என்று தெரியுமா உங்களுக்கு? தெரியாது… உண்ட உணவை நீங்களா ஜீரணம் செய்கிறீர்கள்? அதுவாகவே ஜீரணமாகிறது. இருதயத்தையும், குடல்களையும், கணையத்தையும், சிறுநீரகத்தையும் நீங்களா இயக்குகிறீர்கள்?
இல்லையே….

இப்படி உங்களுக்குச் சொந்தமான உங்கள் உடம்பே உங்கள் கட்டுப் பாட்டிலும், பொறுப்பிலும் இல்லாத போது, உலகில் பலவற்றையும் உங்கள் பொறுப்பு என்று நீங்கள் சிந்திப்பது அறியாமை.
மழை உங்களைக் கேட்டா வானில் இருந்து பொழிகிறது! மரம் உங்களைக் கேட்டா முளைக்கிறது!
உலகம் உங்களுடைய பொறுப்பிலா சுழலுகிறது! நட்சத்திரங்கள் உங்களது பொறுப்பிலா ஜொலிக்கிறது! நீங்கள் தான் வானிலுள்ள கோள்களை கீழே விழாமல் அந்தரத்தில் தாங்கிப் பிடிப்பவரோ! உங்கள் பொறுப்புணர்ச்சியும், கடமை உணர்ச்சியும் எவ்வளவு அறியாமை! எதுவும் உங்கள் பொறுப்பில் இல்லை.

அனைத்துமான இறைவன் உங்கள் முடியைக் கூட உங்கள் பொறுப்பில் விடவில்லை. அனைத்துமே அவன் கட்டுப்பாட்டில் தான் உள்ளது.

எந்த சக்தி உங்களையும் சேர்த்து அனைத்தையும் இயக்குகிறதோ, அது அனைத்தையுமே பார்த்துக் கொள்ளும்.

உங்களுக்கு ஏன் வீண் கவலை… எதுவும் உங்கள் கையில் இல்லை…. அமைதியாய் இருங்கள்.
Shared as received from WhatsApp

Source: Seshari Venkatesan / தீர்த்த யாத்திரை – Pilgrimage /Face Book
Linki:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1415359618721948/

பெரியவா சரணம் !!

Experiences with Maha Periyava: Foresight….Be Patient…You will know what is correct!

It was in the beginning of 1993 during the time of establishment of Nanganallur Anjaneya Swamy temple. The construction works of the temple were being carried out in full swing. A lot of devotees were visiting the temple then.

At that time, one day I went to have the Darshan of Sri Maha Periyava to seek His blessings. I prostrated before Him and paid my obeisance. MahaSwamigal knows me and about the construction of the temple. “Stay blessed. I have heard from many people who are coming here about the news of people thronging at your temple. Being a giant sized Anjaneyar, He must have had a great Aakarshana Shakthi” (the power of attracting the masses).

Blessing me, He asked me with concern,” He is quite a big Swamy. Don’t you have to offer Him a lot of Prasadam to eat?” At once I replied,” We cook a big bag of rice and offer Him every day Periyava.”

“Just plain rice?”

“No Periyava. We prepare Chithraannams (mixed Rice) and offer Him.”

“What are the items you are preparing?”

“From morning onwards we make a variety of Ven Pongal, Sakkarai Pongal (Jaggery rice), Puliyodharai, (Tamarind Rice), Milahorai (Pepper Rice), Curd Rice etc. in an order, Periyava.”

“So a lot of devotees are coming to get all these?”

“An extraordinary number turn in everyday Periyava. All the items are used up daily,” I replied proudly.

Periyava was silent for some time. Then He asked,” Are you giving the Prasadam in small quantity or large quantity?”

I replied to Swamigal with a lot of pride,” We give them a piece of plantain leaf and offer them a lot, Periyava”

At once MahaSwamigal asked,” I heard of it from people who come here. Let me ask you one thing. Should the Prasadam be given in small quantity as Prasadam or should it be given as meals in plenty?” The question came eagerly.

I didn’t know how to reply this.

I was standing there confused.

The great saint said laughing, “Why are standing awestruck? I’m asking you this question, only to get an idea about it myself,” He asked again.

I replied humbly with some hesitation,” No Periyava, the devotees visiting the temple are coming from far off places. They might be hungry. That’s why we are offering the Prasadam in plenty….,” even before I could complete the sentence, Swamigal replied, “I could understand what you are thinking. But I feel Prasadam should be given in small quantity as Prasadam and the hungry masses can be fed properly by making them sit and have their meals.” He stopped and continued to say, “Though all our Vedas and Sastras have laid down many rules for the Do’s and Don’ts, many things in life can be comprehended only by personal experience,” He said in a non-committal way and I couldn’t get it properly.

I asked confusedly.” I don’t understand Periyava, which is right? Should the Prasadam be given less or more? You have to guide me in this,” I requested humbly.

“No, no. You will know which is right from your own personal experience. Till then, be patient,” the great saint had seen me off without letting out the answer.

Presently I am constructing a temple at Panchavati, situated on the way from Pondichery to Dindivanam, for a 36 foot high Panchamukha Anjaneya Swamy. Construction work is being carried out now. It is customary here too, to give a plantain leaf to the devotees and give away Prasadam to their heart’s full. Sometimes I myself used to undertake the job of giving it. Recently one day I was giving away the Prasadams in large quantity as usual. I was distributing Kadhambam (Sambar Rice) in one leaf and Curd Rice in another leaf. A few of the men sitting nearby and tasting them, approached me. One among them told me seriously,” You are giving Sambar Rice and Curd Rice in large quantity and they are all very tasty too. But then, we would like to suggest one thing. It would be better still if you could offer some Poriyal (a side dish) to the Sambar Rice and a hot pickle for Curd Rice.” I was flabbergasted by it. At once the everlasting sentence of MahaSwamigal of Kanchi uttered in 1993 flashed through my mind.

“No, no. You will know which is right from your own personal experience. Till then, be patient.”
I have learnt the truth that ‘Prasadam should be given as Prasadam only, in small quantity,’ from this personal experience.

Author: Sri Ramani Anna
Source: Maha Periyavar

Source: Jagadguru Sri Maha Periyava - Kanchi Paramacharya
Link:
https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=1140103852746160&id=668285496594667&substory_index=0

பெரியவா சரணம் !!

Experiences with Maha Periyava: Ambal Padi Alappal (Goddess will take care)

The foremost attribute of any Saint or Guru is the immense unshakeable faith in God. Sri Maha Periyava was an embodiment of that certitude. During one of His earlier yatras, the Mutt was camping in a small village in Andhra Pradesh. The finances of Mutt were shallow during those times but Maha Periyava wasn't perturbed by the state of affairs. As is customary, the well to do people in that village- only a handful, being a small village provided for the needs of the Mutt such as the pooja items, Bhiksha, Annadanam etc. on a rotation basis. When the Manager of Mutt saw that each of them had already provided for a day each, he approached Maha Periyava for moving on to the next place.

Maha Periyava fell in love with the serenity and calm of the village and felt that they could stay for a few more days which would provide an opportunity for Maha Periyava to spend a few more days in Dhyanam. The Manager told Him that nothing was left literally for the next morning even for pooja and he dare not ask again anyone in the village for meeting the operating expenses. He said there were even no provisions to offer Bhiksha to Maha Periyava on the following day. Maha Periyava smilingly told him that He was ready for upavasam. The Manager replied politely it may suit Maha Periyava but the employees including himself could not do so. Paramacharyal told him, "Do not worry, Ambal Padi Alappal” (an expression meaning to say Goddess will take care, padi is an old measure for grains). The Manager just murmured how could Ambal do so in this remote village. He told Maha Periyava that even if someone were to give cash suddenly, things would have to be procured from a far off place since nothing was available in the vicinity. Maha Periyava just smiled and went to retire.

The Manager was trying to sleep in a cot outside their camp but with heavy responsibility on his shoulders, sleep was evading him. At about 11 pm in the night, he saw a line of bullock carts with lanterns dangling between the two wheels coming along at a distance. When they came near the camp, one of them jumped out and asked the Manager the whereabouts of a Sadhu from the southern side who was camping in that village. When the Manager replied they had hit the right place, their chieftain got out and told the Manager that they were from a nearby village and after the harvest they usually offer their first lot of to the village deity. After hearing about this great Sadhu, they decided to offer it to Him this time since they considered both the offerings to be on the same scale. As they had to resume the work the next morning, they decided to come that night itself to fulfill their obligation.

The Manager was spellbound and speechless. Regaining the power of utterance after a while, he went inside and woke up Maha Periyava. He sought His permission to accept the offer. Maha Periyava came out and blessed the villagers and told the Manager to accept the grains, vegetables etc. At that point the chieftain humbly told Maha Periyava that they wished to offer it in their own customary manner and Maha Periyava nodded His head.

They took out the "padis"(measuring jars in metal) and filled them with various grains and then poured them in the receptacles at the Mutt. The Manager was in tears seeing how "Ambal Padi Alanthal” in the middle of the night.

Maha Periyava also took out a yellow pumpkin from the bunch of vegetables and gave it to the Manager saying, " So, you can have your favourite paal (milk) kootu tomorrow " subtly telling him that he need not fear of having to observe any upavasam the next day.

Link:
https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=1142666012489944&id=668285496594667&substory_index=0

பெரியவா சரணம் !!

Experiences with Maha Periyava: Send Rs 1387

After reading hundreds of incidents about Sri Maha Periyava that happened several decades ago, our mind starts thinking “Well, those were the lucky ones…we are so unfortunate that we never had His darshan etc”…..Read this incident which happened recently!…and there are so many incidents similar to this…He is always here – with you, with me, with all of us…Note what HH Sivan Sir tells about dreams about Maha Periyava – it is true. This is an amazing must-read incident….

Maha Periyava was giving darshan in Kanchipuram Mutt. There were some bhaktas and I went to a corner and prostrated Him. He turned and ordered, “Ask him to send Rs. 1387/- every month for a year to Poona Krishnamurthy as his expenses for paper, stamps and postage charges are increasing”.

I could not understand immediately as I was tense. He repeated “Poona Krishnamurthy” twice and “send Rs. 1387/”

I obliged but could not even tell him ‘Yes’. I just bowed many times and He blessed me raising his two hands. Heard some sound and opened my eyes, I realised that all that happened was in a dream. It was 4.30 am on 15/10/2012, on Monday.

I just remembered Sivan Sir’s words “You can see anybody in a dream. But if you want to see my Anna, He himself should give a darshan. So if Periyava comes in a dream, it means He had come personally and should do what He had asked you to do”.

I was puzzled not knowing what to do. It was 6 o’clock. I was confused about how to find that Poona Krishnamurthy and it was Periyava’s order and I should be obliged. Then I thought of asking Sivaraman. When I called him he said that he would get back to me in 5 minutes. As promised he called me again, “Aaruran, Periyava Vaaku Sathyam! As you asked there is one Poona Krishnamurthy in Kanchipuram. He and his wife reside in Veda Bhavanam in Lingappa Street. He is 90 years old. He has served Maha Periyava a lot during the Satara Yatra. As per the instructions from Maha Periyava, he is conducting Veda Parayanam in the Mutt. Many people write to him regarding that …. Take down his address and phone number. I have already spoken to him. Don’t forget to send money through money order today itself”

Within 10 minutes all the details were available.

My wife asked me to take bath and keep the money in Periyava’s Paduka and continue with the work. I was gazing at Maha Periyava’s photo. It looked as though Periyava was asking me kindly, “Periyava’s order. Were you worried how I am going to search for that Poona Krishnamurthy in this jana samudram (sea of people)?”

I prayed and went to the post office and sent the money to Poona Krishnamurthy Sastrigal.

I was relaxed that I had done what Periyava asked me to but my conscience was asking me, “What is that Rs. 1387?” My mind could not find an answer to this. After some time I remembered an old incident.

In 1990 I was helping Sri Karyam Neelakanta Mama. That time Shri Chandramouli Mama came and told me “Periyava uttharavu aagiradhu” (you are called by Periyava)
“Mama, Periyava doesn’t know me. He knows only my grandfather and father. Are you sure He called me?

Mama replied, “I have been serving Periyava for a long time. Will I not understand properly? He has called you only” and took me to Periyava.

The interesting story begins now:

Anukkathondar: “Thiruvalur Auditor Venkatramaiyar’s grandson is here”
Sri Maha Periyava: “Is he? Ask him whether he can donate me Rs. 10000/-!
Anukkathondar: “Can you give Him Rs. 10000/-?”
Aaruran (myself): “I don’t have money. I will ask my father”
Anukkathondar: “He is studying so he has to ask his father and get it”
Sri Maha Periyava: “What’s he studying?”
Anukkathondar: “CA” (he told by himself)
Sri Maha Periyava: “Why is he doing CA?”
(He did not understand the question and Maha Periyava answers it Himself)
Sri Maha Periyava: “His grandfather was a leading auditor but did not do CA but only practiced. His father is also an auditor, Tax Advocate. When they both became auditors without doing CA, what is he going to do studying CA?” (silence….) “OK, ask him when he would finish?
Anukkathondar to me: “When will you finish?”
(That time I was struggling to finish CA Intermediate)
When he asked I was about to cry.
Aaruran: I don’t know when I’ll finish. It is very difficult… If Periyava blesses I will surely pass”
Sri Maha Periyava: In that case, will he pass in 4 years?
Aaruran: (with tears) I will pass in 4 years.
Sri Maha Periyava: “Then OK, after you pass, bring me Rs. 10000/”
After this incident, I was with Sivan Sir, he took care of me like a mother and encouraged me to study. Exactly after 4 years I completed my CA … But I could not give the money as Periyava said. Because He attained siddhi in Jan 1994.

I was just recollecting the past and looking at His photo.

“The simple interest for Rs. 10000/ for 22 odd years with 3% rate comes around 6650 and along with the principal amount of Rs. 10000/, it is 16650/ and when divided for 12 months it comes to Rs. 1387/…!!!

Narrated by Aaruran

Link:
https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=1147865461969999&id=668285496594667&substory_index=0

Thanks Sri Balasubramaniamji for these posts on Maha Periva .I do get to read them in FB but even if I miss then I can find the same through your threads . Keep it up ..

Last edited:
பெரியவா சரணம் !!

அந்த மகானுடைய அனுகிரகத்தை எப்படி சொல்வது?! ஆஹா !

ஒரு முறை காஞ்சீபுரம் சென்றிருந்தோம். என்னுடன் ஏழு வயது பேத்தி விஜிஷா வந்திருந்தாள். அது மார்கழி மாதம். இரண்டு நாள் தங்கி, தனுர் மாத பூஜை பார்த்துவிட்டு வருவது எங்கள் திட்டம்

மாலை நான்கு மணி அளவில் காஞ்சி போய் சேர்ந்தோம். 'காக்கவாக்கச்சத்திரம்' என்ற இடத்தில சாமான்களை வைத்துவிட்டு ஸ்ரீமடம் சென்றோம். என் பேத்திக்கு லேசாக உடம்பு சுட ஆரம்பித்து, விரைவிலேயே காய்ச்சல் கண்டது. கண்களை மூடியபடி குழந்தை துவண்டு கிடந்தது. எனவே மடத்தில் இருக்க முடியாததால் உடனே சத்திரத்துக்கு திரும்பிவிட்டோம்.

இரவு முழுவதும் ஜுரம் குறையவில்லை. ஒரு ஸ்பூன் தண்ணி கூட குடிக்கவில்லை. பொழுது விடிந்ததும் ஏதாவது டாக்டரிடம் போகலாம் என்று நினைத்தோம்

அதற்கு முன் ஸ்ரீமடம் சென்று பெரியவாளை தரிசிக்கலாம் என்று சென்றோம்.

குழந்தை என் தோளிலேயே படுத்திருந்தது. மஹா பெரியவர் தரிசனம் தந்து கொண்டிருந்தார். மடியில் பேத்தியை படுக்க வைத்து, அங்கே ஓர் ஓரமாக உட்கார்திருந்தேன்.

அப்போது பெரியவா, வேதபுரி சாஸ்திரிகள் என்பவரை அழைத்து அவர் கையில் ஒரு சிறிய ஆரஞ்சு பழத்தை கொடுத்து, "இதை ஜுரக்காரக் குழந்தைக்கு கொடு!" என்றார். நான் அதை வாங்கி உரிக்காமல் அப்படியே குழந்தையிடம் கொடுத்தேன். அதை கையில் வைத்து கொண்டே நன்றாக தூங்கி விட்டாள் பேத்தி.

பத்தே நிமிடத்தில் விழித்து கொண்டாள் "பாட்டி பசிக்குது!" என்றாள் இயல்பான குரலில். வியர்த்து வியர்த்து பேத்தியின் ஜுரம் முழுவதுமாக இறங்கிவிட்டது. பெரியவா கொடுத்த பழத்தை பேத்திக்கு கொடுத்தேன். சுவைத்து சுவைத்து சாப்பிட்டபின் கலகலபானாள் .

Courtesy: Siva sankaran / Brahmana Sangham/ Brahmins Asosciation / Face Book

பெரியவா சரணம் !!

"முக்காலமும் தெரிஞ்ச மகா பெரியவா"
[h=3]Post by varagooran on Oct 19, 2016 at 6:58am[/h]"முக்காலமும் தெரிஞ்ச மகா பெரியவா"

(அணுக்கத் தொண்டரைக் காப்பாற்றிய சம்பவம்)

சொன்னவர்-ஸ்ரீகண்டன்.(அணுக்கத் தொண்டர்)

கட்டுரையாளர்-பி.ராமகிருஷ்ணன்

தட்டச்சு-வரகூரான் நாராயணன்.

நன்றி-05-11-2015 தேதியிட்ட குமுதம் பக்தி

(ஒரு பகுதி)

(உலக உயிர்கள் எல்லாமே தெய்வத்தோட

குழந்தைகள்தான்.ஒவ்வொருத்தருக்குப்

பக்கத்துலயும் இருந்து ஸ்வாமி காப்பாத்திண்டே

தான் இருக்கார். ஆனா, நாமதான் கடவுள் நம்பளை

விட்டுட்டு எங்கேயோ தொலைவா போயிட்டதா

நினைச்சுக்கறோம்-இந்த வாசகத்தை நிரூபணம்

பண்ற மாதிரியான சம்பவம் இது-ஸ்ரீகண்டன்)

பரமாசார்யா எங்கே போனாலும் அவர் கூடவே

ஸ்ரீகண்டனும் போவாராம்.ஒரு சமயம் ஏதோ

காரணத்தால வெளீல போயிருந்த ஸ்ரீகண்டன்

வர்றதுக்குள்ளே, பெரியவா எங்கேயோ புறப்பட்டுப்

போய்விட்டாராம்.

'பெரியவா கூட போகமுடியாம போச்சே.பெரியவா

என்னை விட்டுட்டுப் போயிட்டாளே,எப்பவும் கூடவர்ற

நான் இப்போ வரலையே. என்னோட நினைப்பே

உங்களுக்குக் கிடையாதாங்கற' மாதிரி மனசுக்கு

தோணினதையெல்லாம் நினைச்சுண்டு மடத்துல

ஒரு அறையில் உட்கார்ந்து,மாவரைச்சுண்டு

இருந்தாராம்.

அந்த சமயத்துல மடத்துல இருந்து ஒருத்தர் வேர்க்க

விறுவிறுக்க ஓடிவந்து, " நீ என்ன வேலை பண்ணிண்டு

இருந்தாலும் அதை அப்படியே போட்டுட்டு,உடனடியா

உன்னைக் கூட்டிண்டு வரச்சொன்னா பெரியவா!"

அப்படின்னு சொன்னாராம்.

மாவு படிஞ்சிருக்கற கையை அலம்பிக்கலாம்னு

போனவரைக்கூட .."அதெல்லாம் பரவாயில்லை,

உடனே வா!"ன்னு அந்த இடத்தைவிட்டு வெளியில

அழைச்சுண்டு வந்தாராம், வந்தவர்.

அவா அந்த அறையை விட்டு வெளீல வந்த மறு நிமிஷம்,

ஸ்ரீகண்டன் உட்கார்ந்துண்டு இருந்த இடத்துக்குப்

பக்கத்துல இருந்த தூண் சரிஞ்சு, அந்த கட்டடம்

அப்படியே நொறுங்கி சாய்ஞ்சுதாம். ஒரு விநாடி

தாமதிச்சிருந்தாலும் என்ன ஆகியிருக்கும்கறதை

நினைச்ச ஸ்ரீகண்டன், அப்படியே விக்கிச்சுப்போய்

நின்னாராம்.

என்னோட நினைவே இருக்காதுன்னு நினைச்சேனே,

என்னைப்பத்தி ஞாபகம் வைச்சுண்டது மட்டுமல்லாம

முக்காலமும் தெரிஞ்சு வைச்சுண்டு இப்படிக்

காப்பாத்தியிருக்காளே, பெரியவா என்னை

மன்னிக்கணும்னு அந்த ஞானி முன்னால்

படபடக்கப்போய் அவர் நின்னதும், அமைதியாக ஒரு

புன்னகை மட்டும் பண்ணினாராம் பரமாசார்யா

Read more:
http://periva.proboards.com/thread/12724/#ixzz4Nxd6sa61

பெரியவா சரணம் !!

Experiences with Maha Periyava: The Wind did not blow away the Rain

Sri Maha Periyava was travelling to SriSailam through a path that went through a jungle. He asked the people in his entourage to do parayana (recitation) of the Vishnu Sahasranamam and walk their way.

However slowly recited, the Vishnu Sahasranamam could be completed in half an hour. But on that day, for whatever reason, the shishyas were not able to recite the stotram in unison and had to repeat the stanzaswhenever a mistake was committed. The next camping site was also not in sight.

Periyava said, "Neither does the Sahasranamam seem to end, nor does the village of our destination seem to arrive."

After a long time they reached the village of their camping. Periyava said humorously, "You people did not recite Vishnu Sahasranamam. You have done a Laksharchana for Vishnu!"
Their night stay was at the Perumal temple in that village.

A crowd of rustics from that region were waiting for the Sage. They supplicated that Periyava should make a vijayam (visit) to the temple of their village deity, Katthavarayan.

Though Maha Periyava was very tired, He went to the temple so that the people would be happy. As He entered the temple, it started drizzling and then rained heavily for an hour.

The people were flooded with happiness. Their usual experience was that if the rain clouds gathered, a powerful wind from somewhere would blow and disperse the clouds. Since Sri Maha Periyava had come, the wind did not blow with the usual force, they said.

Maha Periyava did not accept it. He said that as He came to the Katthavarayan temple, the deity Katthavarayan (named after the wind) stopped the wind, so it rained! -- thereby giving credit to the village deity.

An old man said, "Yes, our Katthavarayan poured out his happiness of seeing you as rains."

Author: SriMatham Balu Mama, Kanchipuram
Source: Maha Periyaval - Darisana Anubhavangal vol. 2

Link: https://www.facebook.com/Jagadguru-Sri-Maha-Periyava-Kanchi-Paramacharya-668285496594667/?fref=ts

பெரியவா சரணம் !!

Experiences with Maha Periyava: Ghatam Maestro Vikku Vinayakram

Being an ardent devotee of the Paramacharya, he attributes all his success to His bountiful blessings. “I have felt His divine presence on more than one occasion,” he says.

Once Vinayakram had gone on a tour to Athens to perform at a concert along with L. Shankar and Zakir Hussain. Somehow the Ghatam (a circular pot beaten with the hands as a percussion instrument in South Indian music) he took broke a few days before the scheduled date of performance. Vinayakram was in tears and called his wife in Chennai and told her that he wanted to return as there was no point of staying in Athens. His wife asked him to wait for one day and in the meantime went to Kanchi Mutt and explained the situation to Sri Maha Periyava. Periyava did not react to her narrative and kept quiet. She was in tears and when she was about to leave, Paramacharya gave her a full coconut and remained silent.

Meanwhile Zakir Hussain went hunting around Athens and at last found a show piece in an American’s House. The American was initially skeptical about parting with the Ghatam and said that the person who had gifted it to him had asked him not to part with it or sell it to anyone. On asking him who had gifted him the Ghatam, to everyone’s surprise he said that it was “Vinayakram”. Zakir Hussain then told him that the Ghatam was required by the same person who had gifted it to him. The American then decided to part with the Ghatam upon getting a letter from Vinayakram stating that the Ghatam would indeed be of great use to him. Even more surprising was that the instrument was exactly in the same shruthi in which Vinayakram was to perform.

On another occasion in Germany, after missing a flight to the USA, Vinayakaram spent some time going around a music shop. On learning that the visitor was Vinayakaram, the shopkeeper showed him a Ghatam and asked him to certify it. It was made by a German lady. Vinayakram was satisfied with the tonal quality as it equalled the ones made in India. A jubilant shopkeeper gifted it to Vinayakaram despite the latter’s protests. On reaching the USA, Vinayakaram found his own Ghatam in a broken condition and then used the one he got as a gift for the concert. The shruthi was G (5 kattai) and it perfectly matched the concert’s aadhara shruthi of C (1 kattai). Convinced that it is indeed Sri Maha Periyava’s Ghatam, Vinayakram has made for it a place in his pooja room.

Link:
https://www.facebook.com/Jagadguru-Sri-Maha-Periyava-Kanchi-Paramacharya-668285496594667/?fref=ts

பெரியவா சரணம் !!

""ருத்திராட்ச மாலையை எடுத்துத் தன் தலையில் வைத்துக் கொண்டதும், சாட்சாத் அந்த சிவபெருமானே பெரியவா முகத்திலே தரிசனம் தந்திருக்கிறார்""

பல வருடங்களுக்கு முன் நடந்த நிகழ்வு இது

மஹாபெரியவா அப்போது காஞ்சி ஸ்ரீமடத்தில் இருந்தார். மாலை வேளை….

மடத்து வாசலில் ஒரு சைக்கிள் ரிக்ஷா வந்து நின்றது. ரிக்ஷா ஓட்டி கீழிறங்கி வண்டியில் அமர்ந்திருந்த பெரியவர் ஒருவரைக் கைத்தாங்கலாக கீழே இறக்கி விட்டான். ‘என்னை மடத்துக்குள் கொண்டு விடப்பா’ என்பதாக அவனிடம் ஜாடையும் பேச்சும் கலந்து பெரியவர் சொல்ல மடத்துக்குள் அழைத்துச் செல்ல முற்பட்டான் ரிக்‌ஷா ஓட்டி.

கலைந்த தலையும் அழுக்கு லுங்கி அணிந்தபடியும் இருந்ததால், தான் இதே கோலத்தில் ஸ்ரீமடத்துக்குள் செல்வது உசிதமாக இருக்காது என்று ரிக்ஷா ஓட்டியே தீர்மானித்தான் போலும். எனவே, அங்கிருந்த மடத்துச் சிப்பந்தி ஒருவரை அழைத்து ‘ஐயா…இந்தப் பெரியவரு மடத்து சாமியைப் (மஹாபெரியவா) பார்க்கணுமாம். கூட்டியாந்திருக்கேன். கையைப் புடிச்சுக் கூட்டினு போ. சாமியைப் பார்த்து முடிச்சதும் வெளில என் வண்டி கிட்ட கொண்டு வுட்டுரு’ என்று சொல்லிட்டு வெளியே போனான்.

பெரியவர் கைமாறினார்.

பெரியவருக்கு எப்படியும் வயது எண்பதுக்கு மேல் இருக்கும் என்று தோற்றம் சொன்னது.
உள்ளடங்கிய கண்கள், கோணல் மாணலாகக் கட்டிய நாலு முழ வேஷ்டி.. கசங்கிய வெள்ளைச் சட்டை. மேல் சட்டைப் பைக்குள் ஒரு மூக்குப் பொடி டப்பாவும் பத்துப் பதினைந்து ரூபாயும் தெரிந்தன.

தனியாக நடப்பதற்கே பெரிதும் சிரமப்பட்ட அந்தப் பெரியவரைக் கைத்தாங்கலாகப் பிடித்து, பெரியவா இருந்த இடம் அருகே விட்டார் சிப்பந்தி. மேடை போல் இருந்த ஓரிடத்தில் வசதியாக உட்கார்ந்து கொண்டார் பெரியவர். வலக் கையை நெற்றியில் வைத்து பெரியவா அமர்ந்திருந்த இடத்தைப் பார்த்தார்.

தான் இருந்த இடத்துக்கு எதிரே மஹாபெரியவா அமர்ந்திருப்பது அரைகுறையாக அவருக்குத் தெரிந்தது. இருந்த இடத்தில் இருந்தபடியே கன்னத்தில் போட்டுக் கொண்டு தரிசித்தார் பெரியவா.
பெரியவரைப் பார்த்துப் புன்னகைத்தார் மஹாபெரியவா. இந்தப் பெரியவர் இந்த சாயங்கால வேளையில் ஏன் இங்கே வந்திருக்கிறார் என்பதை அறியாதவரா அந்த மகான்?

ஒரு சிஷ்யன் ஓடோடி வந்து பெரியவா அருகே நின்றான். வாய் பொத்தி, ஏதோ ஒரு தகவலை குசுகுசுப்பாகச் சொன்னான். அதாவது பெரியவா தரிசனத்துக்காக அப்போது ஸ்ரீமடத்துக்கு சில முக்கிய பிரமுகர்கள் வந்திருப்பதாகவும், வெளியே அவர்கள் காத்திருப்பதாகவும் தகவல் சொன்னான். அன்று யாரையும் பார்க்க இயலாது என்றும் மறுநாள் காலை வருமாறும் தகவல் சொல்லி அனுப்பினார் மஹாபெரியவா. சிஷ்யன் ஓடிப் போய் விட்டான்.

தரிசனத்துக்கு வந்திருந்த ஒரு சிலருக்கும் பிரசாதம் கொடுத்து அனுப்பிவிட்டார் மஹாபெரியவா.
இப்போது அங்கு இருப்பது மஹாபெரியவாளும், உள்ளூர்ப் பெரியவரும் தான்.

இன்னமும் அந்தப் பெரியவர் தன் கண்களை இடுக்கிக் கொண்டு மஹாபெரியவா அமர்ந்திருந்த
இடத்தையே உற்றுப் பார்த்துக் கொண்டிருந்தார்.

மஹாபெரியவா தன் ஸ்தானத்தில் இருந்து எழுந்தார். இறங்கினார். பெரியவரை நோக்கி நடந்தார்.
சிஷ்யர்கள் பிரமித்துப் போனார்கள். ஏனென்றால் எந்த ஒரு பக்தருக்கும் அனுக்ரஹம் செய்வதற்காக மஹாபெரியவா இது போல் எழுந்து சென்று அவர்கள் பார்த்ததில்லை.

காஞ்சிபுரத்துப் பெரியவர் தான் அமர்ந்த இடத்திலேயே இருக்கிறார். தள்ளாத வயது அல்லவா! அவர் அருகில் சென்ற மஹாபெரியவா தன் தலையில் வில்வமாலை ஒன்றை வைத்துக் கொண்டு

‘தெரியறதா” என்று கேட்டார் தீர்க்கமாக.

கண்களை மிகவும் இடுக்கிக் கொண்டு பார்த்த பெரியவர் ‘ தெரியலை’ என்றார்.

இதை அடுத்து தனக்கும் அந்த பெரியவருக்கும் நடுவில் இருந்த இடைவெளியை இன்னும் கொஞ்சம் சுருக்கினார் மஹாபெரியவா. அருகில் இருந்த ஒரு புத்தம் புது ரோஜா மாலையைக் கையில் எடுத்தார் மஹாபெரியவா. தலையில் வைத்துக் கொண்டார். அதை பெரியவா தன் சிரசில் அணிந்த பிறகு அந்த ரோஜா மாலை இன்னும் அழகாகத் தெரிந்தது. இப்போது பெரியவரைப் பார்த்து ‘இப்ப தெரியறதா? என்று கேட்டார் மஹாபெரியவா.

ரொம்பவும் சிரமப்பட்டு உற்றுப் பார்த்த பெரியவர் ‘தெரியலை’ என்றார் மீண்டும்.

ரோஜா மாலையை எடுத்துத் தன் சிஷ்யனிடம் நீட்டினார் பெரியவா. அவன் ஓடோடி வந்து அதை வாங்கிக் கொண்டான். பிறகு ஒரு காஷாய வஸ்திரத்தை எடுத்து அதைத் தன் தலையில் வைத்துக் கொண்டார் மஹாபெரியவா. ‘இப்ப தெரியறதா…. பாருங்கோ” என்றார் மஹாபெரியவா.

“ஊஹும்” என்பதாகத் தன் உதட்டைப் பிதுக்கினார் பெரியவர்.

அப்போது அந்த இடத்தில் இருந்த சிஷ்யர்கள் குழம்பிப் போனார்கள். ‘தெரியறதா? என்று பெரியவா எதைக் கேட்கிறார், ‘தெரியல’ என்று பெரியவர் எதைச் சொல்கிறார் என்பது புரியாமல் தவித்துப் போனார்கள். சிஷ்யர்கள் ஒருவர் முகத்தை ஒருவர் கேள்விக் குறியுடன் பார்த்துக் கொண்டனர்.
அதற்குள் யாரோ ஒரு சில பக்தர்கள் பெரியவா இருந்த இடத்துக்குள் நுழைய முற்பட்டு அவரை தரிசிக்க யத்தனித்தார்கள். இதை அறிந்த பெரியவா அவர்களை சைகை காட்டி வெளியே அனுப்பினார். சிஷ்யர்களும் அவர்களிடம் ஓடிப் போய் ‘இப்ப பெரியவா உங்களைப் பார்க்க மாட்டார்’ என்று சொல்லி அனுப்பினார்.

அந்த இடத்தில் பெரும் அமைதி நிலவியது.

தான் எதிர்பார்த்து வந்தது இன்னமும் நிறைவேறவில்லை என்பதாக இருந்தது

காஞ்சிபுரத்துப் பெரியவரின் முகம்.

காஞ்சிபுரத்துப் பெரியவர் எதை எதிர்பார்த்து வந்திருக்கிறார்?

அது மகா பெரியவாளுக்கும் அந்தப் பெரியவருக்கும் மட்டுமே தெரிந்த ரகசியம்.
தண்டத்தைக் கையில் எடுத்துக் கொண்டு, பெரிய பெரிய ருத்திராட்ச மணிகளால் கோர்த்து வைக்கப்பட்டிருந்த ஒரு மாலையை எடுத்துத் தலையில் வைத்தவாறு ‘தெரியறதா’ என்று கேட்டார் பெரியவா.

அவ்வளவு தான்…அதுவரை ஏமாந்து போயிருந்த பெரியவரின் முகம் திடீரென பிரகாசம் ஆனது. அவரது விழிகளில் இருந்து தாரை தாரையாக நீர் வழிந்தது. ஏதேதோ பேச வாய் எடுத்தவருக்கு அந்தக் கணத்தில் அது முடியாமல் போனது.

மெள்ளச் சுதாரித்துக் கொண்டு ‘எல்லாமே தெரியறது பெரியவா. நல்லா தெரியறது பெரியவா’ என்று கன்னத்தில் மாறி மாறி அறைந்து கொண்டு அந்த பரப்பிரம்மத்தை நன்றியுடன் பார்த்தார். தன் இரு கைகளையும் கஷ்டப்பட்டு உயரே தூக்கி நெகிழ்ச்சியுடன் கும்பிட்டார் பெரியவர். பிறகு உடல் வளைந்து கொடுக்காவிட்டாலும் சிரமப்பட்டுத் தரையில் விழுந்து அந்தக் கருணை தெய்வத்தை உளமார வணங்கினார்.

பிறகு அந்தப் பெரியவரே மெள்ள எழுந்தார். பெரியவாளுக்கு முன்பாக நின்றார். அவரது திருமுகத்தையே நன்றியுடன் பார்த்துக் கொண்டிருந்தார். கண்களில் இருந்து கசியத் துவங்கிய நீர் வரத்து இன்னும் நிற்கவில்லை.

விரலைச் சொடுக்கி, சிஷ்யர்களை அருகே வரச் சொன்னார் மஹாபெரியவா. ஓடோடி வந்தனர்.

‘இவா வந்த ரிக்ஷா வெளில நிக்கும். அதுல பத்திரமா இவரை ஏத்தி அனுப்ச்சுட்டு வாங்கோ. சந்தோஷமாப் புறப்படட்டும்’ என்று சொல்லிவிட்டு விறுவிறுவென்று அங்கிருந்து வெளியேறியது அந்தக் கலியுக தெய்வம்.

Contd......./2

......../ 2 /......

உடலிலும் உள்ளத்திலும் சந்தோஷம் கொப்பளித்த பெரியவரைக் கைத்தாங்கலாகக் கூட்டிக் கொண்டு ஸ்ரீமடத்தின் வாசலுக்குப் போனார்கள் சிஷ்யர்கள். தான் கூட்டி வந்த பெரியவர் வெளியே வருவதைப் பார்த்தவுடன், தரையில் குத்துக்காலிட்டு அமர்ந்திருந்த ரிக்ஷாக்காரன் ஓடோடி வந்தான். ‘வுடுங்க சாமி… இனிமே நா அவரை இட்டுகினு போயிடறேன்’ என்று சொல்லிவிட்டு, ரிக்ஷாவுக்குள் பெரியவர் ஏறி அமர்வதற்கு உதவி செய்தான்.

பெரியவரை ரிக்ஷாவுக்குள் ஏற்றி அனுப்பிய சிஷ்யர்கள் இருவரும் மடத்துக்குள் நுழையும் போது பேசிக் கொண்டார்கள்.

‘உனக்குப் புரியறதாடா பெரியவா ‘தெரியறதா?ன்னு எதைக் கேட்டார்னு?- முதலாமவன்.
இல்லேடா…என்னைவிட ரொம்ப வருஷமா நீ பெரியவாளுக்குக் கைங்கர்யம் பண்ணிண்டு இருக்கே….. உனக்கே புரியலேன்னா எனக்கு எப்படிப் புரியும்? இது இரண்டாமவன்.
நானும் எத்தனையோ பேரைப் பார்த்திருக்கேன். ஆனா, இது மாதிரி ஒரு அனுபவத்தைப் பார்த்ததில்லை. பெரியவா தெரியறதா? ன்னு எதைக் கேட்டார்னும் புரியல. ‘தெரியல’னு அடிக்கடி அந்தப் பெரியவர் எதைச் சொன்னார்னும் புரியலை. ஆனா அவர் கண்ல ஜலம் வந்ததைப் பார்த்த உடனே என் கண்களும் ஈரமாயிடுச்சு. சமாச்சாரம்தான் என்னன்னு புரியாம ஒரே குழப்பமா இருக்கு’ என்று சொன்ன முதலாமவன் கொட்டாவி விட்டுக் கொண்டு தூங்கப் போயிட்டான்.

இதற்கான விளக்கம் அடுத்த நாளே அனைவருக்கும் தெரிந்தது.

அடுத்த நாள் அதிகாலை அந்தப் பெரியவர் இறைவனடி சேர்ந்த செய்தி ஸ்ரீமடத்துக்கு யார் மூலமாகவோ வந்து சேர்ந்தது.

முதல் நாள் மாலை ஸ்ரீமடத்துக்கு இந்தப் பெரியவர் வந்த போது அவருக்கு உதவிய ஊழியர்களும் சிப்பந்திகளும் சிஷ்யர்களும் ஏகத்துக்கும் அதிர்ந்து போனார்கள்.
அனுபவம் வாய்ந்த ஸ்ரீமடத்து காரியதரிசிகளின் பேச்சில் இருந்து இதற்கான விளக்கம் அனைவருக்கும் கிடைத்தது.

தன் வாழ்நாளின் கடைசி நிமிடங்களில் இருப்பதை எப்படியோ உணர்ந்து கொண்டார் காஞ்சிபுரத்துப் பெரியவர். தன் தேகம் இந்தப் பூவுலகில் இருந்து மறைவதற்கு முன் கயிலைக் காட்சியைக் கண்டு தரிசிக்க விரும்பியிருக்கிறார். தான் விரும்பும் தரிசனம் எப்படியாவது மஹாபெரியவாளிடம் கிடைக்கும் என்று பரிபூரணமாக நம்பி ஒரு ரிக்ஷாக்காரரை அமர்த்திக் கொண்டு ஸ்ரீமடத்துக்கு வந்து சேர்ந்திருக்கிறார்.

தன்னை நாடி வந்த உள்ளூர்ப்பெரியவரின் ஏக்கத்தைத் தன் ஞான திருஷ்டியால் அறிந்து கொண்ட மஹாபெரியவா, கயிலைவாசியான அந்த ஈசனின் சொரூபத்தை அவருக்குக் காட்டி அனுக்ரஹித்து மோட்ச கதி கொடுத்தார் என்று இதற்கு விளக்கம் சொல்லப்பட்டது.

ஆக, பெரியவாளின் திருமுகத்தில் ஈஸ்வர தரிசனத்தைக் கண்டு பரவசம் கொள்ள வேண்டும் என்பதற்காகவே அந்தப் பெரியவர் ஸ்ரீமடத்துக்கு வந்திருந்தார் என்பது உறுதியானது.
சிவபெருமானின் ஓர் அம்சம் தான் மஹாபெரியவா என்று சொல்லப்படுவதுண்டு. இதை அனுபவப்பூர்வமாக உணர்ந்த சில பக்தர்கள் மஹாபெரியவாளை தரிசித்து, அத்தகைய தரிசனம் பெற்றிருக்கிறார்கள். அந்த வகையில் காஞ்சிபுரத்துப் பெரியவர் மறைவதற்குச் சில மணி நேரங்களுக்கு முன், அவருக்கு அத்தகைய ஒரு தரிசனத்தைக் காட்டி அருளி அருக்கிறார் மஹாபெரியவா.

அதனால் தான் ஒவ்வொரு முறையும் ‘தெரியறதா? என்று பெரியவா கேட்ட போதும் ‘தெரியல’ என்று சொல்லிக் கொண்டே வந்தவர், ருத்திராட்ச மாலையை எடுத்துத் தன் தலையில் வைத்துக் கொண்டதும், சாட்சாத் அந்த சிவபெருமானே பெரியவா முகத்திலே தரிசனம் தந்திருக்கிறார். இதன் பின்னால் அந்தக் காஞ்சிபுரத்துப் பெரியவருக்கு மோட்சம் கிட்டாமலா இருக்கும்?

கட்டுரையாளர்: திரு.பிச்சை ஐயர் சுவாமிநாதன் அவர்கள்

Source: Siva sankaran / Brahmana Sangham/Brahmins Association

Link:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/367386353459514/permalink/550715851793229/

பெரியவா சரணம் !!

Experiences with Maha Periyava: Oneness of Lord Shiva and Lord Vishnu

It was Pradosham day when Sri Maha Periyava was camping in Mylapore. He was suffering from high fever. It must have been about 2 o’ clock in the afternoon and there was no sign of Periyava recovering. Devotees who had turned up in large numbers to watch Him perfom Abhishekam and Pradosha Pooja to Lord Shiva were worried about His health. Perhaps they felt there was no way Periyava would recover that day. Do ordinary mortals like us know the leelas of the Mahan Atma?

All of a sudden He called his attendants to inform the Vedic Scholars nearby to assemble immediately and start chanting Sri Vishnu Sahasranamam continuously. At about 3 o’clock, as people around were chanting Sri Vishnu Sahasranamam, Maha Periyava started sweating profusely and His fever vanished. He took a bath and started performing Abhishekam and Pradosha Pooja to the Lord.

Sri Maha Periyava showed us a living example of the importance of chanting Sri Vishnu Sahasranamam. On a day auspcious to Lord Shiva, His suggestion to chant Sri Vishnu Sahasranamam emphasized the oneness of Lord Shiva and Lord Vishnu. Thirdly, He could easily get rid of any ailment but His suffering from fever suggested His belief in Prarabda Karma and how one can get rid of the three Karmas (Prarabda, Sanchita and Aagaami) through pure devotion.

"Shivaya Vishnu Roopaya Shiva Roopaya Vishnave
Shivasya Hridayor Vishnuh, Vishnusya Hridyam Shivam"

Link: https://www.facebook.com/Jagadguru-Sri-Maha-Periyava-Kanchi-Paramacharya-668285496594667/?fref=ts

The following post belongs to this thread!

Space given for easy reading. :)

Only HE can give this kind of explanation. Read the power of Saptika……. Once way back in 1940s or 50s someone was

interviewing MahaPeriyavaar. That gentleman recorded the interview using a tape recorder.Periyavaa then posed a question. “Does anyone know which

is the oldest knowntape recorder?” Nobody was able to answer. Then Maha Periyavaa asked anotherquestion. “How did Vishnu Sahasranamam comes

to us?” Someone said Bheeshma gaveit to us. All agreed. Then Maha Periyavaa posed another query . “When all werelistening to Bheeshma on the

battlefield, who took notes at Kurukshetra?” Againsilence. Maha Periyavaar explained… When Bheeshma was glorifying Krishna withSahasranamam

Everyone was looking at him including Krishna and Vyasa. After hefinished the 1000 Namas all opened their eyes. The first to react wasYudhistirar.

He said, ‘Pithamaha has chanted 1000 glorious names of Vasudeva. All of us listened but none of us have noted it down. The sequence is lost’.Then

all turned to Krishna and asked for His help. As usual He said, ‘I also was listening like the rest of you. What can we do?’ Then all beseeched Krishna

to help them recover the precious rendition. Then Krishna said, ‘It can only bedone by Sahadeva and Vyasa will write it down.’ Everyone wanted to know

how Sahadeva could do it. Krishna replied, ‘Sahadeva is the only one among us wearing SUTHA SPATIKAM. If he prays to Shiva and does dhyanam he

can convertthe SPATIKA into waves of sound and Vyasa can write it down. Then, both Sahadevaand Vyasa, sat in the same place, under Bheeshma,

where he had recited theSahasranamam. Sahadeva started the dhyanam to recover the sound waves from theSpatika. The nature of Spatika is that it will

capture sounds in a calmenvironment which can be got back with proper dhyanam of Maheswara who isSwethambara and SPATIKA. So, the world’s

earliest tape recorder is this SPATIKA which gave us the wonderful Vishnu Sahasranama. when Maha Periyavaar explainedthis all were stunned…

From the Spatika recording, the grantha came to us thru Vyasa

My friend who is a ardent devotee of Kanchi Maha Periava sent thru mail.

பெரியவா சரணம் !!
[FONT=&quot]
Experiences of Maha Periyava: I thought onlyhumans lie…

Mayavaram Sri Sivaramakrishna Sastrigal (Mayavaram Periyava) had come withtears and seemed highly disturbed. The ‘Bhagavata Saptaham’ performed by himwas greatly appreciated by Sri Maha Periyava. Mayavaram Sastrigal always knewthat Sri Krishna himself was listening to the ‘Bhagavatam’ and hence he wouldnever deviate from ‘Bhagavatam’.

Such a Mahan came with tears and was speaking to the Manager, Sri Viswanatha Iyerof the Mutt…

The Manager called Sri Kannan Mama and said, “Sastrigal has come here with alot of stress and anxiety…Let Periyava know this and arrange for His darshansoon”.

Sri Kannan Mama approached Periyava who was in ‘visraanthi’.

“Yennappa?” asked Periyava.

Sri Mama informed about Sastrigal.

Periyava asked, “He has come by car, right?”

“Yes”.

“Ask him to wash his feet and bring him through the backdoor”.

Periyava went and sat under a ‘Nelli’ tree in the Mutt. Sastrigal came there…

Sri Sastrigal did namaskaram and said with tears, “Periyava! My son-in-law isnot feeling well. We took X-rays and it seems half the lungs are gone anddoctors say only one lung is functional. They say that he might survive for 27days or so”.

Sri Sastrigal continued and expressed his prayer, “Even if my worst nighmarecomes true, I want Periyava to bless me so that this dukham does not affectme!” (How many of us know to pray like this…only true Mahan/Vedantist can thinkin this line!!!!)
He reiterated, “Even if the sareera goes away, this dukham should not affectme”.

Later, Sri Kannan Mama recollected, “Although he said it should not affecthim…he said it while he was still weeping”

Periyava asked a peculiar question back, “Why can’t the machine lie?”

Sastrigal, “We have taken 27 X-rays…all say the same thing…they have given only20-27 days for him”.

Periyava, “You have read lots of Vedanta…it says “Bhagavan bhaya nasanaha”…prayto Him”.

Sri Sastrigal took the prasad and left with a (relatively!) lighter heart butrushed back to the Mutt within 15 days…

Sri Kannan Mama again recollected, “He was crying uncontrollably”.

Manager, “He cries so much…looks like his son-in-law has gone…take care of himquickly”.

Sri Kannan Mama rushed to Periyava.

Periyava was in ‘Vishraanthi’ this time too. On hearing, “Why? Has theson-in-law gone? I am sure all rituals must have been over? Hope he has comehere after all that?? He is a learned person – he knows these”.

Sri Mama nodded in agreement.

Later, Sri Kannan Mama recollected, “Periyava talked like a common person atthat time”.

Same ‘Nelli’ tree, same Periyava, same Sastrigal but totally a differentsituation.

“Prabho! The words that came from your mouth is true – all machineslied….doctors now say that everything is fine…My son-in-law is doing fine!”

Periyava smiled, “Oh! Even the machines started lying? I thought only humanslie!”

Periyava heard all the details. He gave prasad and ‘utharavu’ to Mayavaram SriSivaramakrishna Sastrigal. Later, Mayavaram Periyava wrote a book where hementioned about this incident and highlighted, “When words come out of Mahans’mouth, anything can happen!”

What a great man he was and what a great anugraham!

[url]https://www.facebook.com/Jagadguru-Sri-Maha-Periyava-Kanc…/…
[/URL][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Source: Revanth Daripalli /BrahmanaSangham/Brahmins Association/[/FONT] https://www.facebook.com/groups/367386353459514/permalink/557526871112127/

[FONT=&quot][/FONT]

பெரியவா சரணம் !!!

!! ஆஞ்சநேய வைத்யம் இல்லே; ஆச்சார்யாள் வைத்யம்”

பெரியவாளிடம் ஒரு பக்தர் வந்தார். அவருடைய முகம், எல்லோரையும் ஒரு மாதிரியாகப் பார்க்க வைத்தது. காரணம்? ஏதோ ஒரு வித skin disease அவரைத் தாக்கியதால், முகம் மட்டும் பயங்கர கருப்பாக ஆகியிருந்தது. பாவம். முகத்தை மறைத்துக் கொள்ள முடியுமா?
“பெரியவாதான் எனக்கு ஒரு மருந்து சொல்லணும். வெளில போகவே ரொம்ப கஷ்டமா இருக்கு. போகாம இருக்கவும் முடியாது. எல்லா வைத்யமும் பண்ணிட்டேன்….”
மஹா வைத்யநாதம் தீர்க்காத வியாதியா!

“ஒங்காத்துப் பக்கத்ல ஆஞ்சநேயர் கோவிலோ, சன்னதியோ இருக்கோ?.”

“இருக்கு பெரியவா…பெருமாள் கோவில்ல ஆஞ்சநேயர் சன்னதி இருக்கு”

“ரொம்ப நல்லதாப் போச்சு. நீ தெனோமும் அந்த ஆஞ்சநேயருக்கு வெண்ணை சாத்தி, அதை வழிச்சு எடுத்துண்டு போயி, ஒன்னோட மூஞ்சி முழுக்க தடவிண்டு கொஞ்ச நேரம் ஊறணும். அப்றம் அதை சோப்பு கீப்பு போட்டு அலம்பாம, ஒரு துணியால நன்னா தொடச்சுக்கோ!…பண்றியா?”

“பெரியவா உத்தரவு. கட்டாயம் பண்றேன் ”

கொஞ்ச நாள் தொடர்ந்து ஆஞ்சநேயருக்கு சாற்றிய வெண்ணையை முகத்தில் தடவிக் கொண்டு வந்தார். கொஞ்சங்கொஞ்சமாக வெண்ணையை துடைத்து எடுக்கும்போது, கூடவே அட்டக் கருப்பும் சேர்ந்து வர ஆரம்பித்து, முகம் பளிச்சென்று ஆகிவிட்டது!
தர்சனத்துக்கு மிகவும் சந்தோஷமாக வந்தார்.

“என்ன? த்ருப்தியா? சொஸ்தமாச்சா? எப்டி ஆஞ்சநேய வைத்யம்?..” என்று சிரித்தார்.

“ஆஞ்சநேய வைத்யம் இல்லே; ஆச்சார்யாள் வைத்யம்” என்று நன்றியும் சந்தோஷமும் கலந்து கூறினார் பக்தர்.

இரண்டுமே சத்யந்தான்! ஒன்றுதானே!

Source: Siva sankaran /Brahmana Sangham/ Brahmins Association / Face book.

பெரியவா சரணம் !!!

Experiences with Maha Periyava: Don’t squeeze life out of thepoor

Some dignitaries in society commit their follies and acts ofcruelty in privacy. The common folk cannot question or lay their errors bare tothe public. But Maha Periyava was not frightened of anyone. Since he had noexpectation from anyone, He would reprimand such people openly. He wouldtransform some others with His intense look that could pierce through theirvery being and shake them out of their misconduct.

One day Sri Maha Periyava was seated in the palanquin. As usual,the place was full of devotees. It was a rare sight to see Periyava talking toeveryone and giving all His blessings with a smile. A devotee, let us call himSama, came up in the queue. At once Periyava closed the door of the palanquin.Sama was disappointed and the others as well. It was because of Sama thateveryone was denied darshan. He might have done something wrong. He alone couldhave been punished. Why punish the others also?

Just then the relatives of one of Maha Periyava's attendantscame for darshan. Since the attendant always served Periyava in closeproximity, he took the liberty to open the door of the palanquin and conveyedthe news of the arrival of his relatives. But Periyava closed the door again.Half an hour passed. Then Periyava opened the door of the palanquin andcontinued to give darshan. Once again Sama's turn came up in the queue.Periyava's eyes flashed fury. He picked up a towel-like ochre cloth and windingit around his neck, squeezed it. He turned away and began to speak as if hewere talking to someone, somewhere else.

"This is how this man squeezes the very life out of othersfor the interest on the money he lends. The poor borrow money on interest. Thisman wrenches interest upon the capital, and interest on the interest! How manypoor people suffer in his hands, do you know? When one is comfortably placed inlife, it is utterly unrighteous to torture the poor. What kind of justice isthis, taking such high interests on loans? This is why in some religions it issaid that consuming intoxicating liquor and lending money on interest isconsidered very sinful. If such sin is piled up repeatedly, then coming herefor forgiveness is not going to appeal the case for consideration".Periyava snapped the door close.

Sama learnt his lesson. He began to sob in remorse. Ar ardentdevotee who was a close attendant, intervened with a prayer.

"Everyone cannot to be the very embodiment of righteousnesslike Periyava. Now and then people err. Periyava must not be angry".

Periyava called Sama and told him to sit near the palanquin.

"Stop this habit of running around like a dog in chase tocollect your dues from people to whom you have lent money on interest. Depositwhat you have in the bank. What you get by way of that interest is sufficient.You need not run around or worry. Make sure your next birth is a good one.Spend your time in japa, puja, meditation and visits to the temple".

Sama fell down full length and prostrated to Periyava. "Iam cured of my ignorance", he said in a choked voice.

Sri Maha Periyava, the very epitome of mercy smiled, radiant indivine wisdom.
Source: Maha Periyaval DarisanaAnubhavangal

[FONT=&quot][/FONT]

பெரியவா சரணம்!!

எனக்கு என்ன ஆசை தெரியுமா! காஞ்சி மடத்துக்கு வருகிற பக்தர்கள்
எல்லாரும் சவுக்கியமா இருக்கணுமேனு ஆசை!

ஒரு சமயம், மகாபெரியவர் காஞ்சிபுரம் அருகிலுள்ள தேனம்பாக்கத்தில் முகாமிட்டுஇருந்தார். பெரியவருக்கு நெருக்கமான தொண்டர்களான திருவட்டீஸ்வரன் பேட்டை வெங்கட்ராம அய்யர், பாணாம்பட்டு கண்ணன் ஆகியோர் அருகில் இருந்தனர்.

அன்று மகாபெரியவரின் ஜெயந்தி (பிறந்த நாள்). பெரியவர் அன்று காலையில், அனுஷ்டானம், ஸ்நானம் முடித்துக் கொண்டு பக்தர்களுக்கு தரிசனம் அளிக்க வெளியே வந்தார். ஏராளமான கூட்டம் இருந்தது.

எத்தனையோ ஊர்களில் இருந்து பெரியவருக்காக ஹோமம் செய்து கொண்டு வரப்பட்ட பிரசாதங்கள், ஹோம பஸ்மா, கோயில் தண்டு மாலைகள், வில்வம், துளசி மாலைகள், பரிவட்டங்கள், திருப்பதி லட்டு,

திருநீறு, குங்குமம் என அனைத்தையும் ஏந்தி வந்தனர் பக்தர்கள்.

வந்தவர்கள் எல்லாரது நோக்கமும் பெரியவர் ஆரோக்கியமாக தீர்க்காயுளுடன் இருக்க வேண்டும் என்ற ரீதியிலேயே இருந்தது. அதற்காக, பெரியவர் பெயரில் அவரவர் இஷ்ட தெய்வக் கோயில்களில் அர்ச்சனை செய்து பிரசாதம் கொண்டு வந்திருந்தனர். அதை ஏற்றுக்கொள்ளுமாறு எல்லாரும் வேண்டிக் கொண்டிருந்தனர்.

பெரியவர் கூட்டத்தினரை நோக்கி மனம் நெகிழும்படியான பதில் சொன்னார்.

""நீங்க எல்லாரும் நான் (குரு) நல்லா இருக்கணும்னு ஹோமம், அர்ச்சனை செஞ்சு பிரசாதம் கொண்டு வந்திருக்கீங்க! சரி...ஆனா, எனக்கு என்ன ஆசை தெரியுமா! காஞ்சி மடத்துக்கு வருகிற பக்தர்கள் எல்லாரும் சவுக்கியமா இருக்கணுமேனு ஆசை! ஹோமப்பிரசாதம் எல்லாம் தெய்வ அனுக்கிரகத்தைக் கொடுக்கும் இல்லையா! பக்தர்கள் பல கவலைகளோடு என்னிடம் வருகிறார்கள். சுவாமி பிரசாதங்களை அவர்கள் பெற்றுக்கொண்டு சவுக்கியம் அடையட்டுமேனு நான் நெனக்கிறேன்!'' என்று சொல்லியபடியே, அந்த பிரசாதங்களைத் தொட்டார். அதன்பின், பெரியவரின் விருப்பப்படி அவை பக்தர்களுக்கே விநியோகம் செய்யப்பட்டன.

பெரியவர் ஜெயந்தியன்று பிரசாதம் பெற்ற பக்தர்கள் எல்லாரும், தங்கள் நோய்கள், கஷ்டங்கள் எல்லாமே தீர்ந்து விட்டதாக மகிழ்ந்தார்கள்.

"பக்தர்களுக்காக நான் இருக்கிறேன்' என்று அருள்பாலித்த மகாபெரியவரை தினமும் மனதில் நினைத்து வணங்குவோருக்கு எந்தக்குறையும் வராது.

Source: Siva sankaran /Brahmana Sangham/ Brahmins Association / Face book.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

பெரியவா சரணம்!!

Experiences with Maha Periyava: The story of the uppu kuravan(the salt merchant)

A great dukham, an unbearable shokam (grief) befell me. I couldnot go to have darshan of Sri Maha Periyava for four months.

Sri Maha Periyava sent word for me. Two or three big officialscame and took me to him.

It was ten at night….Solitude….. Only the glow of an akalvilakku (earthern lamp)…..

"...Nipunau", said Periyava slowly, "Sollu (tellme)."

"Tava hi charanaveva nipunau... the fourth shloka in theSoundarya Lahari...
Tvad-anyah panibhyam..."

Periyava said slowly, "Only Ambal is the adaikkalam(shelter) for everyone. She knows it …….what to give, how, and when..."

Silence…..

"SambaMurthy, do you know about the sandai (shandy, amobile market)?"

"I know. Many vendors bring various goods and sell them.The sandai is held on a specific day of the week in every village. They travelunder a schedule of 'this place today, somewhere else tomorrow'."

"Have you heard about the uppu kuravan (a saltmerchant)?"

"Yes. They earn their living usually by selling salt in thesandais."

"Yes, one such uppu kuravan had immense bhakti inKamakshi...

"Once, when he finished his work in a sandai and was on hisway to the next village, he came near
a forest region. Some thieves werewatching this man, carrying his salt bags on a donkey. “Dei (hey), this manwill sell his salt tomorrow, carry money and go through this way. We shouldseize his earnings at that time...” they made a plan. Furthermore, do you knowabout the firecrackers they burst?..."

"In temples, during the days of utsava (festivals), theywould prepare firecrackers with cracker-explosive mixture, hardening it andinserting a wick. When the edge of the wick got lit by fire, the spark wouldslowly traverse through and reach the explosive content which would then burstwith a loud noise."

"Yes, what the thieves had planned was, if they burst afirecracker, the donkey would get upset and run in confusion. The uppu kuravanwould scream in fear, faint and fall down. Then, they could seize the moneyfrom his lap...

"On that day, when the uppu kuravan spread his ware in thesandai, it rained heavily and all the salt melted away. He suffered losses andmental anguish. He scolded Kamakshi with whatever words which came to his mind.His anger was also that he had to return home without any money. Turning back,he travelled through the forest region. When they sighted him, the thieves littheir firecrackers. The spark travelled through the wick up to the pipe that held the explosive mixture. When they were happy that it was going to burst, it did not burst! When they investigated the reason, they found that the explosivemixture was thoroughly wet in the rain that had showered in the morning! So itdid not light up. They said at once to the uppu kuravan “Swami has saved you. Itis only for your good that it has rained. Go home and worship God”.

"The uppu kuravan was dumbfounded. Then what I thought asAmbal doing to me droham (betrayal of trust) was very wrong. He thought,'Kamakshi, please forgive me. You know what I want, and when. Had it not rainedand had I sold the salt and come this way with the earnings, these thieveswould have beaten me up. It is my good time that you saved me!'

"Therefore, whatever we get is only Ambal's prasadam.Remaining without asking for anything is the good that we can do forourselves..."

When Sri Maha Periyava's low toned, leisurely, long talk came toan end, it was two thirty at night.

"The ten tons of iron on my head has been unburdened",I said.

Periyava’s starting it with the sandai and ending it with Ambal--though it was for my mental comfort, it suits everyone in a similarstate of mind, right?

"Without skipping it, read the Ramayana daily. You will getpeace of mind", said Maha Periyava.

The Ramayana Parayana and the peace of mind come together, tothis day.

Author: BrahmaSri RamakrishnaDikshatar, SriMatham Vidvan, Kanchipuram
Source: Maha Periyaval Darisana Anubhavangal

பெரியவாசரணம் !!

பெரியவா
படிப்பிலேமக்குன்னு நீ நெனச்சியோ?”

(அன்பே அருளே புத்தகத்தில் ஸ்ரீ. பரணீதரன் அவர்கள்.)

நான்
திண்டிவனம் பள்ளிக்கு சென்று பெரியவா படித்ததற்கு அடையாளமாக ஏதாவது கிடைக்குமா என்ற ஆர்வத்தில் தலைமை ஆசிரியரின் அனுமதியுடன் பழைய ரெக்கார்ட்கள் வைக்கப்பட்டிருந்த அறையை துழாவினேன். அதிசயத்திலும் அதிசயமாக ஒரு வருகை பதிவேட்டின் ஒரே ஒரு காகிதம் மட்டும் கிடைத்தது. அது 1904 ஆம் வருடம், பெரியவா ரெண்டாம் பாரம் படித்தபோது, அந்த வகுப்பின் வருகை பதிவேட்டின் ஒரு ஷீட்.

அதில் 'சுவாமிநாதன்' என்ற பெயரை கண்டபோது எனக்கு மகிழ்ச்சி நிலைகொள்ளவில்லை. மறுநாளே, ஆந்திராவில் இருந்த பெரியவாளை தரிசிக்க சென்றேன்.

நடுநிசி
, பூர்ண நிலா, பெரியவா ஓர் ஊரில் இருந்து வேறோர் கேம்ப் க்கு மேனாவில் பயணித்து கொண்டிருந்தார். கூடவே ஓடி, திண்டிவனம் சென்ற விவரத்தையும், 'வருகை பதிவேடு' காகிதம் கிடைத்த செய்தியையும் கூறினேன். சற்று தொலைவு சென்றதும் மேனா நின்றது. உடன் வந்தவர்களையும் மேனாவை தூக்கி வந்தவர்களையும் ஆகாரம் செய்து விட்டு, வரும்படி பணித்துவிட்டு, பெரியவா அந்த வருகை பதிவேட்டு ஷீட்டை வாங்கி டார்ச் லைட் லென்ஸ் உதவியோடு பார்த்தார். முகம் மலர்ந்தது.

இது எப்படிடா உனக்கு கிடச்சுது? என்று ஆச்சிரியத்துடன் கேட்டு விட்டு, அதில் இருந்த பெயர்களை ஒவ்வொன்றாக படித்தார். அறுபத்து நான்கு வருடங்கள் முந்தய நாட்களின் நினைவுகளில் ஒரு கணம் மூழ்கி போனார். தம்முடன் ரெண்டாம் பாரத்தில் படித்த மாணவர்களை நினைவு கூர்ந்தார்.

அவர்களில்
யார் யார் அப்போது உயிருடன் இல்லை என்பதையும் மற்றவர்கள் எந்த ஊரில் இருக்கிறார்கள் என்பதையும் சொன்னார்.

இறுதியாக
, 'என் பேர் எல்லோருக்கும் கடைசிலே இருக்கே, பெரியவா படிப்பிலே 'மக்கு' ன்னு நீ நெனச்சியோ?' என்று சிரித்துக்கொண்டே கேட்டார்.

'இல்லே, பெரியவா பேர் ஏன் கடைசிலே இருக்குன்னு நெனச்சிண்டேன்' என்ற உண்மையை சொன்னேன்.

'
என் பூர்வாச்ரம தகப்பனாருக்கு ஸ்கூல்இன்ஸ்பெக்டர் உத்தியோகம். அடிக்கடி அவரை, ஊர் மாத்திடுவா. சிதம்பரத்திலேருந்து திண்டிவனத்துக்கு செப்டம்பர் மாசம் மாத்தலாயி வந்தார். பாதியிலே வந்து இந்த ஸ்கூல் லே சேர்ந்தேன். அதனால தான் என் பேரு கடைசிலே இருக்கு' என்று விளக்கம் தந்தார்.

Source: Siva sankaran / Brahmana Sangham/Brahmins Association

Link:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/367386353459514/permalink/550715851793229/

ஶ்ரீகுருப்யோ நம:

"நீ ஒண்ணு பண்ணு. ஒன் நக்ஷத்ரத்துக்கும், ஒன் ஆம்படையாள் நக்ஷத்ரத்துக்கும் பாடசாலை கொழந்தேளுக்கு ஒரு ஸ்வீட் பண்ணி ஒன் கையால போடு. வேத குழந்தேள் வயிறு குளுந்தா அத்தனை விசேஷம்""

நடந்தது 1960 களில்.

இன்று போல், (இன்றும் பெருவாரியாக அப்படித் தான்) அன்றும் வேத பாடசாலைக் குழந்தைகளுக்கு, முரட்டு நாலு முழ சோமன், உண்டக்கட்டி, மட்ட ரக அரிசியில் சாதம். ஒருவேளை தான் சுடுசாதம், காலை மிஞ்சியது தான் இரவுக்கும்.

போட்டதைத் தின்றுவிட்டு, சாகை, சந்தம் என்று தொண்டை கிழிய கத்தினதுகள் அந்த சிறுசுகள். படுத்துக் கொள்ளும் பாயிலேயே தூக்கத்தில் மூச்சா போகும் ஐந்து, ஆறு வயது குழந்தைகள் கூட அந்த பாட சாலையில் இருந்தன.

ஒரே வார்த்தையில் சொல்வோமா?

அந்த குழந்தைகள் செய்தது ‘த்யாகம்’. லோக க்ஷேமத்திற்காக.

அதில் கொஞ்சம் வயது முதிர்ந்த குழந்தைகள். ஒரு தவறு செய்துவிட்டன.

என்ன தவறு?

கலியின் கொடுமை. அந்த வேத பாடசாலைக்கு பின்புறமே ஒரு திரை அரங்கு வந்தது. சுவர் தாண்டிக் குதித்தால் திரைப் படம் காணப் போய்விடலாம். போயும் விட்டார்கள்.

வேதபாடசாலை மேற்பார்வை செய்துகொண்டிருந்த அன்பருக்கு விவரம் தெரிந்தது.

பெற்றவர்கள் மற்றும் உறவினர் சிலர் வந்தால் வெளியில் சென்று கண்ட இடத்தில் கண்டதை தின்றுவிட்டு வந்து விடுகிறார்கள் என்ற குற்றச்சாட்டும் கூடவே.

ஸ்ரீமடத்துக்கு கடிதம் எழுதினார், மனக்குமுறலை.

ஐயனிடம் இருந்து உத்தரவானது.

வேதபாடசாலைக் குழந்தைகளுடன் முகாம் நோக்கி வருமாறு. கார்வேட் நகரில் முகாம் அப்போது. பாடசாலை மேற்பார்வை அன்பர், குழந்தைகளுடன் சென்றார் கார்வேட் நோக்கி.

ஸ்ரீ சரணரிடம் இருந்து உத்தரவு, குழந்தைகளுக்கு வாய்க்கு பிடித்த மாதிரி அவர்கள் கேட்கும் உணவு பதார்த்தங்களை சமைத்து போடச் சொல்லி.

ஒரு வாரம் போல் ஆனது. குழந்தைகள் ஏதோ ‘தாத்தா’ ஆத்துக்கு, விடுமுறைக்கு வந்த குழந்தைகள் போல், கோவில், குளக்கரை என்று பொழுது போக்கிக் கொண்டு, வாய்க்கு பிடித்ததை சாப்பிட்டுக் கொண்டு.

‘தாத்தா’ கூப்பிட்டபோது மட்டும், போய், அவர் ‘திருமுன்’ சந்தம், சாகை சொல்லிவிட்டு வருவர். அன்பருக்கோ வருத்தமான வருத்தம். யாரையும் கூப்பிட்டு ‘கண்டிப்பா?, கேட்கக் கூட இல்லையே?, பாடம் வேறு போகிறதே?’.

ஒரு வாரம் போல் கழிந்த பின், பாடசாலை ஆசிரியரோடு, குழந்தைகளுக்கு ஆசி வழங்கி, பிரசாதம் அருளி ஊர் அனுப்பிவிட்டார் பரம கருணா மூர்த்தி. மறந்தும் வேதக் குழந்தைகளை கண்டிக்கவில்லை.

அன்பர் மட்டும் நிறுத்தி வைக்கப் பட்டார்.

மறுநாள் உத்தரவானது.

‘உன் நக்ஷத்ரம் என்ன?’

‘கிருத்திகை’

‘உன் ஆம்படையாளுக்கு?’

‘ரேவதி’.

‘நீ ஒண்ணு பண்ணு. ஒன் நக்ஷத்ரத்துக்கும், ஒன் ஆம்படையாள் நக்ஷத்ரத்துக்கும் பாடசாலை கொழந்தேளுக்கு ஒரு ஸ்வீட் பண்ணி ஒன் கையால போடு. வேத குழந்தேள் வயிறு குளுந்தா அத்தனை விசேஷம்’

‘நிச்சயமா பண்றேன். எனக்கு ரெண்டு புள்ளேள். அவாளுக்கு ஆருத்ரா, அப்புறம் புனர்பூசம்’.

‘தாராளமா பேஷா பண்ணேன். நாலு நாள், கொழந்தேள் ஒன் உபாயத்தால இனிப்பு சாப்பிடட்டுமே’.
ஊருக்கெல்லாம் தெரிந்தது. இருபத்தேழு நக்ஷத்திரம் தானே…வேதக் குழந்தைகளுக்கு பண்ணிப் போட்டால் அத்தனை விசேஷமாமே, தலைமுறை தலைமுறைக்கு அந்த புண்ணியம் காபந்து பண்ணுமாமே?

தினம் தினம் வடை பாயசத்தோடு சாப்பாடு.

ஐயன் அழைத்தார் அன்பரை, திரும்பவும்.

“நீ என்ன பண்ணு…தினமும் பேயன் பழத்தை வெளக்கெண்ணையில நறுக்கி போட்டு, ஒரு துண்டு பேயன் பழம், கொஞ்சம் ஒரு உத்ரிணி வெளக்கெண்ணை அத்தனை கொழந்தைகளுக்கும் ஒன் கையால ராத்திரி படுத்துக்க போறதுக்கு முன்னாடி ஊட்டி விடு…கடலைமா பக்ஷணம், நெய் வேற…வயித்துக்கு ஆகாது…வெளக்கெண்ணை, வயித்தை சுத்தம் பண்ணும்…கொழந்தேள் தொண்டை கிழிய வேதம் சொல்றதுகள். ஒடம்பு சூடு வேறே. ஒடம்புக்கு குளிர்ச்சியும்…வெளக்கெண்ணை தரும். நீயும் அவா கிட்டே பாடசாலையிலே ஒரு ஓரமா படுத்துக்கோ.”

கொஞ்ச நாள் போனது. அன்பர் ஐயன் தரிசனம் போனார்.

‘இப்போ எந்த கொழந்தையாவது செவுறு தாண்டி போறதோ? கண்ட எடத்திலே சாப்பிடறதோ?’
அவரிடமிருந்த கண்ணீர் மட்டும் தான் பதிலாய் வந்தது. அது நன்றிக் கண்ணீர் மட்டுமல்ல. ஆனந்தக் கண்ணீர்.

நோய்நாடி நோய்முதல் நாடி அதுதணிக்கும்
வாய்நாடி வாய்ப்பச் செயல்.

என்பது வள்ளுவ வேதம்.
இதன்பொருள்

நோய் இன்னதென்று ஆராய்ந்து, நோயின் காரணம் ஆராய்ந்து, அதைத் தணிக்கும் வழியையும் ஆராய்ந்து, உடலுக்கு பொருந்தும் படியாகச் செய்யவேண்டும்.

ஆங்கிலத்தில், இன்றைய நவீன மேலாண்மை யுகத்தில் ‘ROOT CAUSE ANALYSIS’ என்று ‘CAUSAL ANALYSIS’ என்றெல்லாம் சொல்வார்கள்.

ஐயனை விடவும் ஓர் அதியற்புத உளவியலாளர் காணமுடியுமோ?
காமகோடி பீடத்தின் அதிபராய் வெறுமனே சந்திர மௌலீச்வர பூசை மட்டுமா அவர் செய்தது?

இது போல் இன்னும் எத்தனை எத்தனை அற்புதங்களோ?

அவருக்கு மட்டுமே வெளிச்சம்…
அவர் தான் அந்த வெளிச்சம்…
அது காட்டிக் கொடுத்தால் மட்டுமே உண்டு…
வேதம் வாழ வந்த வித்தகர்…

நன்றி: ஸ்ரீ கணேச சர்மா அவர்கள். ‘தெய்வத்தின் குரல்’ உரையில்.

Source: Siva Sankaran / Brahmana Sangam/ Brahamins Association
https://www.facebook.com/groups/367386353459514/permalink/559513264246821/

பெரியவா சரணம் !!

Experiences with Maha Periyava: Mysterious illness cured!

Sri Shankaranarayanan, a devotee used to have darshan of Sri Maha Periyava, as he was a staunch devotee. He got affected by a strange high fever, which affected him once every 10 to 15 days. Since this had become a routine, he tried all sorts of medicines and advice from various doctors. Nonetheless, his hopes and untiring efforts to cure the fever persisted. The man came to a conclusion that the treatment given by doctors could no longer be a remedy and there was only one last resort, none other than the Guru.

One fine morning, he visited the SriMatham and had darshan. Periyava asked, "Ippa than varaya" (Are you coming only now?)

“Yes Periyava”.

"Have you heard about Jwarahareswara temple in Kanchi? Have you been there before?

“No Periyava”.

"Today is a Sunday in Karthigai masam. Come, we shall see Jwarahareswara and Surya Bhagavan" said Periyava and walked down.

Shankaranarayanan followed Periyava like a calf to a cow.

By the time they reached there, the priest had left already but in spite of it, He made him have darshan.

"Do you have some money?"

“No Periyava... I just left my wallet at the Matham itself...”

"Ok... Do one thing... Go to that mandapam and get some money from people who are there...”

Shankaranarayanan managed to get 10 to 15 rupees in a few minutes.

"There is a plate in front of Swami Sannadhi... Go and offer some there and drop some money in the hundi too...”

"Good... Let us go to Kachchabeswarar temple from here... As today is a Sunday in Karthigai, celebrations are taking place there."

“You know, arogyam baskaradhichcheth (let body be healthy with the grace of Surya)...”

Sri Maha Periyava, after having darshan at Sannidhi and seeing Surya Bhagavan, came to the mandapam and called some Vedic scholars and asked them to sing Surya sadhagam and explained.

He said to Shankaranarayanan, "Ok. The time is up.... You can go and eat and start to your place".

Though Shankaranarayanan was happy about the visit to temples along with Maha Periyava, he was feeling sad for not telling his health condition to Him. He left the place sadly and realised later on, that the fever had left too and never dared to strike again!

Source: https://www.facebook.com/Jagadguru-Sri-Maha-Periyava-Kanc…/…
Source: Revanth Daripalli / Bhrahmana Sangam / Brahmins Association / Face Book

Link:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/367386353459514/search/?query=Mysterious%20illness%20cured

பெரியவா சரணம் !!

Experiences with Maha Periyava: A fruit of wisdom

When Maha Periyava was at Kanchipuram, He was in kastha mauna (silence) for several months at a stretch. Devotees could obtain Periyava's darshan, but could not hear His voice.

It was during this period that a certain Chettiar came for darshan. He was like Pusalar Nayanar and had cultivated devotion to Maha Periyava having heard so much about him being described as ‘The Walking God' and 'The God who speaks'. When he saw Periyava sitting silently, he thought to himself, ‘‘The God who speaks’ has become a ‘God of silence’ now! Periyava need not speak to me.

But He could speak to some great scholar or an attendant of the SriMatham, with someone… anyone. I can atleast hear His voice and rejoice’.

The attendants who served Maha Periyava tried in several ways to make Him speak, not intending to disturb His penance of course, but because they were moved by the disappointment and yearning of the devotees. It was at the same time that a great devotee, Tiruvetisvaranpettai Venkataramaiyer passed away. Even when this news was conveyed, Periyava did not show the slightest reaction. Not even a hint of compassion in His eyes. The attendants were very upset. What a great soul of purity Venkataramaiyer was. Atleast for his sake, Periyava could have broken His silence and given instructions or even signaled through gestures even if He did not speak! Nothing of that kind!

Brahmachari Ramakrishnan who served Maha Periyava at close quarters could not contain his disappointment. His feelings poured out into a torrent of words.

"Why are you so silent? If you stop speaking, will the earth rise a foot higher? Or will the night turn into day? Tiruvetiswaran Mama has expired. He has no children. No one knows what is to be done. What is going to be lost if you give us some directions?"
There was not the slightest movement or reaction.
Brahmachari Ramakrishnan prostrated four times as if seeking pardon for his words and went away. Five minutes later he returned.

"A Chettiar has come. He has being doing penance to hear Periyava's voice".

Periyava smiled. It was an utterly extraordinary and the rarest of sights. The attendant broke into sweat under the sway of emotion. How many months had passed since Periyava smiled like this!
Periyava gestured to the Chettiar to come closer. Picking up a mango fruit from a plate nearby, He placed it on His chest and gestured to the attendant that the fruit be given to Chettiar. Periyava never did such things when He was in kastha mauna. But if a devotee prayed earnestly, must not the prayer be granted?

If one's resolve is broken, atonement can be made. But a devotee must not be sent away disappointed!

˜This is enough! Enough! Periyava's penance should not be disturbed. I have truly seen the Lord of Kailasha. This is enough for this birth" said the Chettiar in great joy and left.

One does not know if Brahmacharai Ramakrishnan's ignorance left him or not. But one arrives at wisdom only when one ripens, so to say. That is enough.

Source: Maha Periyava Darisana Anubhavangal (in Tamil)

Link:
https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=1168851179871427&id=668285496594667&substory_index=0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back