• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

God's photo kept in temple

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it correct to take the God's photos keptin temple by some others under the tree? We should not take the broken ones, Iknow. Recently I found a new plastic laminated srirangapatna ranganatha swamyphoto and the next day a brand new Raghavendra swamy matt fnsh laminated not even theplastic removed. I asked the archaka and took both the photos for worship. Incidentally itwas 345th brindavana aradana for Ragavendra swamy on Saturday [Madhya Aradhana

I keep only Ravi varmas painting copies duly mounted artistically in golden frames.

In fiftees and sixties Ravi varmas Goddesses were most sought after.

Even thanjavur painting copies are good.

Many hang them now in bedrooms or offices

on Saraswathi puja and vijayadasami day even in offices and banks one sees photos of Goddesses.

SBT sports the large photos of travancore maharaja duly framed.

he is no less than God for employees.

They are hoping that they are not merged with SBI.

It is not wise to steal photos of God found under tree or anywhere else.

Last edited:
I keep only Ravi varmas painting copies duly mounted artistically in golden frames.

In fiftees and sixties Ravi varmas Goddesses were most sought after.

Even thanjavur painting copies are good.

Many hang them now in bedrooms or offices

on Saraswathi puja and vijayadasami day even in offices and banks one sees photos of Goddesses.

SBT sports the large photos of travancore maharaja duly framed.

he is no less than God for employees.

They are hoping that they are not merged with SBI.

It is not wise to steal photos of God found under tree or anywhere else.

Thanks for your inputs.
It is not stealing photo. After inquiring with archaka I took the photos and offer neivedya.

Archakas do not set moral standards.

One has to set moral standards himself to observe right and wrong.

Someone must have left the photos under a tree for devotees to worship.

In some cases they are left for others to take & worship! Nothing wrong per se

Then how the incharge is given to them to do puja to the God?

Vgane sir is becoming accessory to a wrong act.lol

Archaka are paid to to do puja alone and not distribute photos displayed by other devotees without their consent.

The devotees will not tell archakas that I have kept this photo here and give it to somebody. They silently keep and go.

Vgane sir is becoming accessory to a wrong act.lol

Archaka are paid to to do puja alone and not distribute photos displayed by other devotees without their consent.

Krishji, If I leave no trail of my identity & no instructions about what to do with the God's photo that I am leaving, then it is the prerogative of temple management to either control the distribution of photos or just allow any Bhaktha to take it for worship! It is only a rarity that someone will drop a new photo in temple!! Majority are used /faded ones

Back to prayers is always fine

Most of the gods photos left under the tree or in temples or considered surplus by those left them..

It is possible that it is a gift received and they already have a similar / some photo of the deity.

Now a days even multiple photos of same deities are being considered as surplus and disposed in the manner cited...

The reason also is that the droppers donot want to throw it or send it as part of the garbage.. Good gesture..

Now some one who is interested picks it up and prays at his home is for the good only. since the prayers/pujas for such photos is going to be continued ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back