• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Ramanujacharya and Ramayana

Status
Not open for further replies.
18 times...he was sent back 17 times..but when he came for the 18th time he was also denied..as he was about to leave to go home..finally he was allowed to hear the Ramayan.

Last edited:
again the most famous dialogue of old tamil movies "சுத்திஇருக்கிற 18 பட்டி கிராமாத்திர்க்கும் நாட்டம நான்"!!! LOL

Ramanujacharya wanted to hear Ramayana from his uncle Periya Thirumalai Nambi. Ramanujacharya was in kancheepuram and Periya Thirumai Nambi in Tirupathi. Those days transportation was not that much advanced. Ramanujacharya came by walk from Kancheepuram to Tirupati and requested to tell Ramayana to him. His uncle said not now come afterwards. Like that 17 times he sent back Ramanujacharya. Eighteenth time Ramanujacharya came and asked. This time also he denied . When Ramanujacharya was about to leave Periya Nambi called him and said I will tell Ramayana to you. You have got so much patience to hear Ramayana from me. The vedas are in 18 forms in Ramayana and by seeing your patience I am delighted and will certainly tell. Ramanujacharya heard the Ramayana from his uncle.

Let me save other's time in Google search!

Here is something chuttufied from a page on internet.

''Mahabharata has 18 Parva. The Bhagavad Gita has 18 chapters.

The war lasts for 18 days.

The war involves 18 Akshauhini armies, 11 of the Kauravas and 7 of the Pandavas.

Each Akshauhini army consisted of 21870 chariot force, 21870 elephant force,

65610 horse force and 109350 soldiers where each number sums up to 18.''

Source: Why has the number 18 been given so much importance in the epic 'Mahabharata'

Ramanujacharya wanted to hear Ramayana from his uncle Periya Thirumalai Nambi. Ramanujacharya was in kancheepuram and Periya Thirumai Nambi in Tirupathi. Those days transportation was not that much advanced. Ramanujacharya came by walk from Kancheepuram to Tirupati and requested to tell Ramayana to him. His uncle said not now come afterwards. Like that 17 times he sent back Ramanujacharya. Eighteenth time Ramanujacharya came and asked. This time also he denied . When Ramanujacharya was about to leave Periya Nambi called him and said I will tell Ramayana to you. You have got so much patience to hear Ramayana from me. The vedas are in 18 forms in Ramayana and by seeing your patience I am delighted and will certainly tell. Ramanujacharya heard the Ramayana from his uncle.
Exact answer----

Let me save other's time in Google search!

Here is something chuttufied from a page on internet.

''Mahabharata has 18 Parva. The Bhagavad Gita has 18 chapters.

The war lasts for 18 days.

The war involves 18 Akshauhini armies, 11 of the Kauravas and 7 of the Pandavas.

Each Akshauhini army consisted of 21870 chariot force, 21870 elephant force,

65610 horse force and 109350 soldiers where each number sums up to 18.''

Source: Why has the number 18 been given so much importance in the epic 'Mahabharata'

refer the answer by krishm100. All will not be in google.

Yes..there is.

But lets wait for IMRPS to teach us today the significance of the number 18 in this story.

Originally Posted by mkrishna100 Ramanujacharya wanted to hear Ramayana from his uncle Periya Thirumalai Nambi. Ramanujacharya was in kancheepuram and Periya Thirumai Nambi in Tirupathi. Those days transportation was not that much advanced. Ramanujacharya came by walk from Kancheepuram to Tirupati and requested to tell Ramayana to him. His uncle said not now come afterwards. Like that 17 times he sent back Ramanujacharya. Eighteenth time Ramanujacharya came and asked. This time also he denied . When Ramanujacharya was about to leave Periya Nambi called him and said I will tell Ramayana to you. You have got so much patience to hear Ramayana from me. The vedas are in 18 forms in Ramayana and by seeing your patience I am delighted and will certainly tell. Ramanujacharya heard the Ramayana from his uncle.

Imran....that means my answers is also correct.

Why you never said my answer is also correct?

As a student I would like feedback from Acharya too.

Imran....that means my answers is also correct.

Why you never said my answer is also correct?

As a student I would like feedback from Acharya too.

U do not know how to type the user id f a member-do not expect reply. Behave like a veteran

U do not know how to type the user id f a member-do not expect reply. Behave like a veteran

Imran is nice name na?

I am well behaved..see I was first to answer about Ramanuja and his 18 times.

But as an Acharya you are not being fair to your students.

simran is a female name.

How about simran jit?

It is masculine.

It might appeal to all ladies in the forum -can be called sims for short.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back